Chapter 37

Fall For You

MISHIL’s POV

 

“It doesn’t mean when you think of it means you feel it too. Do you still love Suho hyung?”

“No.”

“Then why are you still planning to be with him, if your answer is no?”

“Because I know it’s right.”

“I don’t think it is right when I know you’re not happy.” He said looking at me with the same concern with Lay oppa’s eyes.

“Because I belong to him.” That’s what Lay oppa said to me that day when I was confined in the hospital. That is why I know it’s right. “Why do I think that you and Lay oppa does not have the same decision?”

His eyes became big when I mentioned Lay oppa’s name. “But--” This time I already cut what Tao oppa is trying to say to me. He is discouraging to go with Suho oppa when he knows Suho will not do the same thing again.

“C’mmon oppa. If you think Suho oppa will do the same mistake again, let me assure you that it’s not. Maybe I don’t have the same feeling again when I woke up. But maybe I can start again. If it is not right that I’m not that happy…” I trailed my words for a moment picking the right words to say. “Well, I don’t think it is wrong either to love him again. Most of all, Suho is the only one I could call my own since then. Unless…” I look at him with my teasing eyes to make this as a joke. “You like me too and you wanted to marry me?” I stifled a laugh. But the look in his eyes as he did not met mine says the opposite.

“Not me.” He finally stand and look at me for one last time. He took my hand and drove me to our mansion. I waved goodbye to him but his words still twists my mind.

 

I look at the ring that Suho oppa gave to me. I suddenly remember my mother’s words to me. ‘You are not loving a person because it is only right but because you feel it too. That’s why we did not set you for an arrange marriage.’ Is choosing Suho the right thing to do?

“I can still learn to love him right?” I said talking with a stuff toy. “I did love him in the start before so I don’t think it’s wrong. But why does Tao oppa’s words mean that there is someone else?”

With a heavy head, I decided to go to sleep to get some rest because I know tomorrow will be another day again and more of all, tomorrow will be the day that Suho oppa will announce our engagement to the ambassadors, investors and his friends. Thinking of those, I did not realize that I have drifted to sleep.

 

BAEKHYUN’s POV

 

“Hyung where are you going?” Sehun asked looking at him from top to bottom. “You look too handsome this early morning. You’re not usually like this. You--” He cut his words as he check me again. I combed my slick hair and fix my collar. This time I pulled up my sleeves a little bit then I heard him snap his fingers as he smiled at me with those evil look. “Aha! You and Boyun are going to have a date!” he said not even asking me first. “I’m right. I’m totally right this time.”

“What makes you say that?” I said smirking while putting my sneakers. “Don’t you have work this time? Aren’t you late now?”

He return my smirk. “You’re changing the topic. Aren’t you? Ei I know you. I even know when you excuse yourself to talk to her on the phone. So is she officially yours now?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” I grabbed my purse and put it on my back pocket and passed him outside the room.

“Congrats.” He said smiling “At least she’s happy now.” He said patting my shoulder. I smiled unconsciously. “I’m going now. I still need to drop by on Kai’s office. Goodbye now and goodluck again.” We both head outside with those smiling faces.

I finally made my way to my car and drove safely to the mall we’ve been agreed to meet. Sehun’s right. I and Boyun have been dating for almost a month now and I’m really happy to see that she is smiling now. All of the thoughts I’ve been thinking about her before when we are still seniors on our school has been changed. Because she totally changed herself now. I parked my car and make my way to the mall. Just when I’m about to reach the place, my phone suddenly rings. I took my phone out and saw the caller ID from Boyun. I smiled. I answered my phone and heard her soft voice.

“Oppa. Where are you?” Just as she asks me that question, I saw her back at out meeting place. She then took her sit and look sidewards probably looking for me.

“I’m here.” I increased my pace and finally able to stand behind her. “behind you.” She abruptly stand and look at me. “Am I that late?” I said flashing my smile.

“No. You just came on time.”

“Shall we?” I said leading the way. She slowly hook her arms with mine. I look the opposing side to hide my smile and cheeks which is turning red. “What do you want to eat?”

“Anything oppa. But then I’m craving to eat ice cream since I’m feeling hot this time.” She shyly look the other side too. I take her to the nearest ice cream shop and treat her. She smiled taking her ice cream. Her lips slowly bit the tip of the ice cream. Her bangs fall above her forehead blocking her view but she still eat her ice cream. I brush her bangs away and tuck it behind her ears. I smiled when her eyes met mine.

“Better? I’m afraid that your hair would also have a flavour.”

She smiled towards my words and I saw the tint of red in her cheeks. “Thanks.” After she ate the ice cream, I take her to the restaurant. We even went to many dress shops but I did not feel any signs of tired. Both of us has our smiles plastered on our face. “Oppa. I’m just going to the rest room.” I nod my head and wait for her.  I look at her going inside the restroom and when I turn my head sideward, I saw Suho and…

“Mishil?” Sehun’s right. She’s alive. I hurriedly went to them and I can’t believe myself that she is right of me. “Suho hyung.”

“Oh Baekhyun. Why are you here?” I saw Mishil holding on Suho’s arm and smiling at me. Sehun is also right. She is still beautiful as before. But maybe this isn’t Mishil. How in the world they are together?

“I’m waiting for someone else.” I said not tearing my eyes off her. “Who is this beautiful lady beside you? Why didn’t you introduce her to us?”

“I’m sorry but she’s been comatose for more than 2 years and she has just woken up from her sleep. I didn’t get the chance to introduce to her before because we we’re too busy.” He said taking her right hand on him. “But I’m now introducing you…” he said trailing his words. I get nervous by the situation because I know something’s not right. Even her expression is saying that something is wrong. “My fiancé.” My mouth automatically gaped open. There are no words escape my mouth. But her words made me shocked than the first one.

“I’m Mishil.” She said. She smiled but not the genuine one I knew before. Impossible. This can’t be even happening. How? Kai and Mishil. I realized what Sehun’s feeling is when she saw her. He’s right. How in the Earth does she know Suho hyung but cannot even recognize us?

“By the way. We we’re holding a party tonight in our mansion. Tell it to them. I’ve already given them a text but you may remind them.” He said smiling. “We’re going to take our leave now because we still have many things to do. Hope we can see you tonight.” I tried to give my best smile but I couldn’t. things made me confuse. I look at them one last time and saw how the ring sparkles on his finger. The ring that is different from Kai. She’s been comatose for 2 years. Those years that we had also met Mishil for the first time. How? This time Boyun came now but I can’t even help to smile.

 

SEHUN’s POV

 

I hurriedly went to Kai’s office. I actually don’t have business with him. I just wanted to distract him since my father does not trust me 100% on his company. I’m also planning whether to tell her about Mishil. But they said I should keep it to him. I don’t know why but I know Kai would be happy if he knows she’s alive. Not so long, I received a text from Suho saying about the party on his mansion. I get relieved when I knew that it will not be the masquerade event he held before.

I opened the door of kai’s office which made Kai winced. “Why can’t you enter this room properly.”

“Sorry. I do not mean it. By the way, Suho hyung texted me about the party on his mansion tonight. Have you received it?”

“Yes. Don’t worry I’m going. Since you’re here, Can you give this to my father? Please say I don’t have time to read those.” I took the folder on his hands and made my way to his father’s office.

Along walking the hallway, someone who has pile of folders accidentally bumped me which made her things fell on the floor. The papers have been scattered so I help her pick it up. As I was picking it up, I saw one thing. “Bae Mishil.” I said to myself while looking at her profile. “Mishil. The new director?” I did not realize that my voice went loud. I can’t believe it. The news I heard is Suho’s company will be merge to President Bae Jungho’s company. “Oh shoot! Why didn’t I think about it? Is Mishil somewhat related to President Bae?” I said asking a little too loud again. This time the lady snatch those papers on my hand and answer what I am asking.

“Yes sir. They are related because Miss Mishil is the only daughter of President Bae Jungho.”

“And Mishil would be the new director of this company?” I ask in disbelief.

“Yes. Since the Kim’s are already merged and soon will be merging to Presidnt Jungho’s company so--.”

“I don’t get it. Why will they be merge to them?” the lady flips his hair with her rolling eyes.

“Because Suho-ssi will marry Miss Mishil. Infact, they will held an engagement party tonight at their mansion. I don’t know but I can’t believe that Suho will never be mine now. I just thought--” I did not finish what that lady is saying. What is important and really surprising is that Mishil is the girlfriend of Suho and they are engaged. Oh no! When I thought everything would be okay now when Mishil is here, once again I’m wrong. This is a problem. How about Kai?

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone rings. I hurriedly ansered it when I saw Baekhyun hyung is the one who is calling. “Hyung!” I said without any greetings from me. “I need to tell you something important.”

“Me too. What I am going to say is also important.” I heard on the other line. I went to a private place before continuing. Kai might hear what we are saying. “I saw Mishil today. He is with Suho. But the news about them--”

“I know. I just found out today. This is definitely a problem. Kai hyung should not attend the party. He should not see Mishil. He would be hurt.”

“But Kai need to be there. He is definitely important to the company. We should also attend there. We need to stop Kai from seeing her.” He said with so much exasperation. This can’t be happening. Not that we want Kai to be separated with her but we know he would not be able to handle this situation. This is not the right time for him to see Mishil.

 

KAI’s POV

 

I wear my black tuxedo and combed my hair. I look at the mirror and finally headed towards my car. This night suddenly reminds me the night I had given the ring to her. How I decided to dance her. How I saw her beauty under the moonlight. How we promised to love each other always. I do miss it.

I tried opening my heart before but it’s useless because I can’t still get over with her. I’m hoping to see her once again or maybe even if that’s too impossible to happen, I swear to heavens that I will not love somebody else.

I park my car and saw that their car were already park here. I locked it and made my way inside. I never liked many events like this. But because my family were born to do these, I was also required to do the same thing. I hate many people and attentions. Because not all people inside are sincere enough and because someone are faking it. I greeted those who greets me. I bowed to those respectful ambassadors and investors. Just as I turned around, I saw Sehun and Baekhyun hyung heading this way.

“Kai you’re here. You’re early.” I saw Baekhyun hyung sweating a lot.

“Am I? I don’t think so. Everybody’s here now.”

“Let’s drink outside.” Sehun blurted out of nowehere.

“You guys are acting weird again. The same thing when Suho held an event on his mansion…” I stopped. It’s not the time to reminisce those times. I cleared my throat. I went to the glass of wines on the table.

“How about we make him drunk?” I heard Sehun said to hyung. But I did not mind it since that they are not on themselves. I think they are drunk than me. I shot the first glass burning my throat. “let me pour that one for you.” Just as he was pouring the wine over my glass, their father came towards us and excuse them.

“Oh Jongin you’re here.” I smiled to President Oh. “Your father is really proud of you for running your company successfully. Good job Jongin.”

“Oh Thank you President Oh.” He pats Sehun’s shoulder and drag them towards to many visitors and so with Baekhyun.

“But Appa--” His father cut him and just drag him. “No Kai--” I shook my head while smiling to them. I took a slow sip on my wine. I’m actually not paying attention to many people because this is not my thing. I just agreed to my father because I don’t want to fail him. The second one is because Suho is expecting us to be here. I took another sip and that is when I heard the mic being pick by Suho. He did a short mic test and everyone turn their attention to him.

“Thank you for all of you being here on this important event.” Suho started. Everyone clapped their hands. I drink the remaining wine on my glass and pour another one. I sip once again not giving attention to others. “I’m here to announce an important thing to all of you. By waiting for many years. Finally this time has come. I want to introduce to all of you, my fiancé and the new director of the merging company Of Kim’s and Bae’s family.” The sound of the surname made me stop. “Miss Bae Mishil.”

I saw her enticing smile as she made her way on the stairs. Her eyes, nose, the lips I know. It’s definitely her. She take Suho’s hand as she made her way. I saw her looking at the audience one by one and as she finally look in my eyes, I dropped the wine I’m holding. It can’t be. “Mishil.”

 

A/N: Dear readers… Please keep upvoting and commenting. Thank you! Short author note. My fingers are starting to hurt. Sorry if there are grammars that are wrong. I was too tired to check it now.