Chapter 19

Fall For You

KAI’s POV

I hold tightly to Mishil’s hand as if I don’t want to let her go. I interlaced my fingers to hers and at first, I felt she stiffen under my hands but then seconds after, her hands softens under mine.

As soon as we enter the campus, it suddenly become fast. I saw Boyun coming towards me and snatching me from Mishil. “I forgot to congratulate you baby yesterday.” She said flashing her smile which I found irritating. I was startled as Mishil pulled her hand from me. Shoot! I forgot about Boyun. Why did I put myself in this kind of situation? I was about to go after her but then Boyun’s hands snake on my neck and kiss me abruptly. It was rough and never gentle unlike the first time I kissed Mishil.

I tried to push her but then she’s just pulling me tightly to her. I was disgusted and tried to push her with all my might. I hold her waist and push her. “Yah Boyun-ah!” I said in frustration.

“Why baby? Is there something wrong?” She asked innocently.

“Don’t you call me baby? I’m not yours.” I said backing away.

“But you’re the one who approach me? Remember?” She said smirking. I really want to wipe that face of her. She hold my hand and I just jerked it away.

“I do not know what came into my mind that day. But it was all a mistake. I already have my --” I stopped. I was about to say girlfriend but I haven’t officially ask Mishil about that.

“What? Don’t you ever say girlfriend because I’m better than any other girl here in campus. Every boy was drooling at me and you’re just a lucky one to have me.”

“I guess not. There is someone who is completely different from you and who is more sane than you.” I left her dumbfounded. Her friends or her-so-called friends just laughed at her. Now I know that she has no true friends. I run the hallway to find her but I can’t find her again. I looked at my wrist watch and saw that class is about to start. “Maybe she’s inside the classroom now.”

 

MISHIL’s POV

“Are you okay?” The voice behind me said. I tried to compose myself and turned.

“Oh Tao. It’s you.” I said breathing almost hardly. I still feel dizzy. That weird wind is getting on my nerves.

“You look pale.” He said coming to me and was about to touch my face. But then I guessed he felt nothing. Only my pure coldness.

“Don’t I always?” I laughed.

“No. it’s kinda different. I mean you look sick.” He said in a worried tone.

“I don’t know too. I just felt hot wind a while ago then suddenly you came. I just become dizzy that’s all.” I smiled to lessen his worried.

“Mind me if I walk you to class right now?” He said offering his hand. I take his hand and we walked together.

Then I felt somebody walking behind me and then someone chopped our hands together to separate us. I was startled and when I turned around I saw Chanyeol and Sehun. “Yah Chanyeol oppa. Sehun oppa.”

“Why do you hold Mishil like that?” Chanyeol said glaring at Tao.

“Yeah explain. Why? You’re not Mishil’s boyfriend to do that.” Sehun also said who’s taking my waist and pulling me to him.

I did not answer and so with Tao. Speaking of boyfriend, I suddenly remember Kai. “Uh-oh.” Chanyeol said shaking his head sideways. “Are you?” He asked.

“No Mishil. Don’t say it. My heart can’t take it. I will die the moment you’ll say it.” Sehun said holding my hands tightly. Aish! This guys really.

“Ah… The truth is…” I do mind playing for a minute. “The truth is me and Tao…” I looked at Tao and saw him smirking. I looked at Chanyeol and Sehun’s face and were about to cry. Their eyes were pleading to say no. I suddenly burst out laughing while holding my stomach. “C’mmon guys. You must have seen your face. It just looked like that the sun has fallen in your face.” I still laughed while wiping the tears from laughing. Chanyeol and Sehun’s face is now unreadable. “Yah!” I said slapping their shoulders. “Of course not. We’re just walking off to class.”

“Then why does Tao holding your hand?” Chanyeol asked

“Can’t he hold my hand the way you can hold me too?” I asked as I slipped my hands in Sehun and the other one in Chanyeol’s. “I don’t think I restricted you from doing this.”

“Ah you’re right.” Sehun said in defeat.

“I guessed I’ll be going first.” Tao said waving at me then he winked. I smiled.

“Now what’s with the winking now? I saw it he winked at you.” Aish! These guys are really something.

 

The class starts and I feel really uneasy because since I’m sitting beside Kai. He stares at me like it can already hole my head with his stares. He’s not taking away his eyes off me even if I’m not looking at him, I can feel it. But I’m not giving up with that matter. I’m mad at him. Well, I think it’s my fault too for believing that he loves me. I sighed in frustration so I just let my hair fall sidewards to create a curtain between me and Kai.

“Mr. Kim are you listening?” the professor called his attention.

“Yes.” He said shortly while still looking at me.

 

The bell rings which signals for lunch break. I hurriedly picked up my things to avoid him from pulling or whatever he wanted to do to talk to him. He was about to approach me when Chanyeol and Sehun help me carry my things. Perfect timing. “Let’s eat now. I wished you would eat with us now.” Sehun said while initiating to carry my books now.

“Sehun’s right. You’ve been eating lunch with Tao now and we missed you already.”

“Ok let’s go.” I tried to run leaving them behind. Then I laughed. But the truth is I’m just trying to avoid Kai.

“Hey then wait for us.” Chanyeol said running too.

But when we already sit on our usual place in lunch. I feel so uncomfortable since I’m sitting in between Sehun and Chanyeol and across the table is Kai sitting in between D.O and Baekhyun. I can’t help to steal glances at him but then Kai never stops staring at me. I bet he really wants to explain something. But I shrugged the thought away. Whatever!

“Hey eat something.” Baekhyun nudged him. He started to eat the food. I closed my eyes to breathe. When I opened my eyes I already saw a food in my face. “Hey Mishil. Try to eat this. My mother came in our dorm and cooked us food.” He said while his arms is outstretch to feed me.

I saw Kai in my peripheral vision glaring at Chanyeol. His eyes become wide as soon as I ate the food in Chanyeol’s chopsticks. “Mmm. It’s delicious.” I saw Kai clenching his fist but who cares now?

I stood up because I could not take it. It is like Kai is already about to explode. “I’ll just buy drinks.” I said not looking at them. I walked faster even though I do not know which direction I am already taking. I can feel Kai is already following me. Shoot! Where am I supposed to go?

I walked a little bit faster and I can feel Kai is also increasing his steps. Just as I am about to run he caught my wrist. “Yah!” He said. I shoved it away and just when I’m about to turn around I saw that I’m already in the garden. There is only one exit and Kai is already blocking it.

Shoot! Now I’m trap. “Let me go. Would you?” I said trying to move in other direction to head to exit. But he held my shoulder.

“Not until you listen to me.” He said firmly as he hold me tightly because I’m wiggling under his strong arms.

“I don’t need your explanation.” Oh really Mishil? I thought you need one. Now I could not control my mind as Kai’s face is only inches from me. “Oh well, you’re confusing me actually. But now I do understand now because you already have a girlfriend.” I successfully pushed him from me. I laughed bitterly. “Why did I forgot about Boyun?”

“How did I confuse you in the first place?” he asked calmly.

“I thought…” I started to sob now no matter how I tried to control my tears. “I thought we have the same feelings.” I speak almost inaudible. “I thought you do love me.” Then a tear rolled on my cheeks. I wiped it away harshly. “But don’t worry. I’m not going to meddle with your relationships.”

I tried to head in the exit again but Kai got me again. “Listen to me first.” I tried to break from his arms but it is to strong. Then he hold me like there is no tomorrow. Part of me is happy that he’s holding me like this. “I’m not letting you go you know?”

 

 

 

“I don’t understand you.”

“Because you don’t listen to me.” He sighed. “Listen. Me and Boyun is nothing. I just go insane that day since I’m mad at you. But I know who’s the one I want.” I stop moving.

“You just saying your words again like this is a play we did.” I think the tension between us got away. I want to melt in his arms now.

“Then want me to make it real?” He smirked. I do not know what he is talking about making it real. Then suddenly I just felt his soft lips on mine. My eyes widened in shock. But then since I want to savor this moment, I gave in. I kiss him back. His hands travel on my back and landed on my waist pulling me to him more. But then I pushed him lightly.

“Don’t make me confuse again.” At first his eyebrows furrowed. But then he get what I mean. He smiled to me. Then he step away from me. I thought his leaving me already but then he got back holding flowers he just pulled from the garden.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Let me think about it.” I said getting the flowers from him. “What will you do if I reject you?”

“Then I won’t stop until you say yes. I’ll follow you until you don’t have anywhere to go. I’ll lock you in my room until you say yes. I’ll embrace you until you can’t breathe.” My eyes suddenly become wide open. He has this intention of killing me? Kekeke! But then I smiled. Kai is being possessive. “I’ll ne--”

“Okay stop.” He stopped then look at me. “Yes.” I said smiling at him. Then all of a sudden he lifts from the ground and spin me.

“I know you would say that.”

“Ei possessive much?” I laughed. Then he kissed me gain and I can feel the joy as he kiss me in my lips. Then all of a sudden I saw feather flying everywhere. It is not only one but many. Too many to catch. “Oh kai. Feathers flying everywhere.” I beamed.

“let’s get them all.” He said as he pulled me. I saw him catching all the feathers. I did the same. We laughed all the way until we can’t breathe. “Look even the heaven is in favour with us.”

 

After that incident we came back again in our lunch table. It  felt ages to be here or I think the time stop as we talk awhile ago. Whatever it is, I’m really happy right now. Kai is holding my hand tightly.

“Mishil I thought the vending machine has already eat you.” D.O said making his eyes became big again.

“I thought his secretly dating Tao right now. I was about to go after you.” Kai’s hand hold me tightly again.

“I thought so too.” Chanyeol said. “Look Kai, I saw them holding hands like that…” Chanyeol said as he points at our interlaced fingers. Baekhyun and D.O head followed. Kai look at me and about to question me. “but then since we are capable of also doing that so I think it does not matter.”

“But I also saw Tao winks at Mishil, so I think Tao and Mishil is really a couple. They are only hiding it.” I smiled unconsciously. “Look Mishil is smiling. So I think it’s true.” Kai’s eyes widened and I felt that it’s hilarious but I tried to compose myself.

“Yah could you stop?” they suddenly stop. “Mishil is now my girlfriend.” Kai said as he lift our interlaced finger. “Now don’t you ever think that Mishil is Tao’s girlfriend. Because she’s officially mine.” I heard gasps inside the canteen but who cares.

“C’mmon Kai. Drop that joke.” D.O said laughing. “Ok I know it’s funny.” Chanyeol and Sehun’s mouth is gaping open. “Mishil tell us that it’s a joke again.” Sehun said with his pleading eyes again. I looked at Kai then to them.

“It’s true.” Chanyeol and Sehun almost fell on the floor. I think Baekhyun is the only one happy about it.

“Congrats Kai.” He said happily.

After that long argument with them and when the class is finally over, I don’t think I’m feeling stressed. I’m totally happy right now. We arrive our house safely or that is what I think right now since I felt really secured with Kai around me. We ate our dinner together as we talk about lot of things. After we ate, I went to my room and took a short bath. I can’t take the smile on my face as I reminisce what happened earlier.

After my bath, Kai knocks on my door. I opened it and saw Kai’s hairs also wet. I gulped. He really looks y. “Ah what are you doing here?” I asked while brushing my hair.

“I was hoping for a goodnight kiss.” He said entering my room.

“Yah just sleep now. Would you?”

He shake his head. “No. I want a goodnight kiss from my angel. So nightmares won’t haunt me in my dreams. It would only be filled with you.” He said pulling me again. I smiled again as I bury my head on his chest. His hands patted my back. I was totally embarrass right now. Shoot! The feeling is in here. I giggled.

“Nope. Sleep now.” I laughed.

“No until I get a goodnight kiss from you. Or unless you want me to sleep with you here.” He was heading towards my bed but then I pulled him.

“Okay anything to make you stop.” He smirked.

He taps his cheek waiting for me. I sighed in defeat and kiss him. “Okay go now. Would you?”

“I love you!” He said and then stole a kiss on my lips. “Goodnight.” He suddenly go and closed my door. I smiled again.

“Such a baby.” I said. Then my windows suddenly popped open and the hot wind enters my room. “Why does I feel this weird hot wind again?” I closed the window because it’s creeping me out actually.

I saw my feathers on the bed and I smiled again remembering the moment I said yes to him. I suddenly count them. My eyes became wide open as soon as I count them. “95. My feathers is already 95.” I don’t know what to feel anymore.