5 out of 10

Kai from the Sky

To Rollinbaek and lizzysuff27, you guys are so sweet so I have decided to update despite this suicidal schedule that the school is torturing me with. 사랑해요~ <3



Chopping off the last piece of kimbab from the roll, I beamed proudly at the plate in front of me. I turned around and beamed even more at the sleeping figure of Kai. His head bobbed on his arm propped on the table, his fringes lazily brushing his eyebrows with the up-and-down movement.

I brought the plate directly in front of him. Maybe the mouthwatering smell of freshly cooked rice enveloped in crispy seaweed would wake him up. 1...2...3...no? Well, it's pretty hard to smell something while sleeping if you think of it. I raised my hand to tap him awake, but a sudden loud expression of pain from the living room beat me to it. Kai jolted awake, blinking in surprise at the noise. I was equally shocked.

"Chanyeol is awake!" I gasped and ran to the living room. Kai followed suit and we were greeted by another cry of pain from Chanyeol who had his hand on his forehead.

"I think I...bathroom...where?" he asked. I hurriedly directed him to the area.

Beside the closed door, I could hear the muffled sounds of Chanyeol vomiting. Too much alcohol. What were you thinking, Chanyeol? Drinking so much...in the afternoon...and in your school uniform! Aigoo.

After a few minutes, he went back to the couch, only to end up writhing in pain again. It wasn't long before he had to return to the bathroom to dispose more of the alcohol in his system. The cycle kept going on and it was worrying me.

"Should I make him take medicine again?" I panicked.

"No, don't!" Kai said with his palms up front, "there was an episode in The Doctors where they said you can't follow up on another pill before six hours is over and that..and that aspirin is dangerous if taken in wrong doses!"

"Oh no, then what should I do, what should I do?" I repeated helplessly.

Bam. It hit me. No, Haneul. You are not helpless. There's something you can do about this.I stood up to go to my bedroom.

"Where are you going?" asked Kai as he always does.

"Getting some other...medicine. Don't worry, Kai. This one is safe" I muttered as I left.

Upon opening my bedroom door, I instantly saw what I needed. There on top of the bedside table was the solution.

I picked up the notebook and hurriedly flipped to the fifth page to write: I wish Chanyeol would get well now.

Just a few seconds after putting down my pen, I heard the bathroom door open so I tossed the notebook aside and ran to meet him.

"That was weird. The pain just went away as if someone turned the switch off. Ah, if there is an actual person responsible for that I would so hug that person now..." he mumbled as he wiped his mouth with his handkerchief.

What did he say? It was me, Chanyeol. It was me! Not that you would believe me if I told you so.

"Chanyeol-ssi!" I called out.

"Oh, Haneul-ah! I am so sorry you had to bring me here. Thank you, thank you! I will leave now so that I won't bother you any longer" he suddenly blurted out, only to be paused by the growling of his stomach.

I chuckled. "It's ok. You've been tossing your cookies for almost an hour so you're probably hungry by now. Come eat with us before you leave" I said, motioning for us to walk to the kitchen.

"Us? Oh yes, your friend is here! My memory is very poor with alcohol in it."

"Then you shouldn't drink that much" I smiled.

He nodded. "What's his name again?"

As if on cue, we made it to the kitchen and standing on alert is the "friend" he was talking about.

"Kai. His name is Kai" I grinned, half at him and half at Kai's surprised face.

I would be surprised too. And intrigued about what kind of "medicine" healed Chanyeol that fast.

Five out of ten pages. Only half of the wishes remain now.

 

Was this wish really worth it?