v.

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

Chapter five

 

      You were at Kris's house, catching up with the happenings that you have missed.

      “So Hana, how’s school?” Mrs. Wu asked while arranging the plates on the table.

      “It’s good. I didn’t really get to go in classes because the teacher excused Kris and I. He’s my school buddy which means he’ll be touring me around at school and teach me and just some stuff like that.” You said while eating your donut.

      “And there’s this guy who is really handsome! He’s so kind. He’s my first friend at school.” You hugged Mrs. Wu from behind. You were really close to the Wu family and Mrs. Wu was like your best friend. Whenever Kris would do things that made you cry, Mrs. Wu would always scold him and comfort you. That was how your relationship with his family began.

      “That’s great, then.” Mrs. Wu smiled.

      “You’re fangirling over him again?” Kris irritatingly said and rolled his eyes dramatically. He was pissed. First, you've been talking about Lay ever since. Second, it had to be his best friend.

      “Why? Don’t tell me you’re jealous?” You grabbed an ice cream from the refrigerator once you had finished your donut. You love food and no matter how many times you eat, you do not get fat. Thank your fast metabolism for that. 

      “Me? Jealous? No way.” Kris snatched the ice cream that you were holding and nudged you hard, making you stumble.

      “Yah! Give me that back!”

     “Who says you’re eating this? This is mine!”

      “But I got it first!”

      “I bought it first! Shut up pig!”

      "But it's cookies and cream!" You suddenly remembered the memory with Kris. It was the time when you were playing with him and he got a cookies and cream flavored ice cream. That was also the time when you found out you were leaving.

      “You jerk! You're not gentleman!” You stomped your feet in annoyance and went to the living room to watch TV instead. Pouting, you changed the channels while pressing the buttons of the remote control hard.

      “Hana, you can stay over here until your parents go back,” Mr. Wu sat next to you.

      “Eh? It’s okay. I’ll just be a burden.”

      “It’s alright, Hana. You’re alone in your house. That’s not nice. What if a went inside your house? It’s better to be safe than sorry.” Mr. Wu grabbed the remote control from you and changed the channel.

      “Alright then. I’ll just pack my things tomorrow.”

      “Good girl.” Mr. Wu patted your head and gave you a fatherly smile.

      “Wait what? Nana is going to live here?” Kris asked as he sat next to you. You were in the middle of them. His father nodded and Kris rolled his eyes.

      “Why do I have to live with this idiot?” Kris slumped onto the couch. 

      “There’s no room for her already. The guest room upstairs is already occupied with junks.” Kris his ice cream. You stared at Kris and how he the ice cream. He looked hot once again and you realized you were staring for a long time so you got out of the trance and noticed that Kris was staring at you too.

      “You’re staring at me. I saw it with my own eyes.” Kris said, his lip slowly. It was like time went into slow motion and you were hardly breathing from his y actions.

      “I’m not! And you. You’re staring at me too.”

      “I’m just looking at how you stare at me.” Kris avoided your gaze and watched TV. All of you were watching peacefully until Mr. Wu ruined the moment.

      “Kris, Hana will room with you.” Mr. Wu said. Both your eyes widened and the thought of it made you cringe. There was no way you would room with a jerk like him!

      “WHAT?” The two of you hastily got up from your seats and looked at each other in disbelief.

      “Why?” Kris threw tantrums like a little child and devil horns were forming on his head. He was beginning to look red. Who knew he was angry or actually blushing?

       “You said there’s no room for her anymore.” Mr. Wu chuckled. These kids… they really are quarelling a lot. They should bond.

      “Oops. You can’t change the decision anymore, Kris. It’s either you let her in her house alone or you stay in the same room with her. Your choice.” Mr. Wu left the living room while laughing. Mrs. Wu also laughed. It was like they were planning something and their evil laughs almost scared you.

      Kris glared at you. You wouldn’t budge on your position due to the shock that you’ve got. I’m staying in the same room as Kris? No!