Stranger

Kai from the Sky

 

Happy happy birthday to my dearest baby boy with the rectangular smile~ ♥ #HappyBaekhyunDay


 

"Thank you for coming!" I chimed as the last customer left the cafe.

 

"Finall--" I turned back to grin at Chen, but realized he wasn't there. My eyes found him at the other end of the room, talking to Mr. Bang. The manager had a heavy look on his face. Chen is a really good crew member. Always on time, always making jokes, and always willing to help others out.

 

"Kris isn't fetching you tonight?" Tao suddenly asked as I piled the mugs from the used tables.

 

"Yeah we uh, we're kind of not in good terms right now" I shrugged.

 

"Are you sure you guys aren't together? I mean, why else would he fetch you every single night just to make sure you're safe. I have friends too, but I'll never do that for them. Maybe once is ok, but that's it" he rambled on. 

 

Sigh. Really difficult to have a logical explanation for these supernatural angel stuff.

 

"Actually he lives near my house so...yeah. It just so happened that he passes this route anyway" I lied.

 

"Ok," he pouted, "but neighbors or not, you two look good together."

 

"Eww, Tao. Can we just clean the tables please?" I pretended to gag.

 

"Why not?" he whined, "unless there's some other guy you're looking after."

 

I stopped in the middle of wiping the table at the thought.

 

"Ah, Tao, do you happen to know any good takeout place around?"

 

--

 

"Ta-dah!" I laid the plastic bags on the dinner table.

 

"What is it?" Kai peeked through one.

 

"I ordered jajjangmyun for dinner" I said, chewing my inner cheek in uncertainty. Please tell me you like jajjangmyun...

 

"Wah, I like jajjangmyun! Thank you, Haneul" he jumped and I breathed in relief.

 

We set the table and began to eat.

 

"Haneul" he called out.

 

"Hn?" I replied in the middle of chewing the noodles.

 

"I know that I'm being a burden here. You shouldn't be working all night for money that you use to buy food for a stranger lying on your couch all day" he sighed.

 

"No, it's ok. Don't say that" I pouted.

 

"I just...I like it here. Here, I have someone to talk to. Someone who doesn't think I'm a curse. Here...I have a friend..." he mumbled.

 

My face was a giveaway that I was surprised by his sudden catharsis.

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe you don't think of me as a friend" he said in reaction to my expression, "after all, we've just met for a few days."

 

"Silly," I chuckled,  "I was just shocked how you opened up your thoughts to me even if you barely know me."

 

"I don't know...I trust you, that's why" he said, looking directly at me this time.

 

And somehow, my gut is also telling me to trust the stranger in front of me. Someone I barely know, but feel like I've known for so long.

 

Someone I just met two weeks ago when he came landing onto the lawn after I...

 

I wish someone would just fall out of sky and finally love me.

 

That's what I wrote.

 

I gasped. "It's you."