xv.

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

 

Chapter fifteen

 

      It had been fifteen minutes since the both of you were in the supermarket. In that short amount of time, the cart had already no space for the ingredients left. The purpose on going to the market was to shop for the ingredients to cook for lunch, not for the snacks. Slowly, you became irritated and annoyed. The cart was full of junk foods and it was like a mountain that was about to have a landslide. You rolled your eyes in irritation. Kris noticed it but he kept his cool.

      "You're gonna pay for that." You said as you went to get another cart again.

      "What? No! Let's just have these as our breakfast, lunch, and dinner." He gave you a smile.

      "With those junks? Do you want to die early?"

      "Oh... are you worried?"

      "Me? Worried? Duh, I can even kill you if you want me to." You pushed the cart and went to get the ingredients for the dishes that you'll make. Good thing you listed what to buy on a list. Kris intentionally followed you, pushing his own cart that was full of junk foods.

      "Nana," Kris sang, trying to get your attention. You didn't bother looking at him since you were so pissed at him. 

      Did I go overboard? Kris thought and sighed in defeat. At that moment, he didn't talk to you anymore. He put the cart away and left it on a corner. Kris trailed behind you with his sad expression. Looks like she has gotten enough. I shouldn't be acting this way. I'm not a kid anymore. Kris thought as he behaved himself while following behind you.

I don't really tease girls except you, Nana. I just missed you a lot that's why I'm making fun out of you. But, did I cross the line already? Kris wondered, his gaze looking at your back. When she was away, I do not really talk to people except for EXO-M and my family. I only talk if it's necessary. Should I become like that again? But then, Nana is already here. I do not have to do that. I'm already happy. But she's annoyed to me. It's all my fault. Tons of random thoughts were playing on Kris's head. He was thinking hard that he didn't see where he was going to, accidentally bumping onto your back. Waking up from the reality, he purposely coughed to ease the tension he was feeling.

      "Sorry." Kris apologized without looking your way. You glanced at him, surprised to see him not having his cart anymore.

      "Where's your cart?"

      "I left it." Kris answered without any expression. You looked at him and you weren't used to the personality he just showed. You shrugged and just proceeded to the grocery shopping. The entire time with Kris on the market was silent. It was unusual for Kris to do that but he realized that there was no point on bullying you anymore. The time before was different.

      And at that moment... There was another way to get your attention. He smirked and gazed at your retreating back.