Chapter 31

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

Because I naughty naughty, Hey! I'm Mr. Simple! 

The song echoed through the room as Sehun danced gracefully, sweat forming on his forehead.

"Ayooo wassuup EXO-K!" You greeted them and chuckled lightly at the name.

"Yah noona! That EXO-M is angry because we used the name you recommended!" Sehun stopped the music and wiped his sweat.

"Hehehe. So where's Chanyeol?" You looked around and the others were busy playing games and watching TV.

"He's been on his room and he doesn't come out." Sehun said. You dashed to Chanyeol's room without even knocking the door. There, you saw him reading a book but his eyes didn't even move from one place to another. His eyes were focused on something. He was in his deep thoughts that he didn't even notice you.

You coughed purposely to get his attention.

"Oh, Hana..." Chanyeol's eyes lightened up as he got up from the bed.

"What are you doing alone in your room?" You asked, looking at him in eyes.

"Nothing... just thinking about things..."

"What is it, Chanyeol? You can tell me."

 

*******

 

"I'm back!" You expected Kris to greet you with a joke but it was silent. You went to the living room and there, you saw your parents sitting on the couch while looking intently at Kris.

You could see Kris frozen on his state. Something wrong must've happened.

*My parents are back? Without even telling me?* You gulped and coughed purposely.

"Umma, appa..." You called. Your dad's intent stare at Kris broke as they looked at you and gestured you to sit on the couch beside Kris.

*Oh good timing. I was about to die from nervousness there.* Kris thought.

"Hana, Kris..." Your dad started. You glanced at Kris and sure, you could tell that he was really nervous.

Your dad's serious expression was on. When his expression turns like that, something might have a problem.

"You didn't tell us you're living in the same roof as Kris. Plus, the fact that his parents are away," Your dad started. "Nothing happened right?" Your dad furrowed his eyebrow, expecting for an answer. But neither of you answered back.

*Kris is a guy afterall. He can do things towards my daughter. Kris has hormones too.* Your mom thought.

"A lot of things happened." Kris blurted out as your parents' eyes widened in surprise.

"Did you guys do things like kissing, and uh..." Your mom blurted as you shot her a look. "Umma!!!"

"Yes we did." Kris said. He was just being honest.

Seconds later, your dad's serious expression turned into a cheeky smile. Kris raised his eyebrow and looked at your parents in confusion. You just rolled your eyes. You knew it. Ever since from the start, your parents are already favor towards Kris. You kept on insisting that you hate Kris and that both of you are enemies but who knows, maybe that was just a thinking.

"Kyaaaa!" Your mom squealed. 

"Are you guys together now?" Your dad asked innocently.

"WHAAAAT?" You almost choked. You and Kris? Together? Dating? Well, that made you somewhat cringe but somewhere in your heart, it made you flutter.

"No!" You shook your hands and laughed purposely. What are your parents thinking.

"You like my daughter, Kris?" Your dad straightly asked.

Kris rubbed the back of his neck and couldn't look straight to your eyes.

"Uh I don't know..." Kris shyly muttered and chuckled lightly. Does he really like you? He knew for sure that he likes you. But admitting it to your parents? Heck, he didn't even tell his feelings to you yet.

He wasn't ready. He was afraid. What if you do not like him back? 

Rejection is what Kris have been avoiding for. He needed time.

Your eyes widened and your heart skipped a beat. *He doesn't know? I expected him to say 'no' though. What does that mean?*

"Okay. Hana dear, pack your things." Your mom said, standing up from the couch.

*Is Hana going to leave?* Kris thought. You? Leaving? Again? That's the thing he became afraid of. The nightmare. 

"No!" Kris stood up as a smirk formed on your dad's lips.

"And why, Kris?" Your dad asked.

"Are you going back to America?" Kris looked at him.

Your dad chuckled mentally and decided to play along. *I knew Kris likes Hana.*

"Yes." Your dad nodded. You gawked. "Appa! What?!"

"No! Don't leave!" Kris said as he went towards you and slung his arm around your shoulder.

Your mom started to squeal mentally but she kept her serious face on, deciding to play along too.

"I like her." Kris confessed. Kris felt like his dignity got taken away. He kept his cool for a long time. But why did it turn out this way? Somehow, the huge block that was on Kris's heart was lifted and he felt relieved.

Your heart beat fastly. You couldn't move. Kris was so close to you and he said he likes you.

It couldn't be. You've always thought you hated Kris. You thought the both of you are enemies.

But why doesn't it feel like it? 

You felt your heart beating in a different rate. It was unusual.

You tried to let go of his grip but you couldn't bring yourself to do so.

"I like Hana. Please don't leave. I won't let go of her this time." Kris said.

The entire house was quiet. 

The breathing can only be heard.

Moments after, your parents jumped and hugged each other, laughing like a bunch of idiots.

What a mom and dad.

Kris gawked as he suddenly let go of you.

And that was it.

His confession was stolen away by your parents.

You shook your head seeing your parents being happy like that.

You glanced at Kris and gave him a look. You stuck your tongue out and punched him on his sides.

"Yah!" Kris backed away but he loved the moment.

"You're kidding!" You pouted. 

"I am not kidding." Kris said as your parents stopped laughing. Your dad walked towards Kris and patted his shoulder. "I give you my blessing." Your dad nodded and strode towards the door.

"Good luck." Your mom nodded and left after saying, "We were just joking. We're not leaving. In fact, we will start living here already."

"Whaaat?" Kris's mouth gaped open and looked at you in embarrassment.

"Do you mean it, Kris? You really like me?"

"No. I don't like you."

"What?"

"I love you."

 


 

oh my gawwsshhh

sorry for not updating for so long.

Yay! It's my birthday! I hope you can upvote my story. :)

I hope you liked the chapter. Stay tuned.