184

Kai from the Sky

"Are you sure you heard it right? He could have just been saying 'I'll see you tomorrow...in school'" came Hyosung's voice through the receiver.

"I'm pretty sure he said 'Haneul'" I paced my living room, moving my hands along with the explanation but realized that she couldn't see it.

"Well, maybe you just forgot that you actually said your name. Or he could have overheard it while you were chatting with your other classmates" she tried to reason out.

"No, I'm positive that I didn't introduce myself. And I haven't talked to anyone else in class. So I have no idea how that giant found out my name!" I huffed as I finally collapsed to the couch.

"Oh" Hyosung giggled over the line.

"What's funny?"

"You're so oblivious, Haneul. Maybe he likes you! That's why he made a way to find out your name" she squealed in her girly delight.

One does not scoff at her best friend. But I did. Absurd ideas deserve a scoff anyway.

"Don't imagine things" I told her.

"Oh come on~," she cooed, "it's possible! Don't you want him to like you?"

"No" was my immediate answer.

"Why not? You said the other girls were swooning over him. And you've always like tall guys" she pointed out.

I thought about it for a moment. Tall frame, masculine jawline, expertly cut hair...almost perfect except for...

"Yeah, I like tall guys. But I'm not into Angry Birds" I chuckled.

"Then what exactly do you like?"


"What exactly do I like?" I found myself later that evening thinking of the answer to Hyosung's question.

"Tall...nice smile...doe eyes...ah, such ordinary adjectives" I shrugged as I pulled the blanket up to my chest. The abrupt movement caused my elbow to hit my school bag on the bedside table.

"Just when I was ready to sleep!" I ruffled my hair in exasperation while standing up to retrieve the spilled contents of my bag.

There wasn't really much. Just some sheets of academic outlines, a copy of my timetable, my purple pen, and the notebook.

The notebook.

A mundane idea sparked in my head and I quickly set my bag back on the table. With purple pen and that notebook in hand, I started to list down what I'm going to tell Hyosung the next time she calls up.

Tall.

What is it with me and lame adjectives? It wasn't much of a description of what I like. That guy...what's his name? Kevin? Ken? Ken is tall but too tall for my taste. I'd like someone with a height of something like...

  • 184

Now that's very specific. Naw, actually I just thought of a random number. Oh well. Next...

  • Big and rounded puppy-like eyes that shine with joy

What did I just write? I think I'm learning how to describe now. It's actually kind of fun, I thought as I laughed to myself.

  • Type A personality
  • Always smiling with a perfect set of teeth
  • Dorky laugh
  • Milky skin
  • Cute baby face...but y too

Haneul, you are one embarrassing woman.

  • Can play different musical instruments
  • Deep bass voice

I stopped right there. It was a stupid list. My ideal man is impossible. You can't have a baby face and a deep voice at the same time. And no one can be that cheerful. Unless you got some sort of happy virus.

I gave it a final scan before finally going to sleep. Right from the start, it was already a very absurd list.

184. Tss. Too specific. It's just impossible.