Emotions

Kai from the Sky

"Apologize to Haneul."

 

"I don't owe anyone an apology" Kris replied, brushing off Kai's hand from his shoulder.

 

"You are in her house yet you pull off such an arrogant attitude towards her" Kai said.

 

"Oh, are we talking about my attitude in here? If you don't like it, then your problem, not mine" Kris scoffed as he turned to leave.

 

"If everyone thinks as you do, the world will be a really horrible place to live in. Full of people who couldn't care less about how their actions affect others. Like you" Kai answered.

 

Kris stopped in his tracks and snickered. "You know what, kid? Shut your trap. This issue is between me and Chanyeol. And Haneul. So stay out of the way."

 

"Guys, would you please stop this? It's not going to lead to anything good" I said when I finally could not take the tension that was building up.

 

"Who started it anyway?" Kris shot.

 

"You did!" Kai replied, "you said hurtful words towards Haneul."

 

"No, you did" Kris said as he inched towards Kai, "because you're trying to play hero in here."

 

The stare that Kai was giving him was frightening. Both of them were equally angry and I had no idea why it all started anyway.

 

"Apologize to Haneul" Kai repeated.

 

"Guess what? No. Because actually, you're the one who started all of these! You and your stupid wish!" Kris turned to me.

 

"W-what wish?!" I stepped back in surprise at the sudden lashing out. Kai seemed to get lost in the context. He doesn't know about my notebook.

 

"Don't pretend to be so innocent. I found out what you wrote in the notebook the day you knew that Yejin and Chanyeol were together," he ruffled his hair in exasperation and gritted his teeth, "That's the root cause of all these problems! Just because you are one pathetic, hopeless, lovesick, and desperate bi--"

 

Kris wasn't able to finish once Kai's fist met his jaw.

 

"Don't call her that" Kai was able to speak through clenched teeth before vanishing from sight.

 

"No...no! What did you do? Why did you make him angry?!" I yelled as I scrambled to the spot where Kai was standing just a split second ago.

 

"How could I have not noticed it the first time?" Kris mumbled with a blank expression despite his bleeding lip, "so that's his curse!"

 

"What are you muttering over there? You babo! I already told you that he can't have extreme emotions because it triggers his teleportation. If he gets into a highway again and runs into an accident I swear I'll kick you in the...ugh! I hate you, Kris!" I rambled as I bobbed my head from left to right to the back and to the front, searching for signs of Kai's return.

 

"But this kind of curse...oh no. I need to clarify this with Suho..." Kris whispered before dashing out the door.

 

"Wait, where are you going?!" I ran after him, but was faced with nothing. Where's Chanyeol?

 

I looked up to the sky and found a flying figure -- Kris. So that punk caused so much trouble and just flies away to escape? Aish.

 

But wait, aren't there TWO people flying?

 

Nah. It must be my vision fooling me. After all, my eyes were already getting blurry. I didn't even notice the tears that were beginning to pool.

 

Tears that worry about where Kai might be right now.