Chapter 38

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

"You look beautiful today," Lay said, his gaze stucked from your head to toe. "I cannot even avert my gaze on you." He added, his mouth gawking at such a beautiful sight in front of him.

"Aigoo, Lay. I just wore a simple outfit. It's nothing unusual." You went inside his car and so did Lay. The ride was silent and neither of you were talking. You wanted to break the awkward atmosphere so you gathered all your courage to open up a conversation.

"Hey, why did you suddenly think of having a friendly date with me?" You were thinking about it since the day he asked you out. He could've just asked his friends out if he was bored or something. It kind of bothered you.

"I honestly don't know. I feel like opening up to you. There's this something in my heart that I wanted to let go. And I think it's only you whom I have the courage to tell out that problem. I don't know..." He said, looking at the road.

Finally, you had been waiting for this moment. Ever since your eyes stumbled upon Lay, there was this feeling like you wanted to help him out. He's been quiet and he seemed problematic. There were times when you were at the pond with him, you wished he would open up to you someday. And this was it. You hope after he open up, he'll be back to his old self. You don't really know what his old self looks like since you just knew him when you got to Korea. But you hope all the burdens on his heart lift up and vanish away and just be happy in life.

"Where are we going, Lay? Oh, isn't that Lay's Can I get it?" You saw the chips at the backseat and you suddenly felt hungry.

"Sure. It's now yours. I was actually saving it up for later because when I am hungry, I always eat Lay's." Lay said and suddenly, you burst out laughing.

"Hahahaha! Your name is same as your favorite chips!" You laughed. The atmosphere was lifted up as Lay also started laughing.

"Yeah... you know what, I'm really in awe with you." Lay looked at the rear-view mirror and saw you pouting. He chuckled. "See? You're so cute!"

"Aigoo aigoo. Why are you even saying that?"

"You're so cute. You're really fun to be with and everything you do makes me happy."

"Eyyy!" You pushed his arm. "Stop being cheesy! I'm not gonna melt."

"Yeah, I know you won't. I already know you're into Kris. Ayeee~" Lay nudged you in the shoulder playfully as he stopped the car in front of a... cemetery?

"Pshhh! Omo-" You were about to talk back when your eyes darted to the view. You were in a cemetery and you thought the weather even coped up with it. The clouds were gray and as if it was holding back the rain.

"Is this a friendly date? In a cemetery?" You innocently asked, gawking at him.

Lay chuckled at your expression. "I just wanna show you something. This isn't our date yet."

"Eh?! I thought this is the date already." You eyed the cemetery and indeed, it was really creepy. Just looking at it made you gulp down. You weren't scared. It was just the vibe that you were feeling.

"Don't be scared, you cute girl." Lay pinched your cheeks as both of you got out of the car.

"Now, let me tell you a secret of mine." Lay said, grabbing your hand as he assisted you up the hill.

 

*******

 

"Are you serious?!" Kris shouted as your mom jolted up in surprise. He was fuming in anger and his fists were even clenched tightly. His face was pale with his eyes widened in disbelief.

"Omo omo!" She placed her hand on her chest as she panted. Your mom was acting all cool through her exterior but inside, she was about to die in heart attack and at the same time, too much laughter due to Kris's hilarious expressions when he knew that you were going out with Lay. She never thought Kris was like that when angry. She had to admit, she was kind of scared. But nobody dares to break her plans so she continued with her trolling.

"Don't let me have a heart attack!" She shouted back. "But what the hell just happened!" Kris walked back and forth uncomfortably. "Aigoo, Kris. You are so slow, my dear. You would've been with my daughter if you are not slow. Me and my husband even trolled you last time, remember? Well, that made you confess to her indirectly! Aigoo. You better thank us." She shook his head, feigning a disappointment. But anytime soon, she would've burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry. Where did they go?" Kris tried to calm himself down. Just imagining you being so lovey-dovey with Lay makes him clutch onto his stomach.

"They're out for a date. You wouldn't believe it. Hana looks so stunning! I'm afraid they are already together! I saw them kissing! Oh my gosh!" Your mom lied, placing a hand over . She acted like she was sorry. *Bwahaha. Let's see how you're gonna react. You need to be fast, young man! Watcha waiting now?* She mentally talked.

"Are you serious?! Oh c'mon!" Kris raked his fingers through his hair in frustration.

*No... this is not going to happen. No...* He shook his head as he immediately looked at your mom. He stared at her for a while, making her look around to avoid his eye contact. *Don't tell me this guy knew it already? Is my acting terrible?* She thought.

"Can I borrow your car?" Kris asked hesitantly which made your mom sigh in relief.

"Oh, of course. Good luck, Kris! If you didn't find her right away, I'm afraid she's already taken! Oh my. What a sad thing to say."

With that statement, Kris hastily rushed through the door and grabbed the keys. When he was already starting the engine, your mom shouted, "Hey! Be careful! That's my husband's car!" She rubbed her temple as her facial expression sulked in. "Oh boy, if he damaged that car my husband will kill me."