Kris

Kai from the Sky

Hello! I'm finally done with "Sehun is my...what?" so I'll be updating this one^^ I hope to see my previous readers here too...or else I will miss you so much TT_TT

 

 


Finally, it's the last class for today. I hurried into the classroom to get myself a good seat at the farthest corner. Why?
 

Well you see ever since this morning, I've had the same guy moving over to sit beside me. What was his name again? I didn't hear it clearly enough over the annoying squeals of girls. Perhaps you're thinking, if girls swoon over him, why avoid him?

It's nothing personal really. I just wanted to make some new friends in this school. But with that giant always sitting beside me and doing nothing but look neutral, I'm not really making any progress in having friends. He hasn't talked to me at all, and the other students won't talk to me either because they were more interested in him.

"Well, this seat seems secluded enough," I huffed as I reached the end of the classroom and placed my bag on the seat, "maybe he won't sit beside me this time."

"Who wouldn't?" a voice asked, making my skin jump from shock. I looked to my right only to come face to face with the person I had been talking about. It was the first time that I was able to get a view of his entire face. Stoic was the only word to describe it. I don't get why those girls would be spazzing over a stone.

"It's you again?!" I blurted out without thinking.

"Again? So were you thinking of me or something just now?" he tilted his head to the side.

"No, I mean...," I wracked my brain for an excuse, "will you be sitting here?"

His vision shifted to my bag that was already on the seat and proceeded to the seat right beside it. "I guess" he answered.

"Alright, see ya!" I sputtered hurriedly as I took my bag and started walking to the other side of the room.

"Wait," he said as I felt a hand on my wrist, "you were supposed to sit here. Are you avoiding me?"

"W-why would I avoid you? I don't even know you" I replied.

"Kris. My name is Kris" he said monotonously.

I raised a brow at him, wondering why he suddenly introduced himself.

"You said you don't know me. Now you do. So are you still going to avoid me?" he continued.

What a quaint question. With a heavy sigh, I returned to the seat beside him and plopped myself down.

"I wasn't avoiding you. It was just that you've been my seatmate for the all my previous classes. Don't you find that boring?" I asked.

"No" was his brief reply. Seriously. That's what I meant by boring.

"Well, I just wanted to meet different people. I haven't really made friends since I'm new to the school" I confessed.

"Then why choose a different seat? I can be your friend" he said in a tone that was nowhere near friendly nor enthusiastic.

"I believe there are tons of other students here who would like to be" I pointed to the other end of the room where some girls were looking at him with hopeful eyes, probably waiting for some invisible hand to transfer him to the seats beside theirs.

He merely shrugged. "But I want to sit here."

"You've been sitting beside me since this morning," I drew out the courage to say, "are you following me?"

For the first time since we started talking, his expressionless face wavered.

He regained his composure in a split second and turned to look at me, "And if I said yes, then what?" he challenged with an intense glare.

I had to admit that he was very intimidating at that moment. "Nothing. You're weird" I shook my head as I faced front to avoid further interaction.

"And you have no manners" he shot back.

"What?! What did I do?" I grew ballistic. He's the one who's been following me all day and sending me creepy looks, now I'm the one who has no manners? Aish, this guy.

"When someone introduces himself to you nicely, you should also tell him your name" he said.

"Nicely" I scoffed.

"Then you say 'Oh, it's very nice to meet you' and shake his hand" he continued.

"The teacher's here" I told him to prevent him from going on with his annoying speech.

"Avoiding the topic huh?" he snickered.

"No. The teacher really is here already" I said, irritated.

"Alright, have it your way" he shrugged.

The class started right away and I busied myself with listening to the discussion. Sometimes I would find myself sneaking a glance at Kris's way. The look on his face was unreadable.

I couldn't decide if he was really absorbed into the lesson or just thinking of something else that lies beyond the four walls of the room. Or maybe he just naturally looks like that? He looks too problematic for a high school freshman. Ugh, why do I even bother to think about it.

My train of thought was disrupted by the bell signaling the end of class. Kris didn't even budge from where he sat even though everyone else was already heading outside. I gathered all of my belongings, shoved them into my bag, and started walking to the door. But then I stopped in my tracks when I thought being a bit more friendly wouldn't hurt.

"See you tomorrow, Kris" I waved at him before turning on my heels.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow...Haneul."