Chapter 26

Fall For You

AUTHOR’s POV

“I don’t know why we still need to put a mask.” Chanyeol said fitting the mask one by one on his face and then returning it when he didn’t like it.

“Because it’s a masquerade event.” D.O said buttoning his tuxedo in front of the mirror.

“No what I mean is why do we need to cover our face? Why don’t we just show our face?” Chanyeol said irritated.

“Because it’s a masquerade event. If we will not put a mask then it’s not a masquerade event.” Do said casually.

“No what I mean is – Ugh!” Chanyeol heaved a deep sigh. This guy doesn’t really understand my logic.

“To make a surprise event for Kai. So she won’t recognize Mishil at once.” Baekhyun said turning the page of his book on his bed. “Or it is just Suho hyung is really old to date back the Romeo and Juliet era. But then I bet all the heads of the ambassadors there will turn to look at Mishil to see how astonishing she is later.”

“Do you think Kai will like it when men starts to approach Mishil?” Chanyeol asked.

“Of course not. But that’s the purpose…” Baekhyun said getting up from his bed and taking his tuxedo. “To make Kai jealous.” Then he suddenly giggled. “We even hired some of our schoolmates to approach Mishil later and tell them to ask Mishil to dance later.”

“Who would bribe them then?” D.O said.

“Me.” Sehun popped up nowhere. Sehun suddenly glared at Baekhyun.

 

Flashback

“Aish!! What kind of dorm am I living? This dorm is full of waste. I should have stayed in my place rather than here.” Baekhyun said while sweeping the floor. He suddenly look under Sehun’s bed and found something. His eyes suddenly widen from the magazine he was holding. “I don’t know that Sehun is reading something like this.”

“Aish! I left my --” Sehu’s words was suddenly cut at the sight of Baekhyun. “Hy-Hyung.” He suddenly looked away. “I’ll go ahead.” But then baekhyun was fast and grabbed sehun’s arm.

“Aha!! So you’re reading this. I’ll tell Mr. Oh that you’re reading some stuffs like this.”

“No! I—I’’m not re-reading something like that. I—it’s just t—that my classmate told me to keep t—that.” Sehun said stuttering.

“Not a good liar.” Baekhyun is heading outside holding the magazines but then he was suddenly pulled by Sehun.

“yah! Don’t tell them!” Sehun plead. Then Baekhyun smirked.

“Ok. But you need to do something for me.”

“What?”

 

They were standing near the cafeteria waiting for someone. Baekhyun pace back and forth as they wait patiently. 20 minutes had passed still no one is coming. They went inside and order a cup of coffee. “Hyung does that someone you talked to really exist? Cause we’ve been waiting here for almost 30 minutes.” Sehun said standing while putting his scarf on his neck. “I’m leaving now.”

“Aish! Yah Sehun-ah!” Baekhyun said pulling the scarf.

“Yah hyung. Can’t breathe.” Sehun said pulling it too.

“I’ll make sure that Mr. Oh caught you reading that magazine.” Baekhyun threatened.

“Aish! I don’t care. I’m sure Appa read that kind of magazine when he was on our age. Yah hyung let go of the scarf.”

“C’mmon let’s just wait for another minute and then I swear we’ll go if they don’t come today.” Baekhyun pleads still pulling his scarf.

“No wait for yourself.” Sehun glared. Then the chime hanging on the door made a sound as group of boys enters. Baekhyun smiled as Sehun just drop his jaw staring at them. “What are they doing here?”

“They are the ones we are waiting.” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrow.

“What are you going to do with those kingkas in our school? Don’t tell you become gay be--” Sehun was suddenly hit by Baekhyun.

“Aish! Pabo-yah! If we need a good match for Mishil, it should meet the standards of Kai in our school. We need someone who is good-looking, smirk-killer, y, hot…” Sehun rolled his eye. This hyung is really gay. He thought.

“And bad . Get it.” Sehun said rolling his eye. After all those conversations about making Kai jealous, they take the money from Sehun and leave. “I can’t believe my 100,000 won just flew away like that.” He said looking at his now battered wallet.

“Don’t worry, we did it for Mishil and Kai.” Baekhyun pat his shoulder who is now about to cry.

“Why don’t we just use ourself? I think we are more handsome than those you hired. We are also school’s kingkas right?” this time it’ Baekhyun’s turn to roll his eyes.

“Do you think kai will get jealous if we are the one who approach Mishil. He’ll just thought we are comforting her.”

“then how will Kai recognize it’s Mishil with her mask?” Sehun asked. Baekhyun rolled his eyes again for the second time.

“When someone loves a person, he can recognize all the features of the one he loves. The shape of her face, her size even her back.”

 

End of Flashback

 

Mishil wear the dress that they bought yesterday. She doesn’t really plan for that event but something is urging her to do so. It’s already four consecutive days without text messages and calls or maybe it is their pride that halting them to do so. Both of them are waiting to do the first move. But neither of them did her phone suddenly rings, she thought it came from Kai. She smiled running to her phone to answer it. But then when she saw that Kai’s name did not appear from the screen and it is just from unknown number, she ended it. She just keep her phone on her clutch bag.

She turned to look in the mirror and stared at her reflection. If Kai is only here, he is probably the first one who will compliment her. Suddenly the doorbell sound. She run through the door and opened it. He saw Tao on his tuxedo and she need to admit to herself that Tao looks amazing here. “Wow! Where is the bad boy Tao I knew from our school?”

Tao just smiled shyly while holding the back of his neck. He, too, was amazed to see Mishil even if that this is the second time he saw her wearing this. The first time is on the dress shop. But the night compliments her aura and the dress her wearing. She is too exceptionally beautiful without her make-up on. His heart thud just on the sight of Mishil. “Shall we?” tao said taking the hand of Mishil.

She gladly take it and rode his car. “Well, this is the first time I’ll rode your car. I missed riding with your motorcycle. Well, we can do that often since it is already December break.” She smiled. She turned to look on Tao who is driving and she can’t help to think that if Tao is the one who became her boyfriend, will he also accept that she need to return in heaven? She sighed and turn to look on the window.

At last, they have arrived on the Kim’s mansion. Mishil never thought it is that big. It almost look like a palace to her. But still she doesn’t know what to in here. “Tao what kind of party is this really?”

“Well’ it’s actually a welcoming business event.” Mishil widened her eyes from Tao’s words.

“Then why am I here? I don’t know anything in business.” Mishil suddenly back away and head towards Tao’s car. “Yah oppa! Take me home.” But Tao suddenly grab her from her waist and pulled her.

“Don’t be scared. This is something you’ll never forget. You’ll thank us later.” Tao winked at her.

“Us? How many are you?” Mishil asked then Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and D.O came.

“Mishil you actually came.” D.O exclaimed.

“I bet that someone would be dragging me here if I chose not to come.” She looked meaningfully to Baekhyun.

“it is good that you know.” Baekhyun smiled and pat her head. “let’s go inside.” They all went inside and there is Kai talking to Luhan and Suho. All of the bigger business holder are here. The Zhang’s, Xi’s, Oh’s, Huang’s, Byun’s and Do’s. Mishil never thought that their family is that rich. As what she thought in school, they are just simple boys that girls are drooling but then she didn’t know that they have bigger reputation to hold in. what else she didn’t know about them. She never know that she was left alone in the middle since that everybody have someone to talked to. I knew it is really bad to be here. She thought. She lowered her head and about to go outside when someone approach her. “Hi!” the boy smiled. She also smiled warmly. “Why are you alone here?”

“Well, I’m actually with Tao and his friends but I think they have some important business to do that’s why I’m left alone.” She bit her lip where the boy think it’s cute.

“A pretty lady should not be alone here.” He smiled. Mishil looked away embarrassed. It’s a good thing she doesn’t blush. “By the way I’m Jaeho.”

“I’m Mishil.”

At the other side, Suho left Luhan and Kai talking. Kai is laughing when Luhan told his experience the first time he went on Seoul. Then suddenly Baekhyun and Chanyeol popped out of nowhere to do their role. “Hey Kai.” Baekhyun said slapping his shoulder. “You okay man?” Chanyeol said also speaking.

Kai raised his eyebrow sensing that these two are weird. Baekhyun and Cahnyeol don’t know what to do to make Kai look at Mishil’s direction. Sweats are starting to drop on their face. “Hey try to loosened up.” Baekhyun said fixing Kai’s necktie. “Don’t you think that girl over there is pretty.” Baekhyun said referring to Mishil. But Kai just rolled his eyes not taking a look and interest on the girl.

“Isn’t that Mishil?” Luhan said who take a notice first. Kai then swiftly look at them and saw Jaeho and Mishil. He clearly saw how those two laughed and smile all the way. He gripped the glass he’s holding firmly. Chanyeol saw how Kai is really jealous and furious from what he is seeing. But Kai who’s holding his pride didn’t bother to bother it. He just leave and Suho’s parents came to approach him.

“Aish! I didn’t plan everything to make this a failure.” Baekhyun groan in frustration.

“Well, it is hard to take down Kai’s walls.” Chanyeol said. “If Kai doesn’t really make up with Mishil. I’ll be the one who’ll take Mishil.”

“Aish! You’re not helping.” Baekhyun said. But deep inside Kai is burning. He really want to pull Mishil from whoever that is. Even if he was talking to Suho’s parents. He can’t help to glance at their direction and to check them every second. He felt relief when Jaeho left her in a minute. He smiled. He promised to approach her later after he talked with Suho’s parents. But not long after when it is Suho’s turn to approach Mishil and ask her to dance. His eyes widened when she saw that Mishil said yes.

 

“Hi. I’m Suho. Why are you alone here?” Mishil eyes widened when he said his name.

“Oh. So you’re the son of this event? I heard your name mentioned earlier.” She bowed 90o which make Suho chuckled. “No need to be formal. So you’re name is Mishil.” Suho asked referring to her necklace. She just nod her head. “Mind if I ask you to dance with me?” Mishil take his warm hand. She thought that it would be rude if she disagree. So they dance. All the heads on the event came to look at them even baekhyun, chanyeol, Sehun and Luhan. Most of all Kai. He can’t take it anymore so he decided to approach them now. “You’re too beautiful tonight. Can I take a look at your face?” Suho asked wanted to lift the mask covering her. But then suddenly someone pulled her from her waist. She turned to look and she saw Kai beside her. “Hyung she is my girlfriend. So you already meet her.” The feeling for Mishil is good. He misses how Kai touched her and owned her like that.

“Oh well then you’re girlfriend is really beautiful. Take care of her.” Then Suho left the two of them.

“Oh! If I just knew that Kai would be jealous at Suho from the very start I wished I didn’t agree to Baekhyun to hire somebody.” Sehun said glaring at Baekhyun.

 

 

 

Kai pulled Mishil outside and the place is really romantic. The place where the can see the night sky. The stars shine and the moon lits above them. They do not know if it is just the night or it is the feeling they are holding in that;s why it looks loveable. They did not utter any word. Mishil keep lowering his head but then Kai is staring at her intently.

Then suddenly Kai pulled her waist towards him and then he kissed her forehead. He hugs her tightly and muttered. “I miss you.” Mishil closed her eyes and slowly hug him too.

“I miss you too. It is lonely without you. Every day I was hoping that everything would turn out fine.”

Then Baekhyun, Sehun. D.O, Chanyeol and even Lay, who doesn’t want to interrupt the moment climbed up the big oak tree and started to eavesdropped their moment. “I’ve been waiting for this.” Baekhyun whispered. Lay bring out his harmonica and started to play some romantic music.

“I’m sorry.” Kai muttered huskily and kissing her eyes where a tear threatens to drop at her eyes. “I promise that I will not leave you again.” Then he remembers the ring Suho bought yesterday. He knew it is right to bring it. The ring sparkle as the moon lit it. He slipped the ring on his finger and the other one on Mishil’s finger. “This is just a ring. It may slip, it may be lost, it may be stolen, it may be broken but not my love for you. I promise to love you always no matter how the time keeps separating us.” He interlaced his finger with her and pulled her in his chest.

“I promise not to catch the last feather and live with you always.” Kai smiled unknowingly. He thought that is also the best idea.

"I promise to be with you forever." He said but then suddenly shushed her.

"Don't say the word forever. it is just a word. I promise to love as long as we still have each other." She said. He look at her again and kiss her forhead, then her eyes, then sliding to her cheek and then at the corner of her lips and then slowly nibbling her lips. Then he smiled before finally claiming her lips. He kissed her passionately as Mishil also respond to his kisses and finally putting her hand on his neck. How they miss this moment together. Even baekhyun can’t help to cry at the scene. How he was glad that they finally reconcile.

“Wait. I want to see it too.” Chanyeol muttered angrily. “Move!” he said to D.O.

“I can’t we’re going to fall.” D.O said pushing him too.

“Guys stop it we’re shaking.” Then all of a sudden the branch fall off making them interrupt the kisses Mishil and Kai were sharing.

“Look what you have done. We promise not to disturb them right?” Baekhyun said frustrated.

But what can they do? Both of them were happy. Their friends are happy. From all the people who witness them from the mansion, they looked loveable. Some are happy and pleased for them but some also envies them. Some are contented and some can’t help to misses someone in their life too.

 

Is it enough not to catch the last feather to make this forever and always?

 

 

A/N: Hi guys! Thank you for patiently waiting. I think this is long enough for the days I haven’t updated. I’ll not be posting author’s note for the following chapters. So it’s December break now. Happy vacation!!! Please continue to put comments, even letters (kekeke), SUBSCRIBE AND UPVOTE!!!