Common Sense

Kai from the Sky

EXO COMEBACK IN A FEW DAYSSS <3 WHO'S EXCITED? *raises both hands and feet*



 

 

 

If I were a tiny bit stronger, I swear this pen would have been crushed ten minutes ago. I had been holding on so firmly to my pen and staring at a clean sheet of the notebook.

 

Is it really a good idea to wish that Kai's teleportation ability disappears completely?

 

Common sense says that it is. No more random trips to the highway. No more gash wounds. No more getting stuck in his room watching TV for fear of seeing new places. 

 

I can actually fix it! All that's needed is a few from this pen and his curse would disappear. 

 

But wait.

 

It's not a curse. It is only such because he can't control it. Maybe it doesn't have to disappear altogether. True, it's against common sense, but what's so common about Kai anyway?

 

"I wish Kai could control his teleportation ability..." I began to write down.

 

That would be great, right? He can go on and live with his life normally again. Maybe even patch up things with his father. Wherever he is right now, he can just easily go home. 

 

Now that I think about it, he never mentioned where his new home is at. I wish I knew where it was so that I could at least visit him to check if the notebook worked.

 

Because sadly, I think when all of these get fixed, he might forget me and not come back here. After all, I'm just someone he met this morning and the thrill of finally being able to control his ability will surely overshadow the memory of today.

 

Yeah, I'm just someone he met this morning...

 

...so why do I feel like I don't want him to forget me?

 

Maybe because I can identify with him. Everytime I looked into his eyes, I saw myself. An image of someone who feels alone and needs company. Maybe because I want to be friends with him.

 

"Well, it wouldn't hurt if I get to see him again even just for one more time. Just to make sure he's ok. Just to tell him that he is not alone..." I mumbled to myself.

 

A lightbulb moment sparked in my head.

 

"...and if he comes back, I can ask him if he wants to get rid of his ability. It could be an option. For a normal life. After all, I still have..." I counted the pages remaining in the notebook, "five wishes left. He can have two."

And common sense says that by now, I already have enough excuses to see him again.

 

So I finished what I was writing: I wish Kai could control his teleportation ability...and be here with me right now.

 

As soon as I heard something crash in the living room, I tossed the notebook into my bag and ran out my bedroom.

 

And the moment I met his terrified eyes, I was glad that I made the wish.