Chapter 32

Fall For You

KAI’s POV

 

I heard the ticking of the clock on my bedside table. I smell the flowers that nurse had changed this morning. I was blinded by the sun that shone in my room. I stared at my window as I see how the trees swayed by the wind. The room is quiet. Or empty. I tried to move but I ended hurting my leg. It is okay to feel the pain. That is what my mom told me when she met me so devastated that time. Pain won’t last. That is only its ways to show how much you can get stronger. That’s the exact words my mother said. At least you didn’t die. She added.

It is not that I want to die although it sometimes seems like that. But I’m not into suicidal. I’m into seeing her. I just thought if I die or sort of like dying, I just thought I would have some intuition. Like, my soul would travel and I would get to see her. It is like she is the one who would take me and lead. It is not dying I want, the thought of seeing her one last time. I just thought if it is not here on Earth, maybe in heaven.

But sometimes, I’m afraid of dying. I never liked tragedy. That is why no matter how romantic the story Romeo and Juliet, I never liked it. It just shows how cruel the world is. It just shows how unfair life can be. If Romeo just knew at once that Juliet is still alive, he will never do that stupid act. That’s what I’m holding onto. Even how impossible life can be, I somehow still expects to see her once again. I don’t know when, where, and how. I just can’t give up easily because I’m afraid that if I gave up, it is the time she would show up once again. Like the first time I didn’t expect to see her falling in my place.

My train of thoughts of afterlife have been stopped when someone knocked on my door. If that would be nurse, I would never answer and just pretended to sleep. But I heard a different voice. A feminine one. “Come in.” I said. I saw Boyun holding basket full of fruits. Boyun has also changed. She became gentler as what I didn’t expect her to be. She smiled at me as she placed the basket beside the flower vase.

“How are you?” She asked sitting on the edge of my bed.

“Bored.” I chuckled and she joined me with my laughter.

“I’m sorry.” She said not looking at me. Her smiles falter as she speaks.

“Don’t worry. It’s nothing. I can’t watch you get hit by the car.”

“No. For everything.” She then looked at me. Her expression showed me the thing I never saw when she was still my girlfriend. “I never knew you would change. Or more should I actually say she can change you.” Both of us actually changed. Both of us are blinded with childish and playful act before. We don’t know what love is before. Not until when someone crossed your path and bewitched you. “I just realized, after everything has gone, it’s a selfish thing to do.” I didn’t answer and just listened to her. The feeling that I felt when I knew she is the one who gave the feather. “And being so selfish does not make you get what you want. What I just want that time is to be love by someone else. That I am also lovable. If a jerk like you…” she said trailing her words as she looks at me. She suddenly smiles using that word on me. “Can actually fall in love, why can’t I?”

“You can actually find someone. Someone who is better than me. Someone who is not a jerk like me.” Then we suddenly laughed using that informal words.

“But then I can’t help to feel guilty. I just wish Mishil is here once again.” The name I never heard for years. The name that I want to be with again.

 

BAEKHYUN’s POV

 

“What do you think Kai would like?”  I asked them. Then Chanyeol holds a banana.

“A banana maybe.” He said and then he and Sehun laughed.

“Or two big round melons?” Then they cracked once again. Seriously what happened to these guys. I suddenly smacked their heads.

“You ert idiots. It does not mean that when you’re already the heir of your company you could actually think of those matured things. Stop watching would you?”

“Would it be better if this eggplant I buy is longer? Would that affect the taste? Would it be tastier?” Kyungsoo showed me two long eggplants. Then Chanyeol and Sehun cracked again. They hold their tummies for too much laughing.

“What even you?” I asked irritated. Those two are still laughing. I snatched the two eggplant he’s holding and returned it to its place. I left the three of them there.

“What? I just want to ask if it is better if it is longer!” he said shouting which made the others to look at him.

“I guessed you’re the one who has erted mind here.” Chanyeol said to me as they followed me.

“don’t compare me to you guys. I’m different.” I said picking the red apples.

“You’re no different not until you showed me you can also have a girlfriend.” Chanyeol said lifting one orange on his hand.

“I could find that girl. Trust me.” I said smirking at them and started paying the bills in the counter.

“But you know I actually didn’t think that Kai would do that to Boyun. I mean after all those years, I didn’t actually think that they could be in good terms once again.” Sehun said. I don’t know if I am the only one who is missing Mishil here. But I actually do.

“Life is everything. Life is always impossible. It is up to you if you would believe.” I said which made Sehun and Chanyeol’s forehead to crease. I bet they almost forgot Mishil. Sometimes I do believe she will comeback just as how Kai expects and wait for her.

 

We reached the hospital in no time. As I opened the door, I saw Boyun and Kai laughing.

“Oh you guys are here.” She said beaming. We greeted her. “where are the others?”

“Kai. Do you want me to slice some apples for you?” I asked Kai who is removing the petals on the rose. I just saw him nodded.

“I’ll help.” Boyun said picking some apple in the basket. The one that I’m also touching. Our skin brushed and I don’t know that I felt some electricity in my body. She suddenly felt that I froze. “Sorry.” She smiled picking the knife on my hand. I shrugged the thought away.

“I actually forgot to text them where Kai is confined.” Chanyeol said scratching his head. I glared at him. This boy doesn’t knew anything. I was about to text Suho hyung to tell him the hospital and to tell to others when someone peeked at this room.

“oh you’re here!” I was surprised to see Suho here.

“How did you know this hospital? I was about to text you right now but then you came.”

“No. I actually didn’t know that you’re here. What happen to Kai?” he said asking worried.

“I sprain my leg.” He said also surprised.

“Then if you don’t know that Kai is here, then why are you here?” I asked waiting for an answer.

“I’m actually visiting someone. By the way I gotta go. Get well soon Kai.”

“Thanks hyung.” Kai just smiled.

 

SUHO’s POV

I’m actually hurrying right now. I’m actually excited although part of me is scared. Scared that when she sees me, she will actually push me just as how I push her because of my dreams. I love her. I actually love her. I was blinded by the fact that I can reach my dream without her. But I’m wrong, I need her that time and this time I want to make it right.

I promise that when she woke up, I will make it right and so when they told me that she is responding, I’m excited. I hurriedly open the door of her room. The first thing I saw is the back of the nurse checking her vital signs but as she moved, I saw her. “The patient is now awake sir.” The nurse said and leave this room. She look at me creasing her forehead.

“Suho oppa?” Her voice. Her voice that I missed. Her voice that I love. Her voice that I actually wanted to hear. The girl that made me decide that I’m wrong of leaving her. The girl who has sleep for more than 2 years. The girl that I owe forgiveness.

“Mishil.”

 

A/N: I guessed many of you has already forgot about this. But I’m actually glad for those who still stayed. So I guess this is what you want but then I’m guessing that you already get the hint what is Suho’s role here. SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT AND UPVOTE and PLEASE COMMENT AND upvote… and comment… and subscribe… and upvote and… just kidding I’m saying goodnight now. Jaljayo chingus!!!