xlvi.

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

Chapter fourty six

 

      It was a great month, spending your love life without anything or anyone in hinder. The ups and downs, the endless teasings which still never died down, there was nothing much but enjoying such a happy life— free from problems and everything. You couldn't wish for more.

      School was hectic and the end of school year was getting near. Everyone was spending their hours studying all day. You were studying at Kris's room. As usual, he was tutoring you on Math. 

      You saw him lying on the carpet with a book on his face, laying in such an uncomfortable position. You smiled at the sight of him. If everyone's first impression of Kris is someone who's strict, silent, someone who is not the type to be mushy and sweet, they are totally wrong. Sometimes, you doubt why did Kris become your boyfriend. To start it all, both of you are just childhood friends who teased each other a lot, you even plotted taking a revenge on him in the first place. But what happened? Everything turned into tables and you didn't know both of you were already falling in love.

      You went towards him and dropped your knees on the ground. You removed the book on his face and brushed his bangs, revealing a peaceful Kris. You bit your lip, seeing such a handsome guy, well, your boyfriend in front of you. You lightly brushed his cheek and chuckled silently. There was a blanket lying on the ground so you picked it up and put it over him.

      Bored, you went through Kris's computer. As you rummaged his files, the folders with 'Secret' and 'Memories' stumbled upon you. It looked familiar and you felt like you've seen it before. That's when it hit you when you remembered browsing through his files and those two folders have a password. No matter how many times you guessed what kind of password it would be, it would always go on error. You slumped on your chair and your shoulders deflated. You gave up and turned the computer off, taking a mental note to ask what's inside those folders. It wouldn't be some kind of adult videos right? Especially with 'Secret' and 'Memories' on its titles.

      You got up from your seat and examined Kris's room. It had been a long time since you checked his room out.

      There were car figurines, books, rubiks cube, pretty much some random things a guy would have. But there was something that caught your eye. Curious, you saw a camera which Kris had been carrying around when you were children. You remembered the moment you left for America, you saw Kris hopelessly kneeling on the ground with his camera. It was a depressing sight but you've always thought you would be happy without Kris around. And that got you wrong. Through the years, you couldn't admit you missed him.

      You turned the camera on and to your shock, it was still not broken. Your heart stopped for a moment, seeing all the pictures were stolen photos of you when you were still young. The last photo was a blurred one, probably the ground. Your heart fluttered at the sight. You looked at Kris with affection showing on your eyes.

      All of a sudden, your phone beeped. A text message popped up on the screen and your eyes widened.

 

      "Hey Hana, how are you? I miss you. Do you still remember me?"