xvi.

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

Chapter sixteen

 

      You had already paid for the grocery as you carried the bags out. You knew Kris won't have the urge to help you and he never will. But an unexpected action happened. He stole the bags from you as he carried them out without even taking a glance at you.

      Is he mad? Bipolar kid. You though and shrugged. 

     When the two of you got home, you expected him to make fun of you but he didn't talk to you. He put the groceries on the kitchen and put them on their necessary places. You were not used by his sudden change. You would occasionally think if you've done something wrong to him but it seems like you never did one. He was always the one who did everything to annoy the heck out of you and then he's gonna change just like that? Your head felt heavy as you sat on the couch.

     Maybe I'm just tired. You got up from the couch and went to Kris's room to rest.

     I'll just cook later. I still have one hour left. I'll just take a nap. When you laid your head on a pillow, it became even more heavier. You couldn't help but to shut your eyes. 

      After a while, you drove off to dreamland.

 

▲▼▲▼

 

      Kris suddenly felt down about ignoring you. Did he choose the right way? He looked around the living room to see if you were there but you weren't. He felt that sensation that gush through him again. He did not know whether he liked you. He had no idea about what he felt. But somehow, being near you made his heart at ease. He did not know what was the meaning and purpose of happiness. All he knew was getting attention from you was enough to explain what it truly was.

      That annoyed expression of yours whenever he teased you. Your pouty lips when you always felt down. Your creased eyebrows whenever he did something that irritated you. All of them. Everything about you. It was all confusing. For all he knew, you were just frenemy to him. But it didn't feel right. Why did his heart beat on its unusual rate whenever he was around you? Especially now that you've finally came back? He thought hard but still, he couldn't comprehend why.

      His shoulders deflated as he went to the kitchen and started cooking instead. He needed to do something to shove all the crazy thoughts away. It felt like his mind was about to explode through all these happenings. Kris was slicing the vegetables and flipping the pan with ease. The truth was, he actually knew how to cook and the food that you made were enough to feel his satisfied tummy. He was only joking about its taste being disgusting. At that time, he realized he should start cooking from then instead. Sweat was forming on his forehead as he used his sleeve to wipe them off. He bit his lower lip with his upper teeth and went to the other side of the stove and tasted the soup that he was cooking.

      He his lips in a circular motion to remove the liquid scattered on his lips in slow motion. If anyone could see him, it would seem like he was endorsing a kitchen.