Here For You

Kai from the Sky

Everyone in the comments seems to be mad at Minseokie. Of course, he's such a nappeun nom >_< Xiumin fans, sorry author had to do that to him~ in exchange, watch this super cute fan vid that I like: XIUMIN - NAPPEUN NOM

On with the story~

 

--

 

Knock knock.

 

Knock knock.

 

Darn, I'm starting to hate the sound of knuckles on the wooden front door.

 

"You've been knocking for three days and I've been telling you to go away for three days. I hope you get tired. Because I am tired" I shouted from my bedroom, covering my ears with a pillow. I don't even care if Minseok hears me from this far. He should know that I don't want to see him and I'm not going anywhere near that door.

 

Knock knock.

 

Stop.

 

Knock knock.

 

Fine, I take back what I said. I marched to the door, pillow still in hand ready to hit him right at the face.

 

"I told you to stay away! This is all your fault!" I smacked the pillow multiple times at the visitor's face.

 

"Ow ow ow!" came a low voice, uncharacteristic of Minseok.

 

I lowered the pillow to reveal Kris's reddening face.

 

"Kris..." I sighed and started to walk back to my room not caring whether he'd follow or not.

 

"You're making your life miserable just because of a guy?" he began.

 

Plopping on the bed, I closed my eyes and ignored his banters.

 

"Whether he comes back or not, you still have to go to school. You do realize it's not a good idea to sabotage your own life like this, right? Stop acting like a teenage girl."

 

"I am a teenage girl," I threw the pillow at him, "but you wouldn't know that, huh? How old are you even..."

 

"Old enough to know that you have to get out of that bed and go back to school. And to the cafe too" he replied.

 

The cafe?

 

"Oh. My." I gasped as I reached for my phone. Kris took it from my hand just as I was about to press Call.

 

"You didn't even wonder why Mr. Bang didn't contact you for the two days you've missed work? It's fine. I've talked to him" he explained.

 

"Thanks...I guess" I mumbled.

 

"Thanks? That's not enough. Get up and fix your life, Haneul" he ordered as he pulled me by the arms.

 

"Ugh, no. I'm uh...sick" I said, feigning several coughs.

 

"Tss. You expect me to believe that? I'm not a Healer, but I can tell you're not sick" he snickered.

 

"Why don't you go call Chanyeol then? Maybe he'll diagnose something" I replied nonchalantly.

 

He let go of me and took a deep breath.

 

"You shouldn't have talked with Chanyeol. That's why this suddenly happened in the first place" he spoke in whispers.

 

"What do you mean?" I asked, getting up ever so slightly to hear him better.

 

He started to walk away with no reply.

 

"Ya! Kris!"

 

--

 

"Get up" Kris shook me awake. Not that I was sleeping. You know when your mind wanders so far away that it feels like you've been dreaming? It's like that. My mind was in some highway, some house, some yard, some place Kai might be in right now.

 

I just shrugged off Kris's hand on my shoulder.

 

"I said get up" he repeated.

 

"I don't take orders from angels" I told him as I hid under the blanket.

 

"Sadly, I do" he whispered low.

 

After a few minutes of silence, I slowly peeked out of the blanket and got up.

 

"I'm up now" I called out to Kris's back image.

 

"Good" he smiled, tight-lipped.

 

He bobbed his head to the side table where a bowl of ramen was.

 

"You said you're sick? Let's pretend I believe that. The ramen's soup can help you feel better" he said.

 

I wish.

 

"I thought you're not a guardian angel. You didn't have to bother" I told him.

 

With a huff, he replied "I already told you why I'm doing this. I just hope one day you'll realize that there are other people who are here for you. Not just Kai."