Coffee Shop

Kai from the Sky

Yes, the title is inspired by B.A.P.'s new single *cries and throws the random piano at Zelo's perfect face*


 

"Look at how much more books a public library has" I beamed to myself as I browsed through the shelves. Since our school's library wasn't well-endowed with art books, I went straight to the public library to borrow that book on contemporary art.

"So many good titles!" I gasped as I saw the section for art. I flipped through as much books as I could take hold of but a particular one grabbed my attention.

"This has so many full-colored art scans" I mumbled in awe. As I took the borrower's card attached at the back cover, I saw the name of the book donor: Seoul National University. Explains why it's so impeccable.

As the librarian was processing the book, I caught sight of a nearby newspaper and had an idea. I went over to check the classified ads. Like I said, I probably need a job.

"Full time lecturer at...nope. Part-time...part-time construction work...nope. Nope. Nope" I muttered as I scanned all the job opening listed for the day, "oh wait here. Part-time cafe crew. And it's just near my house! Perfect!"

I copied the address and asked the librarian if they had a computer that I can borrow. Luck is on my side and she led me to one. I furiously typed out a one-page resume and had it printed. Then before anyone else can steal fill in the vacant position in the cafe, I rushed to the location.

The cafe was cozy but large. I see why they need to hire extra help. I took one of the tables and laid the book flat on it. It was too heavy to bring into the back office so I left it before coming face to face with the manager.

"We just posted that ad today and how fortunate that a lot of people saw it immediately" smiled the manager. His smile reminded me of Hyosung's.

A lot of people? It means there are many others applying for the spot? Aigoo.

"Yes, I'm lucky to have seen it too and hope that this luck stays with me and you hire me" I chuckled. It didn't seem rude to laugh because Mr. Bang gave off a very comfortable and fatherly vibe.

"Well actually I...," his smile faltered around the edges, "you seem very nice Haneul, but I had already accepted someone half an hour ago. I'm sorry."

"Oh," I felt my shoulders drooping, "it's ok, Mr. Bang. I understand."



TAO's POV

"C'mon bro, just one more time. Let me borrrow some moolah" I tugged on my co-worker's sleeve.

"You're buying more bags than you can pay for with your paycheck! No one needs that much bags" he scoffed.

"But this is limited edition! I need to get my hands on it before someone else does!" I whined.

"Table 2 just left. Go clean it" he waved me off.

Grudgingly, I walked towards the said table and collected the empty coffee cups. Darnit, this job isn't even paying much. Else I wouldn't have this problem with money right now. I really need that bag.

I made a quick turn on my heels to proceed to the kitchen, but my back hit the table right behind me and something heavy fell on my foot. I swallowed back my scream so as not to surprise the customers.

What. The. Heck. It's so painful. I bent down to pick up the thing that fell and it turned out to be a book. It lay open on my foot, exposing the inner back cover.

"Seoul National University?" I read.

I'm surprised I remembered the logo. I don't study there. Heck I probably never would because the tuition is very expensive. The owner of this book must be filthy rich.

And I really need money right now.

I think I might have an idea.