Chapter 21

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

"Where are you bringing me, Kris?" You asked as you looked at the bus's window. The weather was nice and people were strolling and having fun. Mostly, there were couples who were dating and old people who were buying at the market.

The clouds were covering the sun’s heavy rays. The weather was perfect and it wasn’t really cold nor hot. Just perfect for people who wanna have some fun.

And this time, Kris expects this day shall turn out really great.

“I told you somewhere fun.” Kris said, leaning towards the window to see a better view.

“It looks good, isn’t it?” Kris asked, smiling at the view. You looked at him and his expressions are surreal. It’s natural. They’re from the heart. Or at least that’s what you have thought.

Kris turned to look at you as you avoided his eye contact, embarrassed of being caught.

“Why are you staring at me?” He smiled. A natural smile that made your heart move a hundred times than its usual rate.

“I-I’m not!” You darted your gaze at the window and Kris still isn’t moving away.

“Can you please move uh... away? You’re so close!” You exclaimed. Kris smirked and leaned closer.

He won’t tease you anymore. He knows his limit now.

Your eyes widened as you held your breath.

Kris leaned closer and looked sternly into your eyes.

You closed your eyes, thinking he would kiss you.

Only the chatters of people from the bus and the sound of the vehicle can be heard.

When is that kiss going to happen? It’s taking so long.

But when you half opened your eyes, he wasn’t near you anymore. He was there, laughing like an idiot.

“Yo-you thought I was going to kiss you? Bwahahahah!”

You were about to die in embarrassment as you facepalmed yourself.

*Stupid. Stupid stupid Hana.*

“But you were leaning so so so so so close just then!” You shouted as people started to look at your away.

“Mehrong!” Kris stucked his tongue out as two girls started to giggle at Kris’s way.

“He’s so cute!”

“He’s so handsome and look at that biceps of him. Omo omo! So manly!”

"Does he have a girlfriend?" The two girls shifted their gazes towards your way. They pouted. "She's not bad. She's actually prettier than us! Huhuhu!" The other one faked a cry.

You and Kris heard the conversation as you chuckled. "Elementary girls nowadays..." You sneered.

"Nana~" Kris called.

You didn't want to look at his way because somehow, you got a bit irritated at how those girls reacted when they saw Kris. You know you shouldn't be acting this way but you couldn't help it! You do not know why either.

"Nana~"

"What?"

"We're here."

"Oh--"