C.4: 27. So What!

Collarge

 

C.4: 27. So what!

 

The morning came. The morning left. The afternoon came. Signified by the sun rising higher and shining its load at my . With complains, my woke me up from my slumber. Tussled hair, a face bloated from the middle night cry, the body clock taking a step towards stopping. I feel great to see the sun. A plastered smile, I dragged my body to wash up. 

 

Water trickling down my face, time is whining down, facts that stare right back at me. I had so much and now things are ending. I stare hard at this girl who has a drenched face with unkept hair. So it is 27 more days, so what? Rockstars don’t sulk through life. 27, it is. 27, I’ll take. First step, get my luggage back. Gently, I touched the side of my face through the cold glass. My breath condensed on the mirror. I closed my eyes as I got tired of the tears coming down. Still, I will miss breathing, crying etc. Letting out a heavy sigh, I got dressed in yesterday’s clothes. Borrowed the next door’s perfume and headed out. 

 

Out of the cab, I walked in the remains of history. Then, there it was. The prominent Vendome Column. Majestic. While staring at it in fascination, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I jumped a little and turned to face...her. ‘Hello!’ She smiles widely. ‘I guess no one is as unique as you and I.’ I laughed. Why? I have no idea. It just came. We swapped the luggage. Next, came the awkwardness of what is the appropriate social follow up. She fidgeted on the spot. I only looked at her petite restless toes. ‘Erm...’

 

I look back up at her face. ‘How about I treat you lunch.’ She blinked twice at my sudden invite. 'As an apology.' she pondered over my suggestion. However, even in my dying days, I am still an impatient girl.  ‘Come on! We can just dump these luggages at my suit first.’ With that I took her hand and grabbed her along. I’m a rockstar. I’m going to smile. I’m going to be alive. One tear fell as I marched on.