Moonlight

Collarge

Moonlight

 

I placed two glass wine on the wooden garden table situated at her balcony. It is a full moon and somehow that calls for whine. The way she made it sound was as if wine and full moon are like  a fork and spoons. I took my seat then proceeded to fill her empty glass with the designated Drc Romanee-Conti 1991. ‘What is the occasion that you are opening one from your vault today?’ I questioned, finding it odd that a simple full moon will make her open one of her beloved. 

 

‘Today’s moon is worthy of it.’ My eyebrow became uneven as a respond towards her nonchalant statement. Gently, I placed it into the ice bucket that was beautifully decorated in pink. Sometimes I think she has some form of obsessive disorder with regards to that color. 

 

She turns and see my glass already filled with simple Evian water. ‘We aren’t sharing?’ She asks. I shake my head. ‘I don’t feel being a tomato tonight.’ I stated as she giggles. Next she retracts to her earlier comfortable position. 

 

Her eyes firmly fixated on the mystifying moonlight. My pair, on the other hand, lingers at her side profile. As I watch I was certain we were both soaking in the visuals we see wholeheartedly. Her hand blindly reaches for her glass as she was glued in her appreciation of the shimmering moonlight. Inevitable, her nondominant left was like a tiny fish fidgeting when it had been out of the water for some time. It was a tired action but persistent in its goal.

 

Secretly, I slide her glass just an inch away from a index finger. With a little clockwise motion, she finally found the foot of it and then picked it up at its stem. Her lips lightly placed onto the inner and outer half of the glass. Elegantly, she took her first sip. My head tilted down naturally as attraction rang the bell within to notify me of its undying presence.  

 

 I slide back till my upper torso moulded with the chair. Shifting a little to the right, a little more space separated us. I gaze up at the object of your attention. The way it shines down with a light touch, makes it seem so unsure of its beauty. Yet here it is efficiently reflecting the sun and making the night sky complete. 

 

‘Pretty.’ I mumbled while being in a daze at the moon. Instead of verbally responding, she lifts up her glass towards the moon. It was as if she had shown a gesture of acknowledgement towards the fabulous glow the moon had on tonight. I smiled at her. The way she does things never fails to intrigue me. 

 

We remained silent as we each gaze up in admiration. Occasionally, the only sounds made was the her whine glass being picked up and put back down. My mind was so fixated in the night’s sky dazzle. Hence when her hand had helped me close my mouth, my body responded by freezing up momentarily due to shock. 

 

‘Old habits are hard to change.’ I pouted at her tease. ‘At least I have you as my forerunner instead of some yucky insects.’ I said with mischievous intent. Yet somehow, that smile of hers told me her mind was not reacting in the manner I had hope. ‘Fany?’ I decided to enquire about the underlining randomness of today. It wasn’t like her to call me over so abruptly just to do moon gazing with her. ‘You alright?’ She nods. I paused for a moment. Opening myself up to any trace of her lying however nothing of that sort was detected. 

 

She takes a sip of the whine. I took a gulp of water. The contrast between us suddenly becomes so vivid from a third person’s perspective. Silence consumes us once more. This time, it has a slight suffocating effect. The difference in a mere 30 seconds is only to be described as part of the ripple effects of human emotions in an interactive play with one another. 

 

‘Taetea...’ I turn to face her as she continues to soak in the view if the night sky. ‘Do you still like me?’ I blinked once. It was followed up by the emergence of deep flush of pink on my cheeks. I turn away from her despite the fact that she was not looking at me to begin with. 

 

One would have expected the mind to race. The respective’s tongue to be nothing more than deadweight. ‘Yea.’ I mumbled out. I could have swore that I should have remained silent or played deaf. Either one would have been a better role. Yet I choose to be that tragic honest fellow. I mentally scolded myself. 

 

‘Why didn’t you say something about it?’ I heaved a sigh. ‘Fany why are...’ I tried to divert the topic away from the door of my one sided love. I would have continued if she didn’t suddenly looked at me straight in the eye. ‘What happens if I am to tell you that I’m waiting for your confession?’

 

My body leaned back. The way she is looking at me seem so raw... ...so transparent, somehow this is overly blinding for me. ‘Are you drunk?’ I asked in an attempt to make some sense of the events that has snowballed into this. ‘On two glasses?’ She shoots back a question that clearly point out how futile that try was. 

 

I scratch my forehead. ‘Say would we had been happy?’ She asks indifferently as my mouth begins to dry up. ‘I don’t think so...’ I replied. ‘Why?’ She quickly puts me in a spot again. ‘There is no future.’ I state as that sentence that was formed stings my own heart a little. ‘Why?’ She asks again. ‘It wouldn’t work. We wouldn’t have been a forever. We would have arise to the special one that didn’t work out.’ 

 

We both stopped the back to back responses for awhile. My mind slowly dissects my last sentence to realize that it is I who has dashed my own wish for anything more. What am I thinking? That question formed in my head was yelled at my brain. ‘Why wouldn’t we work out?’ My head tilts up as I watch her pour herself another glass. Is this topic to her such a breeze? 

 

‘I strongly believe that I would have been prepared to let go of everything for us.’ Just as she finishes, her wrist turns slightly to not spill any droplet. ‘That would have been the problem.’ These words I speak I could have sworn are on auto pilot. ‘I don’t want you to be deprived because of us. I want you to live a life that had an abundance of choices for you to pick. I wouldn’t have stand it if I was the one preventing that from your grasp.’ I watch as she takes a sip of the freshly poured whine. 

 

‘Aren’t you already depriving me the right to choice when defaulting my choice for a us?’ She retorts cooly. It was like this topic is of some distant happenings that holds zero association towards her. Frankly, I was stump. I never did see it from that avenue. I smiled. She is Fany. One of the few that can make me baffled and speechless. 

 

‘Yea guess I am. ’ I said in admit of defeat. ‘But, sorry, I rather have forever.’ Oh my gosh! My own eyes widen in disbelief as my goosebumps appeared to protest. She laughs at my expression. Reaching over she cups my face and kisses my forehead, ‘so do I.’

 

After that it was more wine for her and the endless lighthearted chatter that runs through the night. Having finished the whole bottle, she finally got beaten down by the alcohol. Lifting her up as gently and steadily as I could, I tucked her in. 

 

‘I love you.’ I said sincerely then smiled at her peaceful look of slumber. I watch her sleep for awhile before heading back out. Clearing up the table, washing the cups, somehow I find myself sitting back at the balcony. 

 

The moonlight still astonishingly mesmerizing. While watching its glow, I came to an understanding. The night sky holds nothing unless one is willing to bask in the glory of accepting the imperfections in life. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note: 

Suppose to be up on white day. Had a little hand inthis story. did you all realised? haha. Hope you all had fun and more fun to come. Have a good good good day you all!!!!! :}}}

Kel Out~