Chapter 37

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

"What? We're leaving, omma?" You tried to hide your happiness but you were disappointed. First things first, you really hate Kris to death and leaving knowing that you won't see him on your life anymore is a great news. But secondly, you don't know why but something tells you not to leave. Something makes you hold back. *But whatever. As long as he'll be getting out of my sight would be a really great idea. I'm gonna have my peaceful life now!*

"Yes, dear. We're going to America for good. Now, pack up. We're leaving tomorrow morning." Your mom patted your head and nodded.

"Okay..." As a kind daughter you are, you followed her and packed your things up. You looked at the window next to your room and saw Kris looking at you. "You're leaving?" He asked. Since he's your neighbor and your room is just near his, you can easy talk with him without shouting or anything. 

"Yeah. For good. But don't worry. I'll get my revenge! Wait for it, Kris the stupid jerk! Bleh!" You made a face and stuck your tongue out.

 

*******

 

"Nana, we're enemies right?" Kris asked as he played with his toy car.

"Yeah. You're my enemy. But we're friends too!" You said as you also played with cars.

"Okaaay! Frenemies!"

"What's frenemies?"

"I heard it on TV and it says that it means both friends and rivals at the same time."

"Cool. Hey oppa, can you get me a water? I'm thirsty."

"Sure." Kris left as he got a water from the fridge but when he came back, you were gone.

"Hana?" Kris looked around the house but he couldn't find you. A tinge of fear went through him as he went outside and found you going to the car with your luggage.

"Hana!" Kris shouted but you never looked back.

Kris ran as fast as he could as he was finally near you. He grabbed your hand and turned you in front of him.

Kris was crying.

"Kris..." You said, looking at his eyes. 

You've always hated to see him cry. You've hated to see him cry for you, especially in front of you.

"Don't leave. Fine! I won't tease you anymore... just don't... leave..."

"Yah Kris! Why are you being like this? We hate each other right? It's good that we won't see each other anymore!" You said as Kris let go of your hand. Suddenly, his camera fell.

"Hana! We're leaving!" Your mom called out as you bid him goodbye.

"Bye, Kris. I promise. I'll come back. But change is good, you know. Don't you think it's great that I'll finally be leaving and I won't see you in my life anymore?"

Kris wasn't able to speak. Did you really mean that?

You went to the car as you realized that what you've said was wrong. For some reasons, you wanted him to know that the both of you are enemies. But somewhere in your heart, something was aching and you couldn't figure out what it was.

Kris picked his camera from the ground and for the last time, he took picture of you from the car.

The last picture that he took.

And from that moment, he never touched his camera anymore.

Realization hit him as he ran as fast as he could. He wanted to stop you from going. If you leave, he won't be happy anymore. He loves it when he make fun of you. Just by thinking that you're leaving, it makes him upset.

Kris ran as fast as he could. He never stopped.

But he couldn't reach you.

His legs went numb and fell down.

He couldn't do anything but just stare at the car where you were in.

"Hana..."

 

"Hana!" Kris was sweating as his eyes opened. He was sitting in front of the desk as a blanket was placed over him. He looked at the bed and found you nowhere in sight.

"Why does that nightmare keep on going back?" Kris closed his eyes as he brushed his fingers through his hair in frustration. 

 

*******

 

"Where are you going, Hana?" Your mom asked and looked at you from head to toe. You were dressed nicely.

"I'm out for a date."

"A D-DATE?!" Your mom said, choking on her water.

"Yup. A friendly date with Lay. Kris's friend." You bid her a goodbye as your mom suddenly thought of something.

*Kris should know about this.*