Chapter 27

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

"What's up with you? Why are we here?" You looked around. It was the first time you got into the rooftop and somehow, you came to like it. It was peaceful and people do not really go there. Perfect for someone who wants to relax or clear his or her mind off. The fresh air added the weather to be relaxing. But of course, the pond is still your favorite hangout place in school.

"I don't know... Let's..." Kris turned around, not facing you.

"Let's what?"

"Let's talk." Kris said.

"We're already talking." You said in a matter-of-fact tone. You were a bit skeptical as to what was happening to Kris. He was being unusual. He was being unfomcortable and you knew there's something happening to him. Something was bothering him.

You held onto the railings and you saw the whole view of the school. It is indeed really big. You stretched your arms out wide to feel the fresh air.

"What's your relationship with that dude?" Kris asked, moving closer to you.

"Why do you care? It's none of your business." You said. You didn't mean to sound harsh since you were just obviously telling the truth. Why in the world would Kris care about who you are being with, right?

"Psssh. Whatever. That's right. I don't care!" Kris exclaimed as he felt the bushes move from the corner. Kris turned around but saw no one.

*Strange.* Kris thought as he pouted.

Kris turned around once again and his eyes darted to the moving bushes at the corner.

You noticed it too and followed Kris. 

"What was that?" You wondered.

Kris halted to a stop as he bit his lower lip when he saw that different hairstyles that he's familiar with. 

*Why the heck are they doing here?!*

"Yah!!!" Kris shouted and the bushes seemed to not move anymore. "Come out! I know you guys are there!"

Slowly, you watched guys come out of the bushes one by one when you noticed Lay too.

"Oh! Lay!" You beamed.

"H-hi!" Lay awkwardly greeted you. He scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"I never knew you're a stalker..." You mumbled, somewhat amazed. Lay is a silent guy who would never do things like that.

"I-I'm no-not! I just got dragged away into this!" He defended himself as he shot a look to his other members.

"Mind explaining to me, Xiu..." Kris leaned closer. "Min...?" He asked, emphasizing Xiumin's name. He looked at Xiumin in a taunting way. He knew it was Xiumin who started it.

That straight poker face of Kris made the whole group into a silent mode.

"I-I was just curious!" Xiumin said.

*Oh shoot. I told Xiumin and Luhan about my feelings right? Pssshhh.* Kris thought as he mentally slapped himself.

"Now I know who's your girl! Bwahahaha! Pretty girl, huh?" Xiumin looked at you from head to toe as he his lower lip.

You gave him a look in disgust.

Kris saw Xiumin's y expression. He got really irritated as a gush of anger went through him.

"Yah!" Kris shouted in anger. He never likes it when guys check out on you.

"Hehehe. Just kidding. Stop being over protective, Kris." Xiumin laughed as he grabbed a bun from his bag and went to the corner to eat it.

You chuckled at Xiumin's sudden change of mood when it comes to food.

"So Kris, you better introduce us to your girl." Tao wriggled his eyebrows and eyed you from head to toe. "Great choice you got there. Very gorgeous." Tao added.

"Wait wait wait!" You raised both of your hands. "What's going on here?" You asked in confusion. You wondered why they kept on telling you're Kris's girl and such.

"Aren't you Kris's girlfriend?" Luhan asked. For the first time, you heard his voice. It was soft and calming. You were dazed until the question finally hit you.

"What?! No! I'm not!" You hissed. 

"But... what about the addicting lip—" Kris put a hand over Luhan's mouth to stop him from talking. "Gjhhrmmm...lipppsss" Luhan said incoherent words when Tao finally noticed it.

Tao, as the master of martial arts, master of wushu, and most of all, the master of skinship, grinned from ear to ear.

"Her lips are addicting?! Can I taste it too?" Tao looked at you and went closer. You were frozen on your state and you tried to keep calm.

"Yah!!!" Kris let go of Luhan and stopped Tao from leaning towards you. 

"Back off, man!" Kris said.

You were surprised by Kris's over protectiveness as if he's a boyfriend of yours or something. 

Your gaze darted to Chen, who was being silent of all time. You smiled at him and Chen couldn't believe his eyes. Chen nervously looked away and awkwardly smiled back.

And Lay, who was sharing buns with Xiumin, didn't have to go near to listen to the conversation since he heard it all clearly. All because of his precious awesome ears.

"Don't you think our Kris have finally fallen in love?" Xiumin asked, munching his bun.

"Yeah. I think so too. I wouldn't be surprised if he has fallen in love with Hana. Hana is such a great girl. She's so pretty and cute too... and that smile of hers... it's really..."

"Yah! You're describing her as if you like her!"

"What? Nooo!"

"And I'm sensing something fishy here... how did you know her?"

"Oh... I met her at the pond. She was talking to a kitty. How cute!" Lay didn't say about you living in the same roof as Kris. Lay keeps promises. He knows his limit.

"You like her, don't you?" Xiumin asked, studying Lay's expression.

"No!!! I don't liker her!!!" 

"Aish!" Xiumin stole Lay's bun and ate it in one shot. "Yummy buns~ Heaven~"

*I don't like her, right? I know I don't... I was just stating the truth... Her smile is the prettiest in the worl— Wait, nooo! Why am I acting this way?* Lay thought.