Chapter 39

Fall For You

KAI’s POV

I wake up on my bed with a heavy head. I noticed that I’m still wearing my tuxedo last night. I set my feet down and the coldness of the floor suddenly hit me. As I consciously rubbed my eyes, I felt the dried tears on my cheek. Then I remember what happen last night. I went straight to my bathroom and let the water on my shower warm me. But as it drizzle on my back, I reminisce how I badly cry in front of her. As if the water sliding in my skin is like the tears I am having last night. Then something what made me sure of is that, everything has never been change like she won’t still recognize me or everything has really change like she won’t remember me. Or in the bright side maybe she will if it is not too late.

I hurriedly went downstairs only to found out that my mother has already gone for work and so with my father. But what I am really surprise is this maknae sitting on our sofa watching television. He just sits casually while his wearing his suit. This maknae never changed. Formally wearing his suit while acting the opposite. I went straight to the fridge and grab a drink. My movement earn a gasp from him. “You scared me. I thought there is someone who’s going to kill me.”

“I should be the one who should be scared. You just barge in here.” I said pouring a glass of milk and returning it in place.

“I did not just barge in here. Your mom let me in.” He said leaning near the door while he tuck his hands on his pocket.

“What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be making reports in your office?” I said putting my glass in the sink and finally looking at him. I saw him smirk at me. When was the last time I used that gesture?

“Maybe. But I am definitely into seeing someone.” He said which made me stop. He’s not probably talking about her. Is he? I suddenly remember how he didn’t tell me about her. “Mishil.” He continued.

“What about her?” I asked not looking at him and passing him to get my coat. I head up to my room to get my keys. I didn’t realize that he followed me up here.

“Don’t play dumb.”

“The last night I’m telling all of you that I’m not drunk and telling you that I’m on my right state, you--”

“Not me. I’m on your side. Since I saw that day that she’s really alive.” I didn’t answer for a while. I pulled the drawer to where I am putting my key and personal belongings and there I saw her things. The necklace and her ring that I gave to her. It is still not clear to me how all these things became so mess up. How in the world that both of us (Suho hyung) fell in love with the same person. How everything could not give us answers.

I picked up the ring and ran my hands to it. “What should I do?” I didn’t know that it went too loud for him to hear it. The question is intended for me to answer it.

“What’s your plan?” I didn’t answer him for the nth time and just headed outside. I started the engine and he took the passenger seat. “It’s not your giving up already.” He said. I look at him for just a second and headed my attention to the road.

“What am I fighting for in the first place? What if Suho hyung is really the one that he love since the beginning? Sehun I remember before that she has her first love who left him. The world does not need to confirm it to me when I saw her with him last night. All of us are puzzled. How she came back and doesn’t remember me but she knows Tao and Lay. It’s a puzzle.” I stopped my car when the traffic light turns into red.

“And you’re the missing piece.”

“It’s not easy as how you can say it casually. When she’s with us before, she always dreamed of him. Suho hyung is the missing puzzle of her and now that she is with him then it means…” I trailed my sentence looking at the window waiting for the traffic light to turn into green. “It’s complete.”

“You think so?” He stopped for a while. “It does not mean that when he is her first, he will also be her last.” He said looking at me. “Unless you want it to make it happen. Are you really just going to let go without doing something?”

“Of course not.” I said. The cars are beeping already because of the heavy traffic. “That’s not definitely not what I want. If she can’t love me, I can accept that.” I stop. Can I really do that?  “But that is if because she can’t love me for who I am but not because she can’t remember me.”

“Then why don’t you do it?” he said in a serious tone.

“You’re not persuading me to steal her from him. Aren’t you?” He laughed.

“No.” His laugh died faintly. “Although it may look like it. But you two are definitely into something that both of you don’t know who’s owning who.” He said.

“But they are engaged.” I said sadly which made me grip the wheel hardly. My knuckles are prominent. I still can’t get the fact that these happened. “And more of all, she can’t remember me. How am I supposed to bring her to the times that we still love each other?”

“Then make her remember you?”

“What if she doesn’t?”

“Everything can be reset. Everything starts from zero.” As I listened to his words, the light becomes green and then there I step on the gas pedal.

MISHIL’s POV

I drive safely to Kim’s corporation. I decided to work for Kim’s company Instead in working on our own. But not because my father don’t trust me. It is just me. I don’t want to work with my father at least not now. I don’t want others to talk trashed on me just to say that I got the position because I am his daughter. Not also with Suho oppa’s company although our company and their company and this company is now one. Same decision because I am his fiancé. So I came here without the help of them. I can prove this because I know I can.

I came in on the glass doors and then all of them bowed at me and is anticipating for my arrival. “Goodmorning Director Bae.” I smiled. As soon as they lift their head, the glass doors open again and I saw them bowed their heads. I thought they are bowing at me twice but when I look behind I saw two men on their suit. And as if my vision was tunneled, my eyes just stared at him. The one who has almost tousled hair. Kai. “CEO Jongin.” They said.

I bowed at him. He stop in front of me and as I lift my head he’s already close to me looking at me. But he quickly diverted his eyes and continue to pass on me. Sehun look at my direction and smiled sweetly. I watched him leave and watched his back distance to me. Suddenly, I felt a slight disappointment. Then someone called me. “Director Bae. I am Secretary Han Jimin. Your secretary. Um… You have to attend a meeting for this morning.” I get the papers she’s giving me. “CEO Jongin does not want everyone to be late on his meeting.” And sighed inwardly. This is going to be a really tough.

When I entered his meeting, he’s already speaking. He made a short eye contact with me and then diverted his attention again. I sit on the vacant sit and open the folder. I look at how he speak. He’s really something. I can’t believe myself that he’s the one who was drunk last night. I observed his features and I can tell that he is someone that girls would want to have. It went for too long. I just write whatever they discussed. They raised their hands. I listened. Oh my..Would these stop?

“If we want to make a good product.” He continued. “We should make it really beautiful. I mean extravagant like no other people would want to throw it.” He said. I checked on my wristwatch and saw that 2 hours has already passed. “Any suggestions Director Bae?” My eyes became wide as he called me. They look at me waiting for my answer. I blinked my eyes twice scanning them one by one. Then I finally look at him.

“Um… Maybe. But--” I stop. I sound lame and ignorant. I cleared my throat and use my voice as if I’m having full of authority. I get the pen and act like I’m trained. I look at him as I answered.”But I think simple but really remarkable would be good or so I say much better than the word extravagant.” He look at me seriously and I return his look with my one eyebrow up.

“You’re opposing my suggestion of extravagant.” That’s definitely a statement although it may seem like a question.

“Not that as it may seem so.” I saw his eyebrows creased. “But when you say extravagant, it may also seems risking a lot of money to produce that product. Sometimes people would grab that opportunity but once they bought it and use it, they would easily forget what a beautiful thing is. I mean people do not have satisfaction. Their taste suddenly change.” I saw many people inside the meeting nod their heads. “But if we make something that is really simple but would make it really remarkable, even time has passed they will not forget it.” I saw him smile but not because of approving to it but definitely something like it has meaning or definitely a bitter one.

“Like when they use it, they will remember how happy they are when they use it again?” He asked. I don’t know if what we are still talking is about the product we still want to make because it sounds like something else. I was astounded that I could not speak. I could not pick the right words even if I know what I wanted to say. I was about to open my mouth when he speak again. “We went for too long. I guess we will have our next meeting tomorrow.” He said and then they started to gather their things. As I was about to make my outside, he called me. “Mishil-ssi. Please stay for a while.”

 

I look at them one by one leave the room and then when I move my face he’s already close in my face almost trapping me at the table. “You should not say words you can’t make.” I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Who are you to say I can’t make it?” I raised my chin at him which made it closer to his face. He smirk at me. Then I feel it is really awkward so I tried to step backward but I remember my is hitting the table so it’s useless.

“Can you?” he asked me again putting his hands on the table almost sandwiching me. He look at me intently which made me stare at his brown eyes.

“O-of course.” I stuttered and so I cleared my throat again to make myself look not intimidated. “It does not mean when I’m new here means I don’t know anything and can’t make anything.” I push him with my finger which earn a movement from me closing the distance with him. Then he smiled. He suddenly back away.

“Want to go with me today?” He asked.

Then I decided to go with him. He take me to the nearest park. I saw how the sun shines brightly. He walked and I just followed him behind. We are lingering here for already a minute but none of us is tired. He suddenly stop and look at me. “We are already outside the building so you may call me casually now.” He stop again and then continued. “And walk by my side.” But I did not move an inch. Then he clicked his tongue. Then he grab me by my wrist. “I said walk by my side. Stupid.” I heard him muttered.

“Yah! Dumb Jongin!” I fought back. “I’m not stupid.”I don’t know but it earned a laugh from him.

“Yes you are. You can actually call me Kai.” He said when we started walking again.

“I don’t want to get fired here.”

“You won’t because I’m the one who’s hiring and firing here. I’m the CEO.”

“CEO Jongin.”

“I said call me Kai.” He said firmly.

“Jongin.”

“I said Kai.”

“Jongin.” I still fought back while I look at him trying to persuade me with his Kai. He suddenly stop and smirk once again. That smirk is kindly irritating. “Jo--”

“Call me Jongin and I’m kissing you.” Then that made me stop.

“Kai then.” I said tearing my eyes off him and walk away with him. But to my dismay, my heel get stuck on the hole losing my balance. But before I landed on the ground he was able to catch me. But because I’m still pissed with what he told me about kissing, I struggled to get away with his arms. “What does he think of me? An easy girl?” I said to myself lowly even if I don’t care if he heard it or not. I heard him smirk. “I don’t need you.” Just as I finish my words, my heel got stuck again and losing my balance again which made him to catch me again. But this time, it is much closer than the first one. For the second or the third time since the first time is when I was on the party last night, I look at his brown eyes. I want to admit that it is really captivating like there is a magnet pulling you to stare at him more. I thought it only happens in a movie.

“Just tell me if you want me to catch you everyday.” He said smiling. Then back at his boastful side again. I push him away and rolled my eyes at him.

“I said I don’t need you” I said raising my eyebrow again. “You basically don’t need to say it to me whether it happen for the third time because I’m going to do it or catch you because myself told me so.” His words has really something to it. Like when he spoke, it is not the literal meaning of it but something deeper.

“I’m not going to fall on you again.” I did not realize that his hands is still on my waist. Didn’t I push him hard?

“Really?” He smirk for the nth time. Does this person really don’t smile but just smirk? “I said don’t say something you can’t make.” Again, something deeper.

“I said I’m not going to fall on you again.” He slowly let his hands fall and look the other side.

“Trust me.” He said. Then he return his eyes at me again. “I can.” Just as he said those words, Suho oppa and Sehun oppa came. I finally take my leave as Suho oppa automatically take my waist. He excuse me for this day and when Kai approved, he waved goodbye to Kai and only Sehun oppa is left with him.

For the nth time, his words has deeper meaning.

 

KAI’s POV

“How is it?” Sehun asked as he pat my back. “I heard what happen on the meeting room.” He said.

“She’s definitely not the Mishil we used to be with.” I tucked my hands on my pocket. “I mean she’s not the innocent and soft one we knew before. She’s back with a stronger personality.”

“Really? Then, I can’t wait to be close with her again.” Sehun said with a smile.

Trust me. I can. I remember saying those words. I watched them leave. I saw Suho opening the car for her. They left giving me a beep sound. It is only a while ago when I realized what Sehun had said about starting from starting to zero. If the world could not really make her remember me then I will start again.

Starting a new one, like introducing myself as Kai again, make friends with her and definitely…

Making her fall for me again.

 

 

A/N: EXAMS ARE OVER!!!! At least for now. SUSBSCRIBE AND PUT A LOT OF COMMENTS!!!!