Kiddo

Kai from the Sky

Whew, sorry guys! I forgot to warn you that I'll be away during the holiday season. Mian mian mian TT_TT Now I'm back with a chapter~



"And then I told her that she should probably wear headbands for a while," I narrated, "because I cut her bangs too short, she looked like a toothbrush."

"Did Hyosung get angry?" Kai laughed.

"Yeah, but she grew fond of the headbands when she realized that they make her look more feminine" I laughed along with him.

How did we suddenly get so far into our stories? I didn't notice that Kai and I have been chatting for over an hour now.

"It's dinner time already! Are you hungry?" I asked when I became aware of the living room clock.

Kai nodded with two quick bobs of his head, "The kimchi fried rice all got digested from laughing at your stories."

"Alright, I'll make us some dinner" I stood up and shuffled towards the kitchen.

"Can I come with you?" Kai trailed behind.

"Technically, you already are," I chuckled, "but sure. Just be careful not to bump onto something. You might get surprised again and disappear to who knows where."

"I'll be still!" he reassured, one hand raised beside his face in a sign of promise.

"Aigoo, you're such a kiddo" I smiled at his actions.

"Well, I don't really get what old people do on TV. They're making problems by themselves! Being a kiddo is far more reasonable" he said.

"Problems like?" I asked as I took out some ham from the fridge.

"You know...like relationship problems. Work-related problems, I understand. But I really can't understand why lead characters don't just tell each other how they feel. They make up all these issues about being worlds apart or business rivals and all kinds of excuses, then stop talking and cry alone in their rooms with a sad melody in the background."

"If they didn't make up those issues, the drama won't have a plot" I pointed out.

"Maybe...but I haven't even seen one where the characters tried being reasonable first."

"And by reasonable you mean?"

"If they claim that they really love each other, just say so! Screw rivalry and economic status" he huffed. It was cute how he seemed to take it personally.

"But life really isn't that easy sometimes" I smiled from in front of the rice cooker.

"Yes. But it isn't love if it isn't ready to sacrifice from time to time" he retaliated rather too deeply.

"Love does take courage" I nodded absentmindedly as I sliced some cucumbers.

"Yup! So go tell Chanyeol about your feelings!" he concluded, surprising me that I cut the cucumbers in a deathly uneven slice,

I turned to where he was sitting by the table.

"Ssshh! Be quiet! What if he wakes up and hears you?" I panicked and firmly covered his mouth with my hand.

"Mmmhmmhmhh!" he continued to argue despite being muffled by my hand.

I released him to continue preparing the kimbab.

"But you'll never know until you try" he blabbered on.

"Well, it's not that easy to 'try'" I answered, making the quotation marks apparent in my tone.

"Of course it is" Kai pouted like a kid stuck in the body of a grown man.

"I thought you said you'll be still" I told him.

"I am still" he said innocently.

"Your mouth isn't" I pointed out.

"But why wouldn't you do it?" he pursued with a whine.

"It's just...not easy" I sighed.

"But all you'll do is walk up to him and say 'Chanyeol-ssi, I like--" he said rather loudly so I cut him off by abruptly turning to march towards him with a menacing glare. He suddenly covered his face with both his hands and said 'no'.

"No, what?" I blinked.

"Y-you were going to shut me up!" he said.

"Of course! I heard a creak from the living room so it's possible that Chanyeol is semi-awake by now and can hear you!" I said in a hushed but urgent voice.

He didn't move, still covering his face.

"Ya~ stop cowering behind your hands" I tapped the back of his hand with my forefinger. I said this in a calmer tone since he seemed to be under the impression that I will hit him or something.

But to my surprise he replied, "No, I don't want you to kiss me!"

"What?"

"T-that's how you girls do it all the time! You kiss the guy to make him shut up. Eww!" he said, still hiding.

It took me five full seconds to realize what he had just said, then I burst out into laughter.

"Oh my goodness, Kai. For the last time, stop believing everything you see in dramas!" I laughed as I went back to the counter to finish cutting the cucumber, "and I thought you were scared that I'd hit you."

"I...I'll just watch you cook" Kai resigned, tapping his cheeks with his hands in hopes of sending away his blush of embarassment.

That action made me bark out another laugh that I had been suppressing.

"Kiddo."