Sky

Kai from the Sky

"What do I do? Maybe I'll just walk straight to my seat and ignore him. Or...just be as natural as possible. But what if it worked? Naw" I conversed with myself as I stood at the corridor of my morning class. Somehow I felt nervous to see Chanyeol.

"Uhh, can you move a little so that I can get inside?" a looming shadow told me. I turned and gasped to see Chanyeol's perpetually grinning face.

"Just a liiiittle bit" he laughed.

"S-sorry!" I said rather too loudly. My heart was threatening to leap its way out of my throat. I ran for my seat and planted my face on the desk.

"Are you ok? Are you still normal over there?" chuckled Chanyeol in his low voice. That voice kept reminding me of the notebook. Deep bass voice, I had written. Ugh.

"I'm fine," I looked up and managed to fake a smile. I accidentally met his eyes and the sparkle in them made me even more nervous.

Several girls squealed and I didn't bother looking at the door. I'm sure it's Kris again. He sort of has that effect on the women around here. Pfft. Don't they see Chanyeol? He's far better than him.

Kris stopped in front of my seat for a few seconds before proceeding to his own. He gave me a disapproving look.

"What?" I barked at him.

He shook his head in reply, but still in a disapproving manner. What did I do? I feel like a child who ate a cookie I wasn't supposed to, now being scolded by her father. But no cookies here. And...no father actually.

The classes dragged on until it was finally time for lunch. I went to the cafeteria and bought a sandwich. After I get my first paycheck, I swear I'll buy a full meal. They smell so tempting. I settled down on the usual empty table near the door.

"Sit over there" a stern voice commanded.

"I'm not taking orders from you, Kris" I replied before biting into my sandwich. He breathed out an angry huff.

"Look, if there's someone here who should be mad, it's me. For your rude behavior at the cafe yesterday," I pointed out, "so don't huff huff here."

"Fine. I don't want you to come anyway. It was Chanyeol's idea. You look like a miserable loner" he continued.

"What is it to you?"

"If it were Chanyeol asking you, you'll be running to the table" he snickered before turning to leave.

"Wh-what?!" I stood up and had the dignity to be embarrassed when a couple of heads turned my way.

"Hey, Haneul!" came Chanyeol's voice from the other table, "come sit with us!

With his megaphone voice, all eyes were now on me, as if waiting for me to decide. Ugh. I had no choice but to go to him. Kris followed suit but he didn't look pleased.

Beside Chanyeol sat a girl with thin lips, fair skin, and silky hair. She's pretty, I must say. But the sound that my heart beats were making wasn't as pretty. Chanyeol's hand held hers like a lifeline.

"Wow, this looks like a double date" Chanyeol laughed as he bobbed his head to Kris's direction.

I was able to stop myself before I could say 'eww'.

"Oh sorry, I almost forgot. By the way, this is Yejin," Chanyeol said and the girl gave me a slight bow, "my girl friend."

 

 



A/N: I couldn't resist using the name of Chanyeol's ex in real life OTL it sounds too similar to the one in my previous fic though



 

 

"Of course. What were you expecting, Haneul?" I told myself later that night as I sat against the bed's head board.

"He's tall, good-looking, and has the most dazzling smile. Of course he has a girl friend" I mumbled, trying to convince myself.

Or maybe I was just hoping that the notebook actually worked. I guess not.

I took the notebook from my bag and had a very strong urge to throw it across the room, but that would be very childish.

Come to think of it, believing it does grant my wishes is more childish.

Without warning, my tears fell down. I know that I've only known Chanyeol for two days, but that's not what's making me cry. There are just too many memories that have been evoked by this day.

Like that very ex-boyfriend in middle school who turned out to just have made a bet with his friends that the quiet orphaned girl would fall for him. He won and got free lunch. What's free lunch compared to a broken heart? My fourth heart break.

Or that time when someone pretended to be my relative so that she can take someone home to wash the dishes and do the laundry for free. I had to run away at midnight, lost in Seoul, to get back to the orphanage. My third heart break.

And when my playmate waved goodbye to me for the last time because her family is moving to another country and all I could do was stay in the sand box, drawing airplanes with my finger. My second heart break.

And of course that nightmare that haunts me every night. The day I lost mom and dad...that was my first heart break.

I understand that people go through tough times at certain points in their lives, but why do I have to be alone in them? Why can't I at least have someone to face them with? Someone who will...love me for who I am? It was stupid to think for a second that it could have been Chanyeol.

"I guess the ones you want are usually the ones you can't have," I sighed as I wrote the same line on the notebook.

I wish someone would just fall out of the sky and finally love me.

"If only it were that easy..." I resigned, closing the notebook and placing it on my bedside. Maybe a little sleep would make everything better.

Thud.

What was that? I swear the sound came from the window. Oh no, what if there's a burglar?

I carefully crept to the side of the room and slowly moved the curtains to clear my view. I found the cause of the falling sound and the sight left me dumbfounded.

Lying on the grass was the most beautiful man I have ever seen.