i.

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

Chapter one

 

      After seven years of being in America, you’d become really pretty and matured. Your old self, the boyish and clumsy petite girl, had changed. In a good way, though. Indeed, there were tons of guys who were swooning over you but it made you uneasy. You weren't used to it. Truth be told, you didn't do anything to become 'that' pretty at all. Let's say puberty made you like that. Receiving endless compliments, it was nice but it got pretty tiring too. Even though you felt like that, your humbleness about yourself still never left you – which was a good thing.

      You were finally back in Korea, the country that you’d missed a lot. You had your yellow mini dress with your pastel pink headband on. Being the type of girl who didn't like wearing high heels, you partnered it up with a pair of converse. You were carrying your suitcase which was also pink. It was girly but somehow, you made a promise that you would start taking care of your looks. Before, you were just someone who didn't care of what you looked like, going to school without combing your hair, clothes messed up, and never even bothered removing your eye booger.

      You could feel stares from people. It was a bit uncomfortable but they probably thought you were an actress based on your looks. But just because you had grown prettier doesn’t mean you’d changed your old traits. You had been keeping those traits for seven years and you couldn’t wait to show it to the almighty king of bullying, Kris.

      Speaking of Kris, how’s that guy? I wonder how he looks like now. Sure, he's still a dork. You smiled at the thought. You missed him, but you would never admit that or else it would be equivalent to saying that you had lost against him. You called for a taxi and asked the driver to go to your old neighborhood. It’s been a while. You sighed, remembering those memories with Kris, that jerk who only wanted to tease and bully you. The taxi halted to a stop and you finally saw your old house. You paid the taxi driver and got your suitcase back from the trunk.

     You came alone because your parents had something to do in New York for business. As you got your keys from your bag, you slid it into the keyhole. You heard a creek and you opened the door. Everything was neat and all of the furniture was in place just like how you’d left them. You went to your room and unpacked your things. You glanced at Kris’s window and memories flashed back on your mind. It’s good to be back and have my revenge, Mr. Kris. You smirked and an image of Kris with his usual nerdy spectacles played in your head. You heard the doorbell ring so you hastily went downstairs and opened the gate. You were surprised to see Mr. and Mrs. Wu with tupperwares on their hands.

      “Welcome back, Hana!” they beamed. You were touched at their sincerity. Kris's parents were like your second parents. Growing up with them was really fun and the bond between your families was strong.

      “Wow! Look at this girl. Very beautiful just like her mother! We heard from your dad that you’re coming back so we decided to come and visit.” Mrs. Wu said. You let them come in as Mrs. Wu gave you a tight hug. She was a beautiful woman and you wouldn't be able to tell what her age actually was.

      “Here's the food that we made. I hope you like it.” Mr. Wu put the tupperwares on the table and gave you a fatherly pat on the shoulder.

      “Thank you so much. You didn’t have to,” 

      “It’s alright, young lady. Eat it well, okay? You can come over to our house just in case you're hungry,” Mrs. Wu gave you a smile and added, “You’re coming to school tomorrow, right? I’ll just ask Kris to take you on a tour there. Good bye, dear.”

      You waved them a goodbye and closed the gates. I’m gonna be in the same school as Kris? Again? You smirked once again. You couldn’t wait to see him and make fun of him this time. Or say, get your revenge on him, annoy him to death like what he used to do to you.