Check

Kai from the Sky

"I think Kris bought too much food" I said as I looked at the still unfinished takeout package.

 

"Haneul...who was he?" Kai suddenly asked, absentmindedly stirring the teriyaki sauce.

 

"Uhh, Kris? The one who bought all these?" I chuckled, but stopped when I saw Kai's rather expression.

 

"No, the one who brought you home" he said.

 

"Oh...that's Minseok" I replied as I picked up a piece of sushi with my wooden chopsticks.

 

"Are you two..." he trailed off.

 

"No no! Minseok is a friend" I waved my hands in front of me.

 

"A friend...who happens to be a boy?" Kai continued.

 

I placed my chopsticks down and sighed. "Kai, you've also thought like his about Kris so I'll just clear things up once and for all. I don't have a boyfriend."

 

"Yet. I wonder why..." he shrugged and went back to eating.

 

I did the same and picked up my chopsticks, shoving the nearest food into my mouth as an excuse to not have to continue talking.

 

"No, don't eat that!" Kai exclaimed, but it was too late. Heat began to creep up my ears as the sting of the wasabi chunk hit me. I abruptly stood up in surprise, causing something to topple off the table.

 

I ran to the fridge and heard Kai shout that I should drink milk. I chugged down a glass of it and the spiciness went away.

 

"Whew," I said, walking back to the dining table, "so glad that worked. I didn't know milk was an effective antidote to spicy food."

 

"I watched it in some show before. You should be careful about what you're trying to eat" he laughed.

 

"This babo was not paying attention," I pointed to myself, "wait, what's that all over your shirt?"

 

"The teriyaki sauce fell on me" he explained.

 

"Omo, I am sooo sorry! You should go wash up. Come to think of it...umm" I said.

 

"Yes, I haven't really...taken a bath since I got here. I was too shy to ask if I can use your bathroom and...I'm sorry I should just stay away from you until I teleport home and manage to freshen up" he said, covering his face with his hands.

 

"Of course you can use the bathroom! You live here now. It's my fault for forgetting to give you some towels and...stuff," I tried to reassure him, "now go. I'll find something you can wear."

 

As soon as he had left, I motioned for the bedroom to find him a uni shirt, but almost slipped on a puddle on the floor.

 

"Oh, the teriyaki sauce! I should tidy this up" I said as I went to look for cleaning materials.

 

I looked into my cabinets to look for the rag I used to clean up when I moved into the house. After many long minutes, I realized that it was in the laundry. Well, I couldn't just leave the sauce lying around so I continued looking for an alternative.

 

I don't know how long it took, but I managed to find an old mop near the kitchen cabinets. Probably it belonged to Kai's family before they moved out? It would do the job.

 

As I was mopping the mess, I heard my name being called by an uncertain Kai. Aish, I forgot to prepare what he needed! I ran to the bathroom with the mop still in my hand.

 

"Kai, I'm sorry I got distracted please give me five minutes I'll go find you a..." I averted my eyes from him who was hiding behind the bathroom door, "shirt."

 

He nodded and the bobbing motion caused his wet hair to form droplets on his face.

 

"Oh, I know that mop!" he grinned.

 

"Yeah, I found it near the kitchen...I, uh, I'll go get you something to wear" I told him.

 

"This reminds of a scene in a drama" he chuckled.

 

Kai the drama king strikes back.

 

"Which drama?"

 

"Reply 1997" he answered.

 

"Ah, I haven't watched it" I said, as if I even watch dramas in the first place.

 

"There's a scene there were the girl was holding a mop...wait, was that a mop or a broom? And he was talking to the guy then--" he suddenly stopped.

 

"Then? What happened?" I tilted my head to the side.

 

"N-nothing!" he said in a rather panicked manner as he closed the door, "I'll just wait here."

 

"Ok, I'll be back right away" I said as I walked to the bedroom.

 

I wonder what happened in that drama.

 

 

[A/N: For those who haven't watched Reply 1997, I trust your fangirl research skills ㅋㅋㅋ]