L.4: Your Look

Collarge

Saliva travelled uneasily down. My palm filled with nervous pespiration. The car's air only being paired with the awkward silence. Neither of us could nor knew what to say. The damage is done. A fatal blow by an assumption. An assumption that turned to be a double edge sword. I'm bleeding. Everything seems to be slowing down. A 100km/hr feels like the speed of a grandma's pace. Time ticking by, the very fact that the digital clock on the dashboard still changes, is driving me insane. I'm going insane. The air feels thicker. My skin feels heavier. I think I'm drowning from all of these tensions. Everyone just keep inhaling and exhaling.

Parking was sub consciously done. 'I'm going to head in first.' Seo shakily says. She leaves the car. I was still strapped in by my seat belt. 'Do we talk about this? We can just ignore it too. Whichever that is preferred.' I said after another 10 minutes of silence. I tried to say it as calmly as possible. We continue to sit. Time continue to tick by. I think my button down collar is getting smaller. It feels stuffy. 

'So you think you like me.' She asks softly. 'I don't think.' It was a factual respond. 'Cause when I do, my hand searches for a whiskey.'  I let out a sigh. 'I can't.' She says apologetically. 'I know.' I replied. 'It is a secret. It was suppose to be my secret.' I finally unbuckled my seat belt. 

Just as my hand reached the handle, 'not wouldn't.' She says. Immediately, I turn to face her. Tears streaming down her face, my confusion pounding in my head. The scene of which we painted was of conflict. What is this? I don't get your look. I only get the look reflected in your watery gaze.