Chapter 34

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

"You're cousins?!” Kris asked in disbelief. He never expected that. He was surprised. He shouldn’t have cursed Chanyeol if they have only told him sooner.

“Yep,” Chanyeol pulled you closer as he rested his head on top of yours. Kris didn’t stop him because he was finally relieved. You and Chanyeol are cousins. He was relieved, knowing he doesn’t have a rival anymore. Or that was so he thought.

Chanyeol showed his signature smile. “Can’t you spot the similarity?”

Kris furrowed his eyebrow and scrutinized your facial features, comparing it to Chanyeol. You two aren’t look alike but there was a slight resemblance.

Kris pulled you away from Chanyeol.

You’ve been being tossed back and forth and you noticed it.

“Aish! I’m not a ball.” You hissed. Kris ignored you and looked at Chanyeol. “Well then, if you don’t mind, may I borrow your cousin for a while?” Kris said sternly.

“Sure. But,” Chanyeol put his hand on Kris’s shoulder and squished it lightly. “take care of my baby.”

“I will.” Kris replied as Chanyeol’s expression turned into a serious one. “I am serious. Do not hurt my baby.”

Kris rolled his eyes. Never as in never will Kris hurt you. Hurting you never existed on his vocabulary. Yes, he may be bullying you a lot but he knows his limit. He knows when to stop.

“I will never hurt her.” Kris said, earning a sincere smile from Chanyeol.

Chanyeol let go of Kris’s shoulder and walked off. “I hope you stick to your words. If I saw my Hana crying, I’ll chop your head off.”

“I will never hurt her.”

You were still stunned by Kris’s words. It kept on replaying inside your head as you felt your heart being at ease. You felt like being in clouds, floating helplessly. You were just touched. Was it really Kris who said that?

You didn’t know what you were feeling anymore. It was just unexplainable.

“Let’s go. I still need to tutor you.” Kris whispered to your ear, sending you chills down to your spine.

You felt goosebumps forming on your body as the warm breath of Kris still lingered on your ear. “Babe,” he added, making you more frozen on your state. What he was doing was just way too much to handle and anytime soon, you might explode. And there your heart went again.

“-come over to my house, baaabee.” With that, he walked off, leaving you dumbfounded.

You got out of the trance when you heard his fangirls screaming in jealousy. Some even fainted.

What the hell is happening in this world.

"Aish! That Kris! Making me go crazy!" You stomped your feet in irritation.

The EXO members saw the scene. They all watched everything.

"Our cold hearted Kris is changing now, huh?" Xiumin said as the members nodded.

Lay glanced at your retreating back, expressionless.

"Hey Lay. What do you think of Hana and Kris? They suit each other right?" Tao asked as Xiumin looked at him worriedly.

Xiumin had been noticing Lay's actions and from his perspective, he knew Lay has something for you. He wasn't sure if he likes you or if he has a crush on you or anything. Xiumin just noticed Lay has something towards you. That was pretty much out of the blue but there was something that maybe Lay reminds you of.

"Oh? Ah yeah..." Lay muttered, exchanging a look from Xiumin.