Ocean & Waves

Collarge

Some say it is a choice. Some say it is by nature. Nature and nurture. What a billion dollar conflicting question and answer. On its own it is an irony, is there really anything more to undertand? Then throw love into the mix, we have now in our hands a simple ball of tangled ropes. The best part, I walk this wavy line. I sit and listen. I am here, directly opposite the animated you, telling me all about your dates and romantic times.

I am here for you. Always. 

I could only smile as your aura a brilliant shade of happy pink. Feeling like a proud dad, I sip the coffee and nod at the appropraite intervals. You rarely needed any encouragement when you spoke about your life's tales. Like a splash of the rainbow, you bought colors to my monotonous ways. According to you, I was too calm an ocean and needed the occassional waves of disruption. These waves promptly provided by you of course. 

'Taetae.' You suddenly called my name dispite my attentiveness. 'What is going to happen if I marry and have a child?' A question that had an overdose of worry. 'Then I will be that lesbian aunt that your kid will figure out sooner or later.' I replied as a matter of factly. You pouted at my avoidence of your implied messages. 

'I don't want you to be alone.' you decided to state your displeasure with my singlehood. 'There seems to be an increase in population within your community. Isn't there anyone that had caught your eye?' I could only smile and take another sip. 'You need to go out more.' I nodded indifferently at the same advice given by all to me. 'You need to listen to me. Go out.' You said firmly.

'I am out.' My reply clearly evoked irritation. 'That is not my point.' Your eyes carrying threats. Having ten years of experience dealing with you, I blinked to swat them all away. 'Maybe you should pray about it. I prayed to get attached to a man and look what happen.' she states from experience. 'Isn't it funny for Him to aid me in going against His own words.' I said.

Her understanding of my logical point, made her get caught inbetween what she wants and what makes sense. 'Taetae, I don't mean to be rude but are you sure?' she asked with caution. 'Looking at my past, yes. Yet looking at the current moment, I think I'm just worn out by the last relationship.' my honest answer made her worries more evident. 'I am fine being alone.' I quickly added when that facial expression was registered in my mind. 

Instead of relieving some of your concerns, it seem to add fuel to the burning flames. 'Being alone is only one step away from being lonely. I don't want that.' Your child like quality overtook the last line as it came out like a whiny child stating its desire. 'Neither of us have such power. I believe in nature. Even if my uality is nurture, love is by nature. Love isn't according to wants, love is...' my brain fiddled with the known vocabularys, searching for the right description, 'love.'

A moment of silence passes by as both didn't really knew what to add on so that things will be better. Facts will be facts. 'Taetae, you know I love you right?' I burst out in laughter at her sudden declaration. As you watch my outburst, you laughed along. 'Yes yes and I love you too.' Upon saying that line, I stood up and reach over to pinch her cheeks. 

The fun was back, your endless speech about your wonderful tales begin to create the lovely ripples. This kind of coffee shop meeting, makes me feel fine walking on the tight rope of being alone.