C.5: Revealed

Collarge

 

C.5: Revealed

 

She sat there. Her eyes constantly gazing at the chandelier then back to the crowd followed by bitting her lips. Just what is going through her mind? I sat there observing her ways. We were waiting for the food I had ordered for the two of us. This uneasy fella sitting opposite me with ferris wheels for eyes is not what I had in mind. 

 

‘Taeyeon shi.’ She jumped a little then focused on me. ‘Are you alright?’ The irony of that question being asked burned the back of throat. ‘It is very expensive.’ She bit her lower lip as her eyes wandered around the place once more. Cute. I nodded in approval of my conclusion. ‘Not really. Anyway it is my treat.’ I smiled in an attempt to ease her concerns about price tags away. ‘Still...this is way over over my budget. I can’t be letting you pay all these on your own.’ Her head lowers in embarrassment. ‘Silly.’ I reached over and patted her head once. ‘I have the cash that can last me till I’m 60. Don’t worry about it.’ 

 

Her eyebrows furrow at my respond. ‘Although, I only need cash for 27 more days.’ I simply stated and took a sip of my ice water. Well it is about time to faced the weakening of my heart. After all, popping in the painkillers as a toilet break isn't exactly implying I'm alive. Despite my calm demeanor, her eyes enlarged to the size of a little round moon. ‘You... ...’ I nodded my head and she gasped. Who knew it would be this easy disclosing my death sentence to a stranger. I smiled when I watched her pondering. Bet her mind is racing around with this new discovery. Mine did too. While at least this is a beautiful stranger. With that, I continued watching her ever changing expression while waiting for the food to come.