viii.

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

Chapter eight

 

      “Omo, d-did I disturb yo-you… Oh my…” Mrs. Wu stuttered and she didn’t know what to do. The both of you didn’t hear her due to the endless laughs, groans, and bickering. She didn't know whether to be happy, seeing that kind of scene. Mrs. Wu just left and closed the door. She leaned on the door as she calmed herself down. Her heart, still beating on a very fast rate, and anytime soon, she might eventually get a heart attack.

      “Bwahahaha! Die, Kris! Die!” You laughed like a witch. It was fun playing with Kris. It was as if the old memories turned back. But at that moment, you couldn't think of anything else. You had to fight over him.

      “Grhmm!” He groaned. He couldn’t talk because of the cloth that was stuck on his mouth. Mrs. Wu heard it and she couldn’t believe her ears. These kids are still freaking minors. Oh gosh. Should I stop them or what? I don’t know! Oh dear heaven and earth, please tell me what to do! Mrs. Wu heard a groan once again. She fiddled with her fingers and bit her nail. She was nervous and she was pacing back and forth. She knew she had the authority but she thought of what would they feel like being caught red-handed.

      “Hmmgrrhhh!” Kris groaned, making Mrs. Wu have goosebumps. She walked back and forth while shaking her head, confusion was driving her mind crazy.

      “Oh, I don’t know anymore!” Mrs. Wu went downstairs. The smell of the food that she was cooking was different. It smelled like a burning one. The smoke coming from the kitchen made her get out of the trance. “Omo! Can my day get even unluckier?” She shouted and sighed heavily. She was attempting to knock her head over the counter but realized she was already old enough to do that kind of thing.

      She had to start all over again as to what she was cooking. But the scene… it still wasn’t erased on her mind. It was driving her nuts. She knew they were teenagers who have raging hormones but it wasn't really appropriate and to the fact that she saw her own son doing it. Her subconscious told her it was just a misunderstanding.

 

▲▼▲▼

 

      Kris gathered all of his strength and forcefully pulled away from the knots. After all, Kris was still the man. You glared at him menacingly but you were about to die from laughter. Kris had a really messy hair. It actually looked hot but you just couldn't help but laugh it off instead.

      "Puahahaha!" Kris laughed at the sight of you. If you saw your face on the mirror, you'd probably shriek in horror. You were left gawking and your hair was really messy too. The strands were tangled and you looked like a crazy woman who just got out from a mental hospital.

      "Why are you laughing now?" You raised one of your eyebrows, oblivious of what you looked like.

      "You should look at yourself in the mirror." He threw the pillow towards you and it smacked on your face, letting you fall down the bed.

 

▲▼▲▼

 

      "Oh, Kris you're up... are you tired, my son?" Mrs. Wu nervously asked. Kris was still on his messy hair that looked like he just done "it". Mrs. Wu gulped down and looked away from her son's gaze.

      "Why do you look nervous, mom?" Kris gave her a lopsided smile. He knew something was wrong with her mother.

      "I... uh..."

      "Good morning, mommy!" You cheerfully greeted her as Mrs. Wu smiled in affection. Calling her "mom" wasn't really a big deal to the family. Your relationship with her was simply like a mother and daughter relationship and you loved her through the years ever since.

      "Here, eat your breakfast with Kris. Are you guys tired?" Mrs. Wu arranged the plate for you. She was always looking away whenever you glance at her. You also knew something was off.

      "Yeah..." You and Kris said in unison. Who wouldn't get tired about the mini wrestling just a while ago?

      Mrs. Wu got goosebumps again. "You kids," Mrs. Wu shook her head in disbelief, "did you even use a , Kris?" Mrs. Wu blurted out. She couldn't believe she said that out loud as she put her hand over .

      Both eyes were widening in shock as you spat your drinks on Mrs. Wu's face. She closed her eyes and she was boiling with anger. You and Kris were just staring at her with eyes wide as Mrs. Wu opened her eyes and exhaled.

      "I saw it with my huge eyes. You, Hana... on top of Kris. On the bed." Mrs. Wu said.

      Everyone went silent and only the ticking of the clock could be heard. You and Kris looked at each other and started bursting out with laughter. The both of you rolled on the floor while laughing as you held onto your stomach because it was already aching. On the other hand, Kris tried to talk between his laughs but he couldn't. He couldn't believe his mom misunderstood something ridiculous as that.

      Mrs. Wu looked at the both of you in amusement. "Now, you two are laughing? What's so funny?" She stared at the both of you with a serious straight face. You tried your best to behave and hastily got up while Kris was still lying on the floor, rolling like a buffalo.

      "It's not what you think, mom!"

      Kris got up and cleaned Mrs. Wu's face with a tissue. "Mom! What the heck were you thinking? You thought me and Hana were having... ugh... you know... Ahhh gross! I can't even imagine myself doing "it" with her!" Kris said and finally, Mrs. Wu understood what was going on earlier. Her subconscious turned out to be actually right.

      "Oh... then what does that mean? About what I saw a while ago?"

      "I was tickling Kris on his sides because I knew it is his weakness! Mom, why did you think of such a thing? I will never ever do what you were thinking... especially with Kris. Ewww! So disgusting!" You pretended to puke and made a disgusted face.

      "Alright. That's enough. Just eat your breakfast already and go to school." Mrs. Wu heaved a sigh in relief. What were I thinking? I must've been really embarrassing. Mrs. Wu thought and just went to the kitchen.

      Kris put his arm over your head and started messing with your hair. You chuckled and playfully punched his side.