Tao

Kai from the Sky

Ultra short update. Sorry waah so busy T_T But don't worry, the story's pace will pick up soon!^^


 

I really wanted the job. So I feel bad that I didn't get it.

I walked out of Mr. Bang's office as I sulked. Well, everything happens for a reason, they say. Perhaps I'm not meant to work here.

As I approached my table, I saw a very tall boy with inky hair. He was wearing the cafe's uniform and in his hand was my book. I didn't know how to react to the situation so I just stood in front him waiting. He must have sensed my presence because he looked up, and those eyes are the most piercing ones I have ever seen. It was almost scary, but he smiled.

"Oh, hi. Is this your book? I just picked it up because it fell on my foot" he chuckled sweetly, which did not match his image.

"Uh, thank you" I replied as I retrieved the book from him.

"I haven't seen you here before" he continued the conversation.

"That's because I just came here to ap--"

"I'm Tao" he smiled again, dazzling, as he reached out his hand.

I shook it and nodded.

"So what's the pretty lady's name? Can I have it?" he asked.

Pretty lady? Where?

"You have your own stupid name" someone replied.

"Kris?!" I gasped and he just raised his brows in acknowledgement.

"I'm sorry but I'm trying to have a nice chat with--" Tao said.

"Go talk to your hand. Nice chat or you just want her money?" Kris scoffed.

I looked at both of them in disbelief.

"What's happening here? And you," I pointed at Kris, "why do you keep appearing out of thin air?"

"What do you mean her money?" Tao clutched his chest as if he was offended.

Kris snickered at him and started pulling at my wrist.

"Let's go."