Chapter 22

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

"Where are you bringing me, Kris?" You stared at him in confusion. 

"Let's go!" He grabbed your shoulders with his both hands and started to push you towards to who knows where.

You rolled your eyes and proceeded to play along with his mini game anyhow.

"You know what, Kris? I don't know where I'm walking to anymore!" You complained.

"Nah! Just follow me." He let go of your shoulders and went beside you as he grabbed your hand and walked faster, pulling you along.

You sighed in annoyance. He was being bipolar, okay! You bet tomorrow, he'll be into another personality again.

Well, that's how he is anyway.

And for what seemed like an eternity for walking so long, he stopped and you almost bumped onto his back. 

"We're here!" He beamed like a kid. Well, he really is acting different today.

You stared at the place and you guffawed. "What? You're bringing me to an arcade?"

"Yep! Let's have some fun!" He pulled you inside when you took interest of a game.

"Woah! Let's play that!" You went towards it as Kris followed behind.

"Sure!" He was glad you actually liked it. Anyhow, his heart seemed to be a little bit of ease. About bringing you here, he just hoped those weird feelings would go away. And now, he thinks it's becoming even more weirder! Yes, his heart may seem to be on ease now but in some matters, he couldn't help but place his hand on his chest. Something was drumming on his chest miraculously and he seemed fazed about it.

"Yo Kris! Whaddup? Game on!" You signaled him to sit as he put some tokens on the machine. Before the game was about to start, he paused for a second and looked at you.

"Hey! Let's have a bet!" He grinned.

"Sure thingo." You nodded, staring intently at the screen.

"What about... if I win this game, I'll rent two bikes at Han river and we'll have fun!" He beamed, looking at your expression.

"What? Of course sure. But really? Are you out of your mind? You're being... kinda cheesy you know. It's so so so not like you!" You gave him a look.

"Hahahaha! No. I think it'll be fun, though."

"Alright."

"Then if you win, you'll trea---" Kris was cut off when you interrupted him.

"Do not say 'You'll treat me' because you literally dragged me out of the house without me even changing clothes. I do not have some money with me."

"Ohkaaayyy." Kris felt a bit upset about dragging you out of the house just earlier.

"I'll just owe you one." You said as the game finally started.

Both of you focused on the screen seriously, too engrossed about the play. Both minds were telling that each should win. After minutes of the battle, expectedly Kris have won. He's a guy afterall and he has experiences on things like these. 

"Bwahahaha! I won!" Kris jumped up with joy.

You were too disappointed about yourself.

"Let's have another game!" You insisted.

"No problemooo!" 

After millions of game overs that you got, you finally gave up. It's not your thing. Boy games aren't your thing.

"Alright alright. I lose." 

"Wahahaha! Let's go biking!" He dragged you again while holding your hand. The both of you were running as you stared at your hand which was being held by Kris. It felt nice inside your heart. Somehow, you have grown to like him a very very very very little bit. Like a pinch of sugar. You just liked him because... there's no really a practical reason. Your heart just tells you that you like him a very little bit.

 

*******

 

Kris hired two bikes. A blue for him and a pink one for you. Everyone might mistake that both of you are dating but in reality, you actually aren't.

A girl passed by you two after saying, "What a lovely couple!"

Kris pinked as he looked at the ground, blushing.

The word 'couple' made him smile. Kris started the bike off and strolled around the Han river. You followed after as you enjoyed the fresh air. 

*Sometimes, I don't get him at all. One time, he'd be really annoying. Other time, he'd be kind of lonely... Then this time, say what?! He's cute and adorable and that smile of his... OH GOSH WHAT THE HELL?! What am thinking? What? Cute? Adorable? Aish! I must've been really out of my mind. How could I think of that...* Your bike stumbled down because your mind was wandering off. Kris noticed it as he immediately stopped biking and went towards you.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah. You know what? I'm so not used to your kind personality! Ugh." You tried to get up when you caught a glance of your bruised knee. Kris followed your gaze and immediately felt that unusual feeling.

"Wait for me. I'll buy you a band aid."

"Eh?" You scratched your head in confusion.

*Since when did Kris have become nice? When we were kids, he would usually just leave me behind but he would ask me if I'm alright... now... he's getting a band aid for me?*

You pouted but liked his new personality a very very little bit.

While waiting patiently, your eyes stumbled upon a very familiar person.

Your eyes widened really big when you recognized that ahjumma hair of that person.

Your heart made this little flip flops.

The person turned around as that person arranged the thick framed glasses on the eyes.

Your eyes widened more. Your eye balls were like ping pongs.

But then, Kris came back holding two drinks with his lips holding onto the band aid.

Well, that was hot.

"Hey, I'm ba---" 

"OH MY GOD, HANA? IS THAT YOU? OH MY GOSH. I KNEW IT WAS YOU WHEN I NOTICED THAT PRETTY GIRL SITTING ON THE BENCH. OH MY GOODNESS. I'M SO HAPPY YOU KNOW THAT I FINALLY GET TO SPEND A LOOOOOOT OF TIME WITH YOU LIKE WE USED TO! KYAAAAA! I MI---"

Kris gave the person a stupefied look and the person didn't mind him.

"MISSED YOU SO FREAKING MUCH!!!" The person hugged you tight, twirling around and tightening it even more. The person was tall so you couldn't place your feet on the ground.

Well, that ached Kris's heart for a minute there...