Deja Vu

Kai from the Sky

"Thanks for walking me home again. You really don't have to" I smiled at Minseok.

 

"Yah, stop saying that, will you? I should just record it since you keep on saying it" he said, holding out his phone as if to record my voice.

 

"Alright, alright" I chuckled, "I'll go in now."

 

"Grumpy boy's not around?" he asked.

 

Grumpy boy?

 

"Oh, he just...went to a friend's house" I lied.

 

Minseok nodded. "Any plans for the weekend?"

 

I remember telling Kai that I'll buy some clothes for him come weekend. I'm not so sure if I have to now. Is he even coming back?

 

"I'm not sure, actually."

 

"Ok, just text me if you want to hang out or something" he grinned.

 

"Oh ok, what's your number?" I asked, about to pull my phone out of my bag.

 

"Silly. Of course you have my number" he said before waving goodbye and walking off.

 

I went inside the house and checked my phone for 'Minseok'. Sure enough, it was there under 'Minseokie'. I just shook my head and started for the kitchen. I need some dinner. 

 

Ah, what should I cook? I'm too tired to make something complex. With that thought, I just poured some rice into the cooker. Kimbab is fine.

 

As I was cutting the other ingredients, memories of a few days back came onto the surface.

 

"I don't want you to kiss me!" Kai had said while cowering like a kid.

 

I laughed to myself. "Babo, why would I even kiss you?"

 

As I rolled the ingredients together, I remember how he watched me make kimbab before. Silent, just smiling very sweetly from time to time. I remember how peaceful he looked when he fell asleep with his head on the table.

 

His tired eyes hugged by those long, black lashes.

 

The way he rubs those eyes when I nudge him awake. And the smile he greets me with that wrinkles the corners of his mouth ever so slightly. 

 

I found myself clutching my chest. It was suddenly too heavy to breathe. With every thought, the faster the beating underneath my palms became.

 

What is happening?

 

I was shaken out of my reverie by a loud thump from outside the house. Cautiously, I peeked through the window and it all felt like deja vu.

 

Kai was there on the grass, just like the first time I found him. it took all that I had to slowly walk to him. Because I wanted to run to him.

 

But voices in my head kept telling me to stay away from him. Minseok's. Chanyeol's.

 

Lying in front of me again is the most beautiful man I have ever seen. And in my heart was the most beautiful feeling.

 

In my head, it goes on: stay away from him, stay away from him.

 

"...I can't"

 

I took out my phone and sent a message: 'Minseok-ah, I think I'd just like to stay home for the weekend'

 

And with that I ran to the man who fell from the sky and into my silly heart.