H.1: Canopy Interception

Collarge

 

Hydrologic Cycle: Canopy Interception

The light that shines. The rays from the sun that touches the ground. Illuminating all that we may see. This is the sun. It evaporates any available spilt droplets that has been left stranded on the ground. With every one collected, they slowly form the white fluffy clouds. The white that gives the sky blue a greater pop of color. 

Slowly, it gathers. One by one, the whiteness begins to be of a heavier burdened tone of grey. Once the scale is in disequilibrium, droplets falls from the sky. The sky blue now becoming closer to that of darkness.  In such times, the only shelter is only to be provided by a trusty umbrella. 

The above is the weather cycle described simply. With technology, weather can be estimated and forecast with efficiency. These findings are then part of the script that the radio broadcaster monotonously reads out. Today, it is reported to be sunny. The light blue that my eyes capture supported their claims. 

Well sort of...

My head slowly came back to its default position. I let out a sigh. My left forefinger comes up and brush away the fallen tear. Lifting the lone tear at the sun, it evaporates in a matter of milliseconds. Bringing it down, back to my side, I blinked once more. Reassuring myself, that only one droplet shall be allowed this morning. As of this second, there is no rain. As of that second, it rained.  

 

{From Wiki: Canopy interception is the rainfall that is intercepted by the canopy of a tree and successively evaporates from the leaves. }