Chapter 42

Fall For You

MISHIL’s POV

I woke early and saw that the sun has already risen. Since its Saturday we decided to pick a gown on my wedding. There is no backing away here. As I made my way downstairs, I know he is already there waiting for me. There is just 5 weeks left in the calendar and I know this could change everything. But shouldn't I be happy? Now that Suho is already mine after all those years that we went through? After all the fights that we’ve been, in the end we are still together.

I love him before the stupid car bump me. I even tried to follow him but he never look back. Before I was into accident, the last one I’m thinking about is him. Why do when I tried to rethink about the situation there is something that I feel that I am leaving out. And when I tried to think about the wedding, it is not Suho’s face that is flashing on my mind. Why do I think it’s Jo--.

My thoughts were interrupted as I reached the floor downstairs. Suho automatically came forward and greeted me goodmorning. “It seems you’re in deep thoughts.” He said then kissing me in my forehead.

“It’s nothing. Let’s go.” When I tried to think everything, I feel that there is a huge blank that I could not see. There are questions which I could not answer. There are puzzles which I could not put back together. I realized that the car has already stopped. The next thing I knew, Suho has already opened the door and then leaned in close to my face.

I thought he’s going to kiss me but then I heard the click of my seatbelt and then I realized I was still in my seatbelt. “You are too preoccupied.” He said with his smile. Even so, I can’t help to smile when Suho smiles. His smiles is full of sincerity.

The cool air of the air condition welcome me as we enter the dress shop for wedding. The shop also offer designer and planner. As I look through the shop, there are picture frames hanging on the wall. Pictures of I think wed couple. When I tried to look around, I found out that Suho is already gone. Well, I don’t think that is hard to choose clothes for men. Then all of a sudden someone has tapped me in my back. I turn to look who is it. “I guess you’re the fiancée of Suho-ssi.” I smiled in response. “This way.” She said leading me.

We entered a room full of wedding gown designs. I can’t help to awe them one by one. “Do you want to make your own design Mishil-ssi?”

“I guess I’ll be seeing all the designs first.” I said. She followed me as I look and touch them one by one. I stop in front of the dress on the mannequin. The gown is simple but I admire it the most among all the gown I’ve seen. The lady beside me speaks again as I look through it.

“Do you like it? I think it fits you. Do you want to try?” She asked. I nodded. I want to check if the gown looks good also with me. I entered the fitting room and there are two ladies who also entered to help me fit the gown. The lady who followed me also help me. “This gown is the most beautiful” She started as she zipped the dress on my back. “This design is the design I made for my wedding. So maybe I think this is the most special among others. But I think only you who chose this.”

“Maybe you’re so happy the day on your wedding.” I said when I heard the zipper reach the top of my dress. She look at me in the mirror and smiled. “I guess you and your husband is both happy.”

“The day on my wedding yes. But now, it’s not.” I creased my forehead. “No I mean I’m still happy right now and I don’t regret every single thing that happened to me. But I’m not with my husband anymore. He’s dead.” My mouth gape open when I heard her words. She made me sit on the chair to do my hair also. “But I’m happy even if the wedding day is the last day I’ve been with him.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Before that day, he told me to marry someone so when he dies, I will not be left alone. But I didn’t. I said I’ll marry him.” She combed my hair and started to do it. “And my reason is simple.” She said after a long minute. I thought she forgot to say her reason but then she speaks again while she clipped something on my hair. “Because we both love each other. Sometimes that’s what matters the most.” I stood up to check myself in the mirror. “Love.” She said to me smiling while she gave a light squeeze on my bare shoulder because the gown is tube. I look beautiful on my wedding gown but I know something is wrong.

 

AUTHOR’s POV

After Mishil and Suho fitted their dress for their wedding, they receive a call from Chanyeol saying that they want to have a trip with them. And so, they all agreed to go in Baekhyun’s rest house. The place is almost look like an island. One by one they went out the van. The first one that Kai automatically wanted to find is Mishil. He’s happy now that he has seen her but not long after Suho also went out the van and claim her hand.

On the other side, Mishil introduced her bestfriend Yejin to them. They all shake their hands with her but only Sehun blush when he saw Yejin. “HI I’m Sehun.” He said then touch the back of his neck.

“Someone is going red.” Chanyeol beamed.

“I’m not.”

“C’mmon you’re the palest among us here so it’s definitely obvious if you’ve gone red.” Chanyeol ruffled Sehun’s hair.

“I’m not the palest here. It’s Suho hyung.” He defended. “Stop it.” He said as he tried to fight Chanyeol.

“Would someone also say that I’m fair?” Kai asked all of a sudden which made them laughed. Only Mishil didn’t. She tried her best to avoid Jongin. She did not even dare to make an eye contact with him.

“C’mmon it’s getting dark already. Let’s make a bonfire later.” Baekhyun said then he get their things and Boyun’s things. But Boyun came closer to Mishil.

“Hi.” She said as Mishil tried to pick up her things. “Want me to help you?” Boyun asked.

“Oh thanks.” Boyun smiled and choose the things of Mishil. “I haven’t know your name. Are you Baekhyun oppa’s girlfriend?”

She mumbled an ‘Mm’ to her then she speaks again. “Don’t you really remember me?” She asked abruptly with the hint of sadness and a little guilt on her.

“Do I?” Mishil asked. Boyun shook her head because she realize that Baekhyun’s right. She can’t remember the days she went to their school. I’m sorry Mishil. I’m sorry Kai.

They choose separate rooms and the rest house or should they say rest mansion is really big. Then Sehun ran to Mishil and gave something. “Ah Mishil could you give this key to Kai he left it. He’s just upstairs beside Baekhyun’s room.” Mishil nodded her head and smiled after she got the key. “Ah Mishil… Do…” She waited for his sentence while he rubbed his neck. “Do you know where Yejin’s room is?” he said. Then she smiled because she knows that he likes her bestfriend.

“You like her. Do you?” He blush again. “Beside my room.”

After that he went to Kai’s room. Just give it to him. Don’t look in his eyes and just go. Don’t let him talk. She reminded herself. She knocked on the door thrice but no one answered. She dare to open the door slightly to peek in his room. She heard the shower so she guessed probably he’s taking a bath. She entered inside and decided that she will just left the key on the desk. She found his clothes on the bed as the shower continue to sound. As she was about to go when she finally put the key on his desk, something caught her eyes. A pair of rings on his desk. She get one of the rings and read what’s written on it. Kai. She said on his mind as she read it. The size of the ring looks like it fits her. Maybe this is the ring of her girlfriend before. She was about to get the other one to know the name what is embedded there when Kai’s voice startled her.

“Why are you in my room?” He ask. She did not notice that the shower has already stopped. She look at Kai and carefully placing back the ring. To her surprise, she saw Kai in topless and the water drips from his hair to his chest. She swallowed her saliva and chose not to look at him.

“I—I—Sehun ju—just told me to give you t—the key.” She said stuttering. Don’t look at his eyes and his chest. She mentally scolded herself. “I knocked thrice but you did not answer so I just put the key on your table.” Don’t explain yourself. Just go. She said to herself again. But Kai inch forward and so she closed her eyes not looking at him.

“it is not that I’m going to kiss you.” He said so closely to her. The atmosphere is getting hot inside. He inch again and Mishil really thought that he’s going to kiss her. But not he just get the pair of rings and the key on the table. “Open your eyes.” He said.

“No. You’re .” She said which makes Kai to laugh.

“I still have a towel under.” He said but Mishil already started to walk while she cover her eyes.

 

The nigh sank in and they are all beside the seashore. They make bonfire and told scary stories. It is not only the wind that made them chilled but also their different stories. The next thing they did is spinning the bottle with the truth and dare. Kai sensing it just went away and walk at the seashore. He thought he’s the only one but then he heard the familiar laugh and when he take a look sidewards, he saw Suho and Mishil playing. Suho keep chasing her and Mishil just run away while she laughs.

“Until when are you going to wait and hope?” He did not realize that Lay is already beside him. There is a long silence as Kai observes the two. She can hear how happy she is. The two of them went away while Suho carried Mishil and Mishil tried to wiggle. Only the sound of the waves are the only thing that can be heard. Then he broke the silence.

“Until she’s the one to tell me that I need to stop.” He said.

 

The morning come and all of them are excited to go mountain climbing. They live their lives to the fullest because when tomorrow comes again, they will be back with their business attires and stick their nose to their papers. They wait for lunch before they started to walk to the forest to burn the calories they’ve earn. They went inside the forest with Baekhyun leading the way. The forest is somewhat amazing and creepy. But most of them are amazed. Sehun is already there accompanying Yejin to every steep rocks they passed and so with Baekhyun and Suho to Boyun and Mishil. Luhan is clinging to Xiumin while D.O clings to Chen. “Is there really an exit here?” Luhan shouted.

“What if we lost?” Tao asked.

“Of course not. I know this place a lot.” Baekhyun said smiling. The chirping of the bird can be heard in the forest. Kris and Lay just walk coolly behind. Then all of a sudden Kai stumbled at the big root and slipping in the moss in front of him which made him to land on his . Chanyeol laughed but help Kai.

“Are you okay?” he ask while still laughing. Kai even he said thanks slap him on his shoulder.

As they walk they can feel the fresh air inside. After that long walk and almost an hour walk, they finally headed to the exit. “Whoo. I thought were not going to make it.” D.O said scared.

“You must have seen Luhan’s face. He’s about to faint.” Xiumin said then they all laugh.

Mishil bent down to tie her shoe laces as others already going out of the forest. Before she finally followed them, he noticed that Kai is just standing near her looking for something. She heard him said ‘No’ and then he go back inside the forest. “Jongin.” She shouted. She look at them and they are already far away to both of you. “Wait.” She tried to shout to Baekhyun but they didn’t notice you because they are all laughing. When she tried to look for Kai he’s already inside. She’s afraid that he will be lost and so she followed him. “Jongin.” She said when she reach him. “What are you doing?” she shouted as she finally pull his sleeves. But Kai ignore it and continued to walk and search for something. “let’s get outside. We’ll be lost.”

“NO.” He shouted and still continue to walk even if he does not know where they are already. “I need to find it.” He said.

“But we will be lost without Baekhyun here. Let’s go. We’re already going far.”

“I didn’t say you should follow me here.” He said. She was taken aback by his angry voice. “I need to find the ring.”

“It’s just a ri--” She was about to say but Kai cut him off.

“It’s the ring of the one I love.” He said. “That’s the only thing she left me.” He said when he finally look in her eyes. The clouds started to grey and rumbled. Then the next thing they knew there is already a drop that pour on their skin. “It’s important to me.”

“Ok. I’ll help you.” She said when she realize that the ring he’s talking about is the ring she found last night. They walk together but Mishil slipped and Kai automatically hold her but because it’s too slippery, they both slipped going down which made them to land on something hard. Now they are too lost.

“Are you okay?” Kai asked worriedly. Mishil receive a scratch on her cheek near her ear when they fall down. “I’m sorry.” He said when she touch her cheek.

“It’s okay.” She said to reassure him. The rain becomes harder and so Kai chooses to just stay for a while because she’s afraid that he will hurt her more.

The long silence sank in and they are already getting soak by the rain. Kai places her jacket to Mishil but they did not utter any words just simple thanks to her.

 

“Where is Mishil?” Suho asked when he found that Mishil is not with him.

“Isn’t that you are accompanying her?” Baekhyun ask too.

“Oh no. Kai is not also here.” Chanyeol said worrying too.

“Oh no. What if they’re lost in the forest?” Chen asked. Suho then hurriedly run outside and so with them.

 

 

 

“What is she like?” Mishil asked out of nowhere. Kai knows that she is referring about her.

“She’s beautiful, innocent and cheerful.” Kai said looking at the grey clouds. “She’s stupid.” He added which made Kai to smile slightly. Mishil slightly felt the jealousy as she talk about her.

“You love her that much.” She said. “But why did she left you? Is she the girl you’re talking about the party before?” She asked again. Actually it’s becoming painful again to Kai. “Do you still wait for her?”

“I never stop. I promise myself that when I saw her again I would never let her go. You know what?” he ask. “She actually came back. But I guess I’m not the one she loves anymore.” He continued. “But I never gave up so even if it hurts, I still continue. You know why?” he said when he finally look at her. “Because I love her.” Then a tear slips again at his eyes. “So even if I saw her under with other arms, I just let her. I love it when she smiles.”

I envy that girl. I don’t know but I felt that there is heavy thing pressing me down. “She promise me that even if there is no forever at least we still have each other.” He continued. Can’t you really remember me? Kai said in his mind as he look in her eyes. You are the one who promise me that. Mishil. You are the one I love. “I promise myself that she will be the one I’ll marry. That when I woke up she will be the first that I will see in the morning and the last one that I will see when I close my eyes.” Mishil didn’t know but the tear already slipped also in her eyes. “I love her. And if I just could take her away, I would. But I can’t. You know why?” Once again he ask her directly in her eyes. Kai could not tell if it is the rain or it her tears. This time Kai came closer to her. Mishil saw once again the vulnerable side of him. There is only an inch between them.

“No.” She said almost a whisper. Jongin stop. Why does it hurt me right now? Why does the question looks intended to me. She thought.

“Because she’s happy.” Mishil bit her lip because the pain is creeping in her chest as he listened and look at Kai. “But I promise myself that I will always catch her no matter what happen.”

Being with him felt ages. She thought the time had stopped. Kai is still staring at her and then not too long Suho’s voice came. “Mishil!” He exclaimed when he found her. They are both drenched in the rain. He automatically hug her. “I thought I would never find you.” He automatically places the jacket above Kai’s jacket and drag her away. “Let’s go.”

Chen and Baekhyun places a jacket also to Kai and started to pull him. “Man what’s gotten into you and you were been left out inside the forest.” Mishil look one last glance to him and she made an eye to eye contact with him before Suho totally pull her.

Kai on the other hand, also look at how Suho hugs and protect her. I promise myself that I will be the one to catch you. They are already far but he slightly can’t walk because he sprained his foot when they fell down. I promise it. If it is not too late. Or I guess I am.

 

As Mishil and Suho walked, Mishil suddenly stop. She saw something that sparkles on the ground. She picked it up and know to whom it may belong.

 

 

A/N: Oh I didn’t know that I type this for 3 hours. I think I have something that I’ve been edited out. Anyways, thank you for continuing to support on me and for your comments that inspires me. I think I’ve got a neck pain for typing too long. It’s been hard on me because I can’t remember the scenes that I need to put in this chapter. But then I made it but not all I also forgot the lines they were about to say. I actually want to double update right now but I'm too busy so I guess next week again. Kekeke!