Girl

Collarge

The alarm sets off. Ringing at the set 4 bars in volume yet my mind registered it at a booming 8 bars worth. If only it wasn't my pretty iphone. I sighed as I slide the alarm to silence. Sitting by the side of my bed, the day appears to be of standard normalcy. Silence in the room apart from my yawns. My head wanted to turn and take a short glance at the spot that was once filled. I resisted. I stood up ever so slowly. I may weigh a mere 40kg but today it seems like a hefty weigt of 40 tons contructs my frame. Hello monday indeed. Monday blues. The most aweful tune. I hum a random tune as I went into the bathroom. 

'Morning.' I greeted myself. With the best kind of bed hair and a bloated face due to last night awesome greed, I look like a perfect monday morning. Gloomy without a dash of enthusiasm. I wonder how those movies made the actress smile really wide. Like oh my gosh,morning, yay! I was too lazy to even entertain myself as no exaggerated actions accompanied my words. I use to be more kind to me.  

Into the showers and then out. Wearing a wearing the same pair of jeans for the third time and a semi fresh new t-shirt. Leaving the bathroom, my feets touched the wooden flooring of the apartment. Sufficient for one, cozy for two, suffocating with three or more. I glance around at the mess called home. The space I can see, reflects me too well. Goosebumps came up. I trembled slightly then head out with wallet, ipod and phone. Why I took along the third item was a mystery, yet it remains in my left back pocket. Then it was on my 2nd hand purple bmx bike that allows me to touch the ground. 

Pedalling around aimlessly, watching the others of my kind interact, felt awefully fascinating. Why did she hold his hand in that manner? Why would you tell that to someone older? Who is that chic? What is he wearing? Where is that hand really roaming to? The walk of observating brings more question into my mind than peace. I should have just stayed indoors and watch another senseless drama. 

I say that but I continue on with the pedals that takes me further away from my house. Going by, not understanding the world. The world moving in line with the hands of time. 'Taeyeon!' I halted at the strange outcry of my name being heard. 'Taengoo, come here.' I sighed as I did as per instructed. I knew I shouldn't have taken this street. 

With a smile pasted, I gave a slight bow of greeting. 'Afternoon Ms Jung.' I said. I was brought up with manners despite being of one that didn't shy away from curses and swears. She pats my head like I was five.  'What a good child.' She sounds happy at my outward display. I am only half as happy as she was. 'Oh, we met just in good luck and fortune.' She drags me by the arm as I pull along my bike. 

The warm signboard of 'Just Fruits' stayed above my head. My hands now filled with one carton of assorted friuts. Then the normal nagging of how fruits are good for a girl like me. 'Thanks, Mrs Jung.' I said. She pats my head once more. 'I think I like you more. My daughter only knows how to play hide and seek with me.' I could only awkwardly smile back. 

This daughter of hers, studies in America, comes back occassionally, pisses Mrs Jung off and gives outmost love to her as well. Mrs Jung constantly complains about her yet makes a King & Queen's extravegant meal upon her return. Things are complicated, to me at least. Love had always been puzzle, one that seem to forever miss a piece. I bow one last time after strapping the carton onto the back of my bicycle. Mrs Jung's exaggerated wave of goodbye, make me slightly embarrassed. I pedalled harder, away from the scene. 

Moments passed and my feet suddenly halt. Getting off my bicycle, I was mesmerised by her. Who is she? I placed myself nearer to the railings. Approximately 3 small steps closer to her. All I could see was her side profile and her attire. 

A girl in a simple white one piece. With no patterns throughout except for the white lace that fineshes off well fitted dress. The gentle breeze from the river, fans her hair as she stands by the bay. Leaning against the railing, she looks out at the abyss.  Her features weren't exactly soft. Neither were they distinctive nor outstanding. It was kind of plain. It was just in a way, beautiful. 

I kept looking at her. Holding my bicycle at on the left side, stablising the weight of the bicycle as well as the carton of fruits Ms Jung so willingly gave. My mother had such charms you see. However this girl wouldn't know, will she?  I continue to stare. To analyse her from approximately one level higher, not being able to see her full face yet I remain amazed. Was it her aura? I had no idea. 

Suddenly, she faces the left. Her backview clearly in sight. Her frontal gone from my vision. Then she walks on by. Proceeding on with her life, taking steps that brings her further away from me.  Once totally out of sight. I place myself on the bicycle. With each pedal, I travelled in the opposite direction of her. Heading back to reality, enlightened by the brief encounter, temporarily smiling, cherishing that moment forever. She is that girl. 

The girl by there, somehow I had already hold dear to my heart. As I went on, a smile forms just from her view. Why? I smirked to myself. For once, I did not ponder, I was happy at the reason that alludes me. 

'Thanks girl.'