xix.

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

Chapter nineteen

 

      Kris went upstairs as he started to stay by your side and take care of you. It was already night yet your temperature still hadn't go down and it worried him. About the feelings that he was experiencing, he just shove those away and went with the flow. He didn't want to ruin everything just because of those feelings. He was sitting on the floor with his arms rested on the bed. He laid his head down and stared at your sleeping face.

      Your face was peaceful and it didn't have any hint of annoyance like it always did. You stirred on your sleep and slowly, your eyes opened and the first thing you saw was Kris's beautiful orbs which were staring intently at you.

      "H-hey. You're awake." Kris said. The kissing scene suddenly flashed on his mind. He looked at your lips and he admit that it was luscious. Temptation was calling him but it was wrong. He was not allowed to kiss you in the first place. First, you and him were not in terms of a relationship. Second, he was still confused about his feelings.

      "Yeah." You got up and your head ached. You closed your eyes and touched your temple.

      "Are you alright?" Kris helped you sit up as he touched your forehead. Fortunately, it went down a little.

      "Yeah I'm alright. Did you stay here while I was sleeping?"

      Kris gave you a tender smile, "Yup."

      "Why?" You were touched by his actions and somehow, you were unusual to the things he had been doing. Your heart was fluttered.

      "Do you want me to leave you then?"

      "No... it's just that... Are you mad at me? It's because... you're not teasing me anymore. It's kind of... unusual?"

      "Do you want me to tease you then?"

      "No... uh... I don't know... it's just... you know... I'm not used to it."

      Kris smiled. "I won't tease you anymore." *Because there's another way...* 

      Kris got up from the floor and sat next to you. His heart was beating fast. The feelings were starting to grow heavier and it was too much.

      "Do you want me to make you dinner?"

      "No."

      "Then what do you want?"

      "J-just st-stay he-here..." You stuttered. Kris's eyes widened and the feelings went beyond worse. It was too overwhelming. You didn't even know why you were acting this way. It wasn't so you but your heart was telling you that you needed someone beside you.

      Kris's heart pumped fast. He was so happy. At the same time, he totally had no clue about it or why he was even acting that way.

      Kris smiled. "Alright. I'll stay by your side until you fall asleep again."