Chapter 38

Fall For You

KAI’s POV

 

The glass I’m holding clattered on the floor but no one heard it. The room was filled by deafening clap of everybody. Their faces were filled with smiles as they say them both walk downstairs. Her black knee-length dress was swaying as she her way downstairs. The music started to sound as they reach the center. Suho placed her hand on her tiny waist and her hands were put on his shoulders. I didn’t blink as I saw my one and only love dance by Suho hyung. “Mishil. It’s me.” I said to myself as I slowly took my steps towards them. “Mishil.” I said again and this time I tried to dash forward. Just as I take another step with my hand trying to reach them, someone hold me in my shoulder. I look at Baekhyun and Sehun on my side. I saw Chanyeol walking this way too. “You see her. It’s her. She’s alive. She came back as what I expected it. She came back for me.” But the look in their faces do not look pleasingly. “I must come to her.” I saw Baekhyun shook his head.

“No.” He look at Suho and Mishil’s direction where they are still the center of attention. “Didn’t you hear what they just announce? She’s already engaged.”

“No. It must be a mistake. I need to go with her.” I said as I struggle under their arms.

“Believe it Kai hyung. He will not remember you.” Sehun said looking at me.

“Of course not. She just need to see me. How is it possible? I’m the one she love. How can you say that?” I asked him. They exchange glances to each other.

“I’m actually planning to say this to you before. I already saw her before. I was also shocked when I saw her for the first time. But she doesn’t remember me…” He trailed his words slowly before he continued. “or any of us. I don’t want to say this but maybe Mishil doesn’t remember that you love her or otherwise.”

“You didn’t tell me about it.” I said shaking my head. I look one more time in their direction. Mishil is smiling under Suho’s hand while they dance gracefully. The look of the guests envying them. But me it’s different. It is not envy that I feel. It is the rage bubbling up in my chest ready to choke me. Confusion on why Mishil is doing this to me.

“It’s because you will never understand.” They look at me apologetically. “You need to think that you’re not the only one who’s confuse here. But for now we can’t do anything.” Once the dance has finished, business conversation started again which made them to leave me for awhile. But before they leave, Chanyeol look at me but I did not return his look.

“Kai. Don’t do anything reckless. We’ll solve this if we can.”

I grabbed the wine and took another glass. I filled the glass once again and drink it in one go. I made my way outside with the wine I am holding. I sat in the little fountain where the moon reflects on the water. “How come she’s at other’s arm?” How come reaching for her is anything reckless? How come she’s engaged with someone else when I’m his boyfriend? How come she easily forget me and not notice me? Why am I need to shut myself out?” I pour again another shot but the bottle is empty. To my dismay, I throw the empty bottle and I heard the soft clatter of the bottle on the grass. I buried my face on my hand and the next thing I realized is the tears wetting my hands. “What in the world I don’t understand?”

I heard steps coming for me. But that steps stop in front of me. “I guess you need this?” I look up slowlyb and saw her smiling at me. I look at the handkerchief she’s offering me and then I look at her. Mishil.

 

 

Flashback

 

I covered her eyes as I felt her winced. Her hands then slowly took my hand and face me. “Why do you always surprise me and I’m still not use to you surprising me.”

“Why do you always made my heart flutters when you speak?” I said as I pulled her in my embrace and kiss her forhead.

“Why do I love you?” She said as I felt her fingertips graze on my chest. I pulled her more in me as I lowered my head to her hair.

“I should be the one asking that? I didn’t even like you for the first time.” She slapped my chest playfully and pulled herself away from me.

“You weren’t my first love too. So we’re even.” I pulled her once again. I hug her in her back as we both stared the city lights.

“Mm.” I said humming while my chin rested on his head. “But I want to be your last love. Would you promise to do the same?” I asked as I turned her to look at me.

I expected her to say yes but instead she silence me by kissing me on my lips. Then she pulled my face. “You know I would.”

 

End of Flashback

 

Instead of taking the handkerchief she’s offering, I grab her hand and pulled her in my arms. The feeling that I totally miss. The feeling of hugging her once again. But I never thought that this would be different than the last time. “Oh. Please…” She said whule struggling under me. But I just held her tighter on her waist and my lips barely grazing on her neck. I felt her wince and tried pushing me.

“Please don’t make this hard for me. I’ve waited for so long. I almost gave up.” I said wetting her neck because of my flowing tears. “Why are you pretending that you don’t know me?”

She pushed me hardly but my hands tighten around only around her. “I—I don’t know what you’re talking about. Maybe you’re mistaking me for someone else. Let me go.” She said. I can hear how she fear what I am doing which made my heart hurt. It is painful knowing that she doesn’t want me. That she doesn’t know me and the most painful is knowing that she doesn’t love me anymore.

They already saw us and they suddenly separated me to her. “Kai.” I still want to hold her. “Stop it.” Kyungsoo hyung told me. I look at how Suho hyung hold Mishil. I look at her at how she feared me. “I told you not to do anything reckless.” Baekhyun whispered to me. But I shook my head. My vision is starting to blur.

“Why can’t you remember me. I’m the one you love.” I said desparately.

“I think he’s drunk. Maybe you should send him home.” Suho hyung referring to me. They tried to hold my shoulder but I shrugged it away.

“We said she can’t remember us.” Baekhyun hyung said gritting his teeth.

“What? She hit her head pretty hard and got an amnesia?” I don’t care if I’m being too loud for them to hear. But I can’t define why.

This time Lay hyung and Tao hyung stand beside Mishil. “What’s happening here?” Lay hyung asked. He look at her and look at us. He suddenly look away when our eyes met.

“He’s mistaking my fiancé as his girlfriend again.” Suho answered for him.

“It’s nothing Lay oppa, Tao oppa. I think I need to rest now.” I creased my forhead when I heard her mentioned their name. Even Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were confuse as much as I do. How come she recognize Lay and Tao? Before she totally left us, I dash forward and hold her shoulder.

“You’ll remember me.” I said almost breathing to her. “Please do.” I said begging. “I love you.” I whispered as I look in her eyes for one last time before they totally pulled me away.

“Stop it Kai. You’re drunk.” Chanyeol said grabbing my shoulder. But I harshly shrugged it away.

“I’m not. I’m still in my right mind.” I wipe my tears with the back of my sleeve. Maybe I’m drunk but I know what I’m saying and I can still recognize what I’m seeing. I walk leaving them although I’m not walking straight. I felt my head becoming heavier as I took my steps and before I fell on the ground, Chanyeol catch me.

“We’ll send you home.” As soon as I enter the car, I started crying again.

 

MISHIL’s POV

 

“You’ll remember me.” He said holding my face in between his hands eventhough they are trying to pull him. “Please do.”

“Stop it Kai. You’re drunk.” The taller one said while grabbing him. As I watched him wipe his tears, I didn’t notice I became frozen in my spot. My heart thuds loudly by the sudden touch of him. It seems that part of me was torn apart. And as I watched him leave, I don’t know but I can’t help the tears rolled in my cheek. I don’t know but I suddenly felt the pain he’s going through. I don’t know who’s the girl he’s talking about and why is he saying I’m his girlfriend. But his name, I remembered it. That’s the name I saw on Monggu and Sehun, he is friend with that Kai. The same look when Sehun also saw me for the first time. The look that they really know me.

When he left, it seems that I wanted to run to him. It seems like I want to reach for him and hug him. But why am I feeling this? It is not a simple pity I am feeling. It is more than it.

Before Suho oppa saw me tearing, I hurriedly wipe the tear. “Let’s go inside. Are you okay?” I just nod my head.

Kai. I repeated in my head. At least I’ll try.

 

A/N: Troubled updating.. I’m so sorry guys. I didn’t expected this story would be this long wait. This story will already reach 1 year. I know it’s hard for you guys to wait. I’m getting more busy everyday since I’m on my last year on college. Help me gain upvotes, comments and subscribers. Thank you so much! I appreciate your support… Love you guys.