L.3: My Look

Collarge

Gently, I placed my coat over her sleeping frame. Watching her slight smile as the alcohol was happily swimming in her system. A momentary gaze at her features, I smiled. Slowly and carefully, I shut the door of the backseat. 'Unnie, you pamper her too much.' A seated Hyun with her seat belt states with a sigh. 'I don't do well with alcohol but am an awesome driver. I'm just playing to my strength.' I replied her, feeling a little smart at my selection of words. 'Or into her hand.' she muttered under her breath. 'I heard that.' I eyed her as the weak wimper of the engine made my point. 'Please start driving.' she blantently pretended to be polite. I pouted a little to emphasis the point that I'm the older one.

A halt due to the red light, a momentary moment to do a quick check on her. Her majestic kingdom in dreamland was still treating her as much of a queen as she is. 'Unnie. Green.' Her two mere words dragged my view back onto the baren roads of dawn. 'We just attended a wedding. Your best friend just got married. Such a life changing experience and you were part of it. How you choose to be the same, is beyond me. Your logic does strongly reflect your maturity level.' I took in her lecture slash insult. What else could I do.  Facts will be facts. 

'Why tell me but not her?' She stated. This sentence she wasn't being mean. She was sincerely curious. 'A wedding is when two individuals come together and is further binded by the legal institution. Legally...' I bit my lower lip as I was unsure about how to continue. 'It may not be legal. At least do something about it.' She sees the world overly similar to elementary mathematics. 'Unnie, you can't keep just looking at her.' Her indirect concern and implying that she is in my corner subtly cheering on me, gives warmth.

I steal a gaze at her sleeping face. 'Looking is doing something. I'm merely just someone in love.' I said simply. It was somehow the only reason I could give to justify my actions. 'Don't twist my intentions. Give it a try. Tell her.'  she seem so earnest in her plea. 'Seo Juhyun. Drop it.' From the corner of my eyes, I picked up opening to retort. 'Please.' I got it out faster than her. Hence, silence was my reply.  

'Tell her now. Meet me halfway Unnie. You can't expect me to hold a bomb secretly but not see you do anything about it. Such manner of living I can't understand. It drives me nuts. So meet me halfway. Confess now while she is knocked out from her indulgence of stupidity.'  She spoke in exasperation. 'Sorry.' I could only say. Maknae sighs. I exhaled. My courage was buffering. Loaded. Another exhale. Meet halfway. 

'I'm someone in love. Someone who is standing on the opposite platform, looking at you facing the trains and your own issues due to being alive. All I could do is watch. I like you but you would never hear my confession. The distance between us is far and wide. Furthermore, the train in which I'm awaiting for travels in the opposite direction of yours. However, I am here. Standing in hope that you can see me. See the way that I'm looking at you. Sincerely, I love you.' I let out a breath. 'I love you, Ms Jessica Jung SooYeon.' my lower lip and intended to steal a glance at your smile after unloading my confession in the most coward manner. 

As my eyes travelled towards you, it could only widen because your eyes met mine. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Written on the phone. Please do comment if there are any errors. May you enjoy the update. Thank you-