Chapter 45

Fall For You

MISHIL’s POV

It’s weekend again then it means no work for today. I don’t know but times seems to slip so fast. The more it gets near, the more I became afraid. He still doesn’t know about us. I’m afraid that in the end I’ll be making the wrong choice again. I gave Yejin a call that I will be there in her house. She hesitated at first but decided to give me a yes. “Weird. She never doubt to make me come in her house. Why is it that she doesn’t want me to come in her house?”

I decided to wear a comfortable dress and tied my hair in a ponytail. I found that eomma is busy working in our house together with our house maids. “Why do you seem so busy right now?” I ask my mother who is busy t the flowers in our vases. She turn to me not looking at my face.

“We have visitors tonight. So we got to prepare.” I just nodded my head and just smiled. “You can invite Suho to invite us tonight.” Then mu brows knitted in confusion. I just thought Suho will be the one dining with us.

“Wait. I got confuse. I thought it’s Suho oppa is the one who will be dining with us tonight. Then who?” This time my mother place the trimmed flowers back in the vase and finally faced me.

“Well. You’ll see later tonight. So be home early. It’s been a long time since their family dine with us. I don’t know if their son has already grown handsome. It’s been years. I don’t know if you still remember each other.” Then it confuse me more. I have a childhood friend back then? I just nodded my head and decided to get my car keys. “Where are you going anyways?” My mother asked me.

“To Yejin’s house. I just wanna hangout with her.”

“Oh. Yejin right? You know before you do anything else, why don’t you start making the invitation cards?”

“Invitation?” I asked again. Is it my head floating and I can’t understand what my mom is saying this morning?

“Pabo.” My mom said while giving me a flick on my forehead which made my eyes become wide. My mom never said that kind of informality to me before. I touched my forehead where she flicked as I looked at her going upstairs getting something. When she came down holding those cards that’s when I realized what she is talking about. Invitation for my wedding. I sighed inwardly remembering those. There is just four weeks to go. “Here. Tell yejin if she could help you.” My mother kissed my aching forehead and then I finally drove to their house.

I parked my car in front of their house and made my way to the doorbell. I rang the doorbell once and still no one is opening. Just as I was about to ring again, the gates open and reveal the face I never expected to see.

“Mishil?”

“Sehun oppa?” We both said in unison. Then I saw him bit his lips. I raised my one eyebrow at him while my hands are crossed in my chest.

“Ooh Sehun oppa. What are you taking so lo--” Yejin come out cutting her words. I stared at him while he looked the other way while brushing his nape. “Ooh M-Mishil y-you’re here. C-Come inside.” She said stuttering while smiling.

I came inside without uttering anything. Not yet. They followed me silently behind. “So you two are already dating?” I asked. Silence followed. Then I faced them. Then they both answered differently.

“Yes.” Sehun answered. “No.” yejin answered.

“No?” Sehun said again. “Yes?” Yejin said at the same time too. I rolled my eyes at them.

“You know guys. Ok Just tell me how long?” They both not look at me. “Ok fine hide it to me. Whatever. It’s your decision anyways.”

“Actually it is only now when I found out that Yejin is living here.” Sehun defended. “We have an apartment here more like hangout place for us. Since we do not live in the same dorm and we missed it.” Then he stopped looking at me. “Why would I tell it anyways. You probably won’t remember it.” He said almost a whisper.

“I’ll just prepare something to eat for us.” Yejin said leaving the two of us. Then I came closer to him.

“You think I don’t?” I said. He look at me with a question in his face. “You think I don’t remember you live in the dorm when we are still in college?” his eyes slowly open in wide. “You think I don’t remember when I first saw you in Kai’s apartment. You think I don’t remember when you are the one who decided to make me stay in Kai’s house and come in school?” His eyes are larger than a saucer.

“M-Mishil. You remember now?” I smiled.

“It’s been a week now.” I said. Then Yejin comeback again with a tray in her hands.

“Mishil. Don’t scare Sehun oppa like that.” She said while putting down the tray in the center table.

“I’m not scaring him.” I said. “We’re actually friends.” I said while I slightly punch him in his abdomen. He flinched but laugh anyways.

“So why are you here anyway?” She ask.

“My plan awhile ago is to hangout in our favourite ice cream parlor but then my mom insisted if you could help me for my invitation i-in m-my w-wedding.” I said stuttering suddenly. Then Sehun burst the juice he’s drinking and cough.

“S-sorry. I didn’t expect that.” He said while he wipe his mouth.

“Don’t worry we’ll help you.” She said. We started in silence. We cut the edges of the card, fold it then put in envelope while yejin write to whom it will be given for. The she break the silence we’re having. “I think my neck s becoming stiff. I’ll just take a shower upstairs.” And so she leave the two of us and the silence began again.

“So you’ll still continue the wedding?” Sehun asked breaking the ice.

“I don’t know. B-but m-maybe.” I said stuttering again. I know he’s next question and I don’t if I could answer it right.

“Then how about Kai hyung. I thought when you remember him it would get easier.” He said.

I sighed while I stop working and put down the scissors and leaned my head on the sofa and closed my eyes. “it’s hard you know. And how much you are confuse what to do then it is much more confusing to me. I love him.” I said still my eyes close. “But I can’t hurt him.” I continued and I don’t know if Sehun understands who the one I am talking are.

For what seems forever, we neatly finished the cards and we said our goodbye. I didn’t realize that it is already afternoon and the sun is starting to set. I went to Suho’s house and saw the bright lights outside. Not too long and the maids made me come inside. “Master Suho is inside his bedroom.” I smiled and thanked her. Just as I was about to head upstairs, I saw Suho’s half-brother not literally half since Suho once told me that he was adopted. “Mishil.” He said.

“Soohyun oppa.” I said bowing to him. He’s wearing his perfect suit and I can’t help to admire him in his attire. I remember that Suho once said that he is scared at them.

“You’re still beautiful the first time Suho brought you here.” He said flashing his smile but not the genuine one but the smile that authorities person gave to their employees.

“T-thanks.” I found myself stuttering. “I’ll just head upstairs.”

“Go ahead.” He said nodding his head.

I let out a breath once I’m upstairs. I knock on Suho’s door once, twice, when I heard he didn’t answer, I slowly peek in his room. “Oppa?” I ask.

“Mishil?” he said. His voice echoing inside the bathroom. “Wait a moment.” He said.

“Ok.” I said. Just as I was about to sit on his bed, my hand accidentally brush something in the table making some folders fell. “Aish. Pabo.” I said to myself. I pick them up and put them in their proper folders. The papers are all about financial records and status about Kim’s company. The last folder is actually different. It’s actually a case I guess. A picture of a crashed car I guess. I remember this news years before I’ve been in a coma. I shrugged the thought away and just put in back. Suho went out in his bathroom wearing tuxedo. “Oh.” I said.

“Can’t help to admire my handsome face?” he said making his way towards me and kissing my forehead. I blush a little. “What are you doing here?” he ask again.

“My mom invites you to dine with us tonight.”

“Oh I think I can’t come. My father has some business meeting with the ambassadors and he wants me to come.” He said sadly.

“It’s okay. In understand.” I said smiling.

He smiled again and pull me in my waist. “I miss you already.”

I don’t what to answer but I choose the right thing to say. “M-me t-too.” I just said.

“You made me change my mind. How about I dine in your house quickly before I head for my business meeting?” he said.

Then we went together in our house. When the door opens, I was shocked. “Oh Mishil. Suho.” His father greeted us. I did not know that they already come toward us because my eyes were locked with someone and he is also staring at me. Then suddenly he winks at me flashing my favorite smile in him.

“Why don’t we take our dinner now?” My appa insisted. One by one they left the living room and headed to our dining room. Only the two of us were left.

“Why are you here?” I said.

He chuckled. “What? We’re going to eat here.” He said. He walk away from me going to our dining room. I wanted to hug him right now but I prevent myself from doing so. I was left standing there until he stops and face me. “What sre you waiting stupid?” he said smirking.

I walk quickly and slap his shoulder. “I’m not stupid.” I said which earn a laugh at him.

We dine while sharing our stories to each other. They laugh while they reminisce our moments together. I think only me is eating in silence. Then suddenly I felt someone nudge me on my feet. I look across me and me Kai looking at me. His look tells me like why-are-you-not-eating-your-food. I just let my tongue out and he chuckled silently. He suddenly put something in my plate.

“Eat.” He mouthed. “Or else…” he said trailing his words. Probably, they don’t notice that we’re talking to each other since they are laughing.

“What?” I mouthed back.

“I’ll kiss you.” He said which made me glare at him. I looked away at him and eat the one he gave me not looking at what I ate. Many minutes had passed and I suddenly felt that I can’t breathe. They stop when they notice that I’m having a difficult time. They started to worry.

“Mishil?” Suho asked beside me. He held my hand and saw that my skin is having rashes. “Mishil why did you eat those?” I look at my plate and saw that the one Kai gave me is the one I’m allergic. “You know you are highly allergic to those.” I know even if I’m not looking at him I know he’s feeling guilty. “I’ll take you in your room.” He was about to take me in my room when his phone suddenly rang. He answered it and said something. “I’m sorry but my father wants to have me in my business meeting tonight. I’m sorry again.” And so he left.

Then I heard the chair move and I felt that I was being carried now. I realized it’s already Kai carrying me in my room. He gently place me down in my bed. “Where is your medicine?” He ask in guilty tone.

“A-at m-my d-draw-wer.” I manage to say in between of my ragged breathing. I hurriedly drink my medicine and slowly regains my breathing. With my eyes close, I felt him sit beside me.

“I’m sorry.” He said taking my hand. “I’m a fool.” He said.

“Kai. It’s nothing. It’s my fault, I didn’t notice the food I ate and it can happen everyday if I’m not careful.”

“When it happened to you, I realized I still don’t know something about you. Your body is not the same as before that is why I thought everything was okay.” He said in his sad voice. “But I guess I’m wrong.” I gripped his hand and squeeze it. “Suho hyung knows everything about you and from that moment, I feel the envy.” He said. I can’t bear to hear that he feels so guilty. “I feel worthless.”

“kai don’t say that. It’s just a mistake.”

“I know. What more I don’t know about you. I didn’t realize that I could already hurt you that moment.” He said. Then he stand from where he’s sitting and I could still feel that he’s guilty. I suddenly became sad. “I’ll leave now.” I became afraid at his last words. I know he’s telling that he’s leaving the house already but I can’t help to become afraid that what he meant is different. Before he totally leaves, he kiss me in my forehead. “You know I still love you.”

He said in whisper and I felt a tear drop in my hand.

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update. It’s been hard to me this days. There are only 8 weeks to go before my national medical exam. I’m afraid that I wouldn’t make it.