Strangest

Kai from the Sky

I really really want to reply to each of your comments like I used to do in Sehun Is My What?! but it's too difficult to do on mobile aigoo~ But you guys know that I love you, right? Your comments inspire me to write my best. Saranghaeyo~ take care of yourselves! Don't die while watching EXO's comeback perfs, ok? Remember to breathe in...and out...in...and out...

 



Gentle raps met my bedroom door.

 

"Haneul...is everything ok?" Kai asked from the other side.

 

"Y-yes of course. I told you I just suddenly...had a headache" I lied.

 

"I'll get you medicine" he said.

 

"No no, there is no need. I just need to rest for a while. Alone" I replied.

 

Truthfully, I just needed some time to think.

 

There was no answer. Perhaps he got the cue.

 

Aigoo, I feel so harsh. I just walked out in the middle of dinner. All because I was so freaking slow that I only realized now that Kai is the product of the wish I made. Haneul, Haneul...is it everyday that a man falls put of the sky? Babo.

 

"You said 'it's you'. I heard it," Kai suddenly spoke again, surprising me since I thought he left, "did I do something wrong?"

 

"No, Kai" I sighed, "I'm tired from work, that's all."

 

"Maybe that's true. But I don't think that's all."

 

I took a deep breath and released it very slowly. 

 

"If I said something wrong, please tell me" he continued. 

 

How do you tell someone 'hey, I think you've been sent here to love me because I made a pathetic girl's wish on that pathetic notebook which by the way is from a pathetic angel disguised as my classmate'? You don't. 

 

I'm just not sure how to deal with the information right now. No, Kai can't love me just to fulfill a wish. Love does not go like that.

 

But when I wake up tomorrow, he'll be there. When I get home, I will see his face and we'll talk over dinner. How can I interact with him normally when I know that he was sent to love me? It may sound simple to just ignore it, but if you imagine yourself in my place you'll understand. 

 

It just doesn't work like that.

 

And he doesn't deserve to be used. Those angels up there are secretly evil for letting this happen.

 

How do I deal with staying with him if I also don't want him to leave? He is a friend albeit a new one. And he needs a place to stay. He directly asked to stay. I can't drive him out just because of this. Like I said, I don't want him to leave either.

 

"Don't worry, Kai" I let out the breath I had been holding, "you didn't. I'll just...see you tomorrow."

 

I heard him sigh in resignation and I felt even worse for making him feel like he was at fault.

 

"Ok...good night, Haneul."

 



 

 

"Jang Haneul?"

 

"Jang Haneul?"

 

"Oh, present. I'm here" I replied to the teacher in slight panic.

 

I didn't even notice that roll call had begun already. Still busy trying to wrap my mind around what I realized last night and how stupid I was all along.

 

"Alright, we're complete today!" the teacher beamed, "good to have you back, Mr. Kim."

 

"Good thing it was only a mild flu, sir" replied someone from my right.

 

"Haneul-ah" someone called out in a hushed tone.

 

I was still spacing out and didn't bother to react. Only Kris and Chanyeol talk to me during class. And Chanyeol is nowhere so that leaves Kris.  And well, I'm not interested in talking to him yet after our issue.

 

"Haneul-ah, Haneul-ah" persisted the voice.

 

"Shut up, Kr--" I turned to my right and realized that it wasn't him thay was calling me.

 

It was the 'Mr. Kim' that the teacher was talking to a while ago. He was seating right beside me. But that should be Chanyeol's chair.

 

"Hey, what did I miss when I was absent yesterday? Ah, that flu was such a bother" he shook his head casually.

 

Why is he talking to me as if we've known each other for a long time? I am a hundred percent sure that he does not belong to this classroom.

 

"I'm sorry...who are you?" I blinked in confusion. 

 

"Haneul-ah jinjja...aigoo" he chuckled, "I was only gone for a day and you forgot me already? Stop joking. So did I miss any project announcements?"

 

He was still grinning as if I really was joking. No way. I have no idea who he is.

 

"Where's...Chanyeol? Did you exchange classes with him?" I asked.

 

He tilted his head to the side and blinked.

 

"Who's Chanyeol?"