xii.

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

Chapter twelve

 

      All of them looked at each other. Their eyebrows were furrowed and curiosity was spread on their faces except for Kris. Kris was totally nervous as he looked at his friends' expressions which were asking, "Did you hear what I've just heard?" They didn't know if they were just dreaming or if there was a ghost in Kris's room. It sounded too real to be true. Tao, who happened to land his gaze towards Kris's computer screen, thought something. It was open but it was on its standby mode.

      "Kris, are you perhaps..." Tao looked at Kris in a weird way.

      "Wh-what?" Kris rolled his eyes, still nervous about the whole thing.

      "For sure, we heard a groan..." Chen wondered, his eyes landing on where Tao was looking at.

      "No... it's not just a groan..." Xiumin looked at Kris as he scrutinized his face carefully. Sarcasm and a hint of playfulness were shown on the boys' faces.

       "Wh-why are you looking at me like that?" Kris nervously asked and gulped down.

      "I think we've just heard a moan," Tao gave Kris a cheeky smile, "you're watching por---" Before Tao could say it out loud, Kris cut him off. "No! You guys are driving me nuts! Shut up about the nasty thoughts!" Kris hastily went towards his computer and turned the switch off. He became nervous even more as he gazed at the bed. Don't freaking make a noise, Nana.

      "Oh, let's go! Let's leave this room." Kris suddenly changed the topic. But for sure, Lay and the other members heard something unusual.

      "Oh~ Our leader Kris is a grown man now~" Xiumin sang as the other members playfuly nudged his shoulders, teasing him while making their way downstaires..

      On the other hand, Lay looked at the bed once again before leaving the room.

 

▲▼▲▼

 

      "So guys, what are you up to?" Kris started as he pulled a jar of juice from the refrigerator. Chen helped him up and took six glasses from the counter.

      "Oh, we were really bored and decided to go to your house. There's really nothing to do this weekend." Tao said.

      "But there's nothing to do here at my house. You'll just die from boredom." Kris rolled his eyes and sighed.

      "Well, that's the reason." Luhan muttered.

      "What do you mean?"

      "Your parents are out of town right?"

      "Yeah. Why?"

      "Let's hold a party!"

      "Wh-what?!" Kris spat his drink. The members laughed at Kris's facial expression. They all knew he wasn't the type of a party guy. But what could they do? They were really bored to death.

      "You guys know that my parents won't allow that."

      "Just this once, Kris!" Tao pouted and smirked evily. That super magical power that no one could ever resist. "Buing~ buing~"

      "Ahh! Don't do that, Tao!" Kris glared at him and pushed him away.

      The silent members, Luhan and Lay, who were comfortably sitting on the couch suddenly laughed. "There they go again..." Luhan said. "Yeah." Lay nodded as they both watched Kris and Tao bicker.

      "Maybe next time." Kris gave them his deadpan expression as everyone went silent and did not look at Kris, afraid of getting punished in no time. Tao, who was clinging onto Kris's shirt, suddenly let go of him and went behind Chen.

      "Hide me, Chen..." Tao whispered in a very low tone as the members chuckled.

 

▲▼▲▼

 

      "Are they gone now?" You muttered and carefully looked outside while underneath the bed. When you saw that the coast was clear and the door was closed, you crawled onto the floor and stood up. You dusted your shirt and shorts as you removed the tangles of your hair.

      "That was an epic fail experience." You mumbled. Suddenly, the image of Kris's weapon of destruction stumbled upon your mind again. It was long and huge. You were going crazy because of the y thoughts as the image played on your mind again.

      "Ahhh! I'm going crazy!" You messed your hair as you slumped yourself down the bed, making a loud thud.

 

▲▼▲▼

 

      "What was that?" Lay asked. Sure, Lay's hearing was definitely great and he could even hear thuds.

      "Why, Lay?" Kris asked as he sat beside him.

      "I keep on hearing things..."

      Nervousness gushed through Kris again. I told you to keep quiet, Nana. Kris dramatically rolled his eyes. "You probably have some ear wax, Lay. Don't say such non sense things..." Kris patted Lay on his shoulder as he got up and went to talk to the other members.

      Lay couldn't help but to go upstairs since he was really curious. He was sure it wasn't just some kind of a video playing on Kris's computer earlier. The sound was real and he was sure it came underneath the bed. He heard some grumbles coming from a girl as he carefully listened to it. He followed where the voice was coming from. What was that? Lay curiously asked himself. 

      He stopped in front of Kris's door and he was sure there was some girl inside it. Kris is hiding a girl from us? He carefully opened Kris's door. And there, he saw you lying on the bed while waddling your feet in annoyance. 

      "Kim... Hana?"