Chapter 40

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

"Here, kitty kitty..." You fed the cat after you and Lay finished lunch. You and him were at the pond, enjoying the scenery. It was peaceful and only the chirping of the birds could be heard.

"Are you okay now, Zhang Yi Xing?" You asked as his eyes widened in surprise. His heart beat fast and looked at you. "How did you..."

"Ah... I saw it on the teacher's students list. Nice name, man!" You nudged him playfully.

"So... are you okay now?" You asked while examining his eyes.

"Yeah. Thanks to you. And oh, I just wanted to say sorry again. I even bothered you." He placed his long arm around you and smiled, showing his dimples. "Your dimples are cute, Lay. And nah... stop saying sorry. I'm happy you're okay now. That's all I ever wanted."

Lay felt touched by what you said. "If only... if only you feel the same way about me... Phew!" Lay blew his bangs away. The topic suddenly changed. "So... is there any progress with you and Kris now?"

"What are you talking about?! Why Kris?" You pouted and wondered why everyone around you kept on pushing you to Kris.

"Are you too oblivious or just plain naive?" Lay shook his head. "Everyone sees the atmosphere between you two. It's like the both of you are a married couple, fighting over simple things..." He chuckled and watched the cat eat the leftover food.

"I don't get you all. Yes, he may have feelings for me... but I don't know about me." You lowered down your head.

"You do have feelings for him. You just don't realize nor maybe even notice it. Aigoo. But I guess I you should be the one to find it out. It's not my case, honestly speaking."

"I do have feelings for him? But-" You weren't sure what you were feeling. First, you never experienced falling in love. Second, you never got into a relationship. So it was hard for you to know.

"How will I know?" You looked up and stared at Lay's handsome face, hoping for a response.

Suddenly, a voice broke the moment. "Get your hands off my girlfriend, Zhang. Yi. Xing." He emphasized each words, his teeth gritting in irrition.

The both of you looked to who it was and was surprised to see Kris with his poker face expression.

"Kris!" You got up from the bench. "WHAT? YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!" You asked him in disbelief as you looked at Lay but what he only did was to smirk at Kris. Lay gave you an encouraging nod and bid goodbye to the cat.

"I'm not taking your 'girlfriend' away from you. Calm down, man." Lay patted Kris's shoulder as Kris glared at him menacingly. "But your arm was wrapped around her just then! I am not blind! And what the hell! Hana's mom said she saw both of you kissing! Just by thinking of it makes me want to puke and it hurts me!" Kris started to rant endlessly as you stared at him and listened carefully. Your heart beat in such a manner and you couldn't help but feel touched by what he was saying. Was he really hurt that way?

Suddenly, one of his words hit you to a realization. "Me and Lay never kissed!"

"Yep. We never kissed." Lay nodded in agreement.

"WHAT?! Then..." Kris stared at the ground in embarrassment. He then thought about your mom's fake acting.*Aigoo omonim! How can you do this to me?! You were lying!*

"Is that so..." Kris just rubbed the back of his neck and he couldn't look straight to your eyes.

"You were being so hyper. Wow. Do you love me that much?" You teased as Kris finally looked at you. He leaned in and shot you a look. "Yeah, I love you that much. Happy?!" Kris rolled his eyes as Lay began to laugh.

"Bye. I think I'm intruding you both. Well, in the first place, it was actually me and Hana's date. It was you who intruded to our date." Lay looked at Kris in a playful manner. "But, I really don't mind." With that, Lay walked away.

"Lay!" You were about to stop him when someone stopped you from behind.

Your heart beat really fast and you were unable to move. You couldn't fathom what you really feel. Everything was mixed into one emotion.

Kris was hugging you from behind with his chin resting on your shoulder.

"Don't make me worry again. I was afraid." Kris hugged you tighter as your eyes widened as big as saucers.

There it went again. The heart beat.

"I was afraid to lose you. I panicked when your mom lied saying the both of you are kissing and are finally together! You don't know how much I-"

You cut him off as you turned around and faced him. You placed both of your hands on his cheeks to calm him down.

"Stop worrying already. I'm fine, alright. We're not together. Actually... I think he likes me. But I don't feel the same way about him."

Kris looked at you in full of hope. "Really?"

"Yes." You nodded and put your hands down to your sides.

Hastily, Kris grabbed your hand and placed it onto his chest.

"Do you feel it?" He asked as you blushed heavily. You felt shivers and the feeling couldn't be expressed into words. What was happening?

"Yeah. Your heart beat is drumming inside your chest." You said, not understanding what was going on.

"It only beats like that whenever I'm around you, Hana." The both of you was lost into each other and neither cared about the outside world. It was only you and him.

Out of the picture, Lay smiled.

"I didn't mean to hear them! It's just my hearing skills! Aw, man! How sweet those two are!"

Lay chuckled and looked at the sky. "I feel happy now."