Chapter 20

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

The alarm clock rang continuosly yet neither of you were waking. It was already 7:00 AM and if both of you got late at school, you'd probably get a detention. Well, who wouldn't wake up if someone slept very late at night already?

Since Kris isn't really a heavy sleeper, he noticed the alarm clock and after a few hesitations, that's when it hit him that the both of you were late.

"Oh ." Kris got up and shook you hard. He realized that you're actually sick so he was wondering if he should wake you up or not.

Should he go to school or just stay by your side and take care of you?

Both sides were arguing but he followed his heart instead. He won't go to school and decided to just stay.

He sighed and just went downstaires to cook for breakfast.

When he was done, he checked up on you and good thing your temperature went down.

He shook you lightly as you woke up. "Why?"

"Clean up and go downstaires to eat breakfast. Don't be sick again." Kris said.

*Don't be sick again.* Those words kept on playing inside your head.

*Well, is he trying to be nice, did he mean it or what?*

"I'm confused, Kris. What's going on?" You asked, your eyebrows creasing.

"What?"

"I mean, yeah, I'm sick and all but... What's wrong with you? What's with the sudden change? Are you doing this just because I'm sick? Or what? I don't really get it."

Kris gulped down as he fidgeted his feet.

Yes, it's true that he has changed. But that was only for the fact that he wanted to be cool and be manly and to not tease you anymore. But is he doing it right? Because for goodness' sake, he really doesn't understand his feelings. If he tease you, you're gonna be annoyed. If he's trying to be nice and kind of cold, you're gonna ask questions what's with him. He doesn't know where he's going to place himself. All he wanted is to get attention from you. For you to notice him for once. 

He's doing anything because he knows that he's just a friend to you. 

But heck, Kris also doesn't get why he's doing it anyway. 

He's also confused. He don't get it. At all.

He's too naive for these.

"I don't know. I'm already like this even when you were still gone. About my personality that you're used to, never mind and forget about it." Kris sternly said. He didn't mean to sound harsh. About his current change, it's all because to the fact that he can't understand what he's feeling.

If he has figured it out, he'll go back to his old self. For now, he's still wondering. He's still in a deep thought.

"Uh okaaaayyy?" You sneered.

 

*******

 

"Nana, we're enemies right?" Kris asked as he played with his toy car.

"Yeah. You're my enemy. But we're friends too!" You said as you also played with cars.

"Okaaay! Frenemies!"

"What's frenemies?"

"I heard it on TV and it says that it means both friends and rivals at the same time."

"Cool. Hey oppa, can you get me a water? I'm thirsty."

"Sure." Kris left as he got a water from the fridge but when he came back, you were gone.

 

*******

 

The nightmare suddenly came into Kris's mind again. He shook his head to shove the memory away.

He saw you sitting in the couch with a boring expression on.

Both of you did not go to school and there's nothing to do inside the house.

An interesting thought came across Kris's mind as he pulled you from the couch.

"Yah! What are you doing?" You asked, half irritated.

"We're going out and have fun! Hehehe!" Kris laughed whole heartedly.

*Does he have moodswings? Just a while ago, he was kind of cold, and now...* You thought but just followed him instead.

He was holding your hands as the both of you went towards the bus station.

"You're suspicious, Kris. I don't get you at all." You chuckled. 

"Nah! I'll bring you somewhere fun!" Kris smiled. His eyes didn't show any hint of playfulness. It only showed softness which made your heart thump.

 

 


 

 

Just a quick update to keep intact with you all.

I have a new story. I hope you can subscribe if you liked the plot. :)

The Prank Princess