Chapter 33

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

Ever since that day, Kris had been by your side all the time. Whenever a guy would talk to you, he would shove them off saying things like, "Hey babe, you'll come over to my house tonight, right?"

A part of was annoyed and the other part of you made you laugh whenever Kris becomes somewhat over protective when it comes to guys. You weren't even dating yet but there he goes, acting like a boyfriend already.

It was break time and you suddenly remembered about the kitten at the pond side. You bought some milk and cookies to feed it.

When you got there, you lightened up at a cute sight. Lay was feeding the kitten and he was smiling.

It made you touched. Lay was so gentle and you never get why he was always being silent all the time.

"Aigoo. How are you cutie?" You went beside Lay as he looked at you in surprise. "Hana!"

Lay chuckled. "Who are you calling cutie?"

And there it went again. It felt like the time when you first met Lay replayed.

"I'm talking about you." You said, earning a surprise look from him.

"What?"

"I'm talking about the kitten." You muttered.

"But you just said you were talking about me." Lay pouted.

"I kid. I kid. Haha. I was talking about the kitten. You think you're cute?" You chuckled.

"Yeah, I think I'm cute. But I admit that the kitten over there is way cuter." Lay got up and sat on a bench with an indescribable expression plastered on his face. You let the milk and cookies down as you went beside Lay and enjoyed the beauty of nature.

"I feel so lonely." Lay said, closing his eyes.

You looked at him and studied his facial features. He is indeed a very handsome man. He looked so calm with his eyes closed. But why does he feel so lonely?

"Why, Lay? You can tell me. I'm a friend." You said. You just hoped he would open up to you. He looked really sad and you felt like comforting him. You wanted to be by his side seeing him in such a state even though you didn't know what was happening.

*Yes. She's only a friend.* Lay thought. *I feel like opening up to her. I guess this is the time that I should let go of my hurt feelings and break the walls on my heart.*

"Would you mind going out with me on Saturday? Treat it as a date." Lay got up and dusted his clothes.

"A date?" You were unsure about it and you suddenly thought of Kris without knowing. Why would you think of Kris? It's not like you and him are couple. But why do you feel like you'll betray him if you went out with Lay?

Lay noticed your uncomfortable expression. "Treat it as a friendly date, I mean." Lay smiled and bid a goodbye to the kitten. 

*A friendly date.* You sighed in relief.

"I'll pick you at your house on Saturday! Your house is just beside Kris's right?" 

"Uh yeah. Alright." You nodded and gazed at Lay's retreating back.

*I wonder where is he bringing me to.* 

 

*******

 

"Class, since the exams are coming, you need to study a lot." The teacher said as the students sighed boringly. Some were irritated. Students have always hated exams.

"Hana, you're one of the top students here. But your grades in math are making your overall grade down. You need to study a lot on math and work out on that." The teacher said as you plopped your head on the table and blew your bangs in annoyance.

You can do well on other subjects but math... Hell no.

How were you supposed to study math when you didn't even get a single thing about it?

You stomped your feet in irritation as you looked at Kris.

He was smirking at you. You sneered at him and gave him a look.

"Don't make fun of me, Kris. I know you're the top one. Don't be so proud." You muttered as Kris's trademark smirk never left his face.

Kris leaned closer to you and whispered, "Do you want me to tutor you?"

What a wonderful offer. Kris thought as he celebrated mentally. Knowing that he can spend a lot of time with you, that made him happy. And the chances of making you fall for him, it was making him easier.

*I'm really smart.* Kris thought.

"Really? You'll tutor me?" You straightened yourself and looked at him.

"Yeah. For free." Kris grinned. "So which house?" He asked, proudly complimenting himself for doing such a wonderful suggestion. Him? Tutoring you?

He couldn't be happier. He can spend the whole time staring at you while you have a hard time solving the math problems.

"I'll just jump over to your room." You said as you sighed in relief.

*Finally. I hope I get a higher rank this time.*

 

*******

 

It was lunch time and you decided to sit at the very back since almost all of the tables were occupied already. While eating your lunch peacefully, Chanyeol noticed you as he strode towards you.

"Hey. So uncle is back? You didn't tell me." Chanyeol sat beside you as he rested his cheek on his palms.

"Yeah. I didn't know about it either. My parents surprised me. So Chanyeol, are you okay now? Is your dad bringing you pressure again?" You asked and stopped eating, looking at him in eyes with full of concern.

You've always cared about Chanyeol. He had been with you ever since you were in America.

The moment he feels down, you feel down too.

"Yeah. But it's okay. As long as I'm with my dear Hana, I'm alright!" Chanyeol beamed.

But his eyes were still saying that he wasn't okay. You saw it.

You hated to see him like that. You've always seen his side as a happy and cheerful person. Someone who clings to you. Someone who acts as a child in front of you.

And at that moment, you hoped you could give your best to comfort him.

Flashback:

"Oh, Hana..." Chanyeol's eyes lightened up as he got up from the bed.

"What are you doing alone in your room?" You asked, looking at him in eyes.

"Nothing... just thinking about things..."

"What is it, Chanyeol? You can tell me."

"You see, my dad forces me to have an arranged marriage with a girl. If I didn't agree to it, my dad would probably throw me away. I don't even know if he's still my dad." Chanyeol said. His signature smile and happy face were all vanished away, leaving a stressed Chanyeol.

"But why..."

"I don't know! If I didn't marry that girl, their company will get bankrupt. You know that I do not want to take over the company right? You know what my dreams are, right?"

"Yes Chanyeol..." You hugged him tight and felt sorry for him. Chanyeol is a good guy. Seeing him feeling so down because of his father made you feel bad even though you do not have the right to do so.

"If only you aren't my cousin... if only we aren't running the same blood, I would've asked you out to by my girlfriend. Aish!" Chanyeol still had the guts to joke despite of his problem.

That was one of the things you liked about Chanyeol.

"It's okay Chanyeol. I'm sorry. I do not know how to make you feel better. Just follow your heart, Yeol. Follow your dreams and fight for what you want. You've always wanted to be a rapper. Fight for it even if you face consequences. I don't want you to live your life full of regrets." You said as Chanyeol hugged you tighter. You heard him stifle a cry as you patted his back.

"Hana..." Chanyeol bursted out a cry.

"It's okay Chanyeol... I'm here..." You patted his back as you felt your back getting wet due to his tears.

"Hana baby!!! Huhuhuhuhu!" Chanyeol cried like a kid as you chuckled at his childishness.

End of flashback.

"I'm thinking about talking to my dad, Hana baby. I'll follow what you've said to me. Thank you, really. You're the best!" Chanyeol hugged you tightly as he got up and twirled you around, gaining attention from everyone in the cafeteria.

Nobody knows that you and him are cousins except for EXO-K.

You giggled. "Put me down, Yeol."

"Nooooo!!!" Instead, Chanyeol hugged you tighter and twirled even more.

Murmurs and endless gossips filled the cafeteria.

Kris, who was eating with EXO-M, saw the entire scene as he clenched his fists in jealousy.

*That Chanyeol guy...*

"Kris, are you just going to watch her like that?" Xiumin asked.

"No." Kris got up and strode towards you as Chanyeol put you down.

Your smile suddenly left your face when Kris pushed Chanyeol, leaving louder murmurs.

"Hey Kris! No!" You stopped Kris as Chanyeol grinned and didn't mind about it.

"What? But this Chanyeol guy is hugging you like you're his girlfriend! No way! I only have the right to do that. Do you want me to write 'Copyright by Wu Fan' on your body?" Kris blurted out as laughter filled the entire room.

You chuckled at his dorkiness. "Kris! Why? You're jealous?" 

You started to play a game as you went beside Chanyeol and clung onto his arms.

Chanyeol noticed it and played along too.

Trolling runs through the blood.

"Why? She's my girlfriend!" Chanyeol lied, earning a glare from Kris.

"Noooo!!! That can't be!" Kris pulled you from him as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder.

You liked how Kris became jealous. He was so cute.

"Back off, man! She's mine!" Chanyeol pulled you out from him.

Soon, Kris flamed with anger as he saw Chanyeol's grip on your hand.

"But..." 

You saw Kris's jealous expression and seconds after, you and Chanyeol laughed, earning shocking expressions from everyone especially from the jealous Kris.

You and Chanyeol even rolled on the floor while holding onto your tummies.

"What are you two doing! This isn't funny!" Kris said in disbelief.

You high fived Chanyeol as the both of you got up and laughed at Kris's reaction.

"We're cousins!" You said.

Kris couldn't believe it as he looked at Chanyeol.

But Chanyeol only nodded, stucking a tongue out. "Mehrong!"

"Yo-you're cousins?!"