Chapter 23

Kris, The Stupid Jerk

If anyone could imagine, Kris was holding two cups with his both hands and also holding the band aid with his lips with that stupefied expression of his. He looked really uncomfortable to watch.

He was too irritated to whoever that guy was.

"Hyung! We need to go now!" Someone at a far place waved and called his hyung.

"Oh, yeah! Wait a minute!" He shouted back.

Damn that low voice of his. It made Kris kind of agitated.

"BYE, HANA! I'LL SEE YOU THEN!" He beamed and kissed your cheek.

Well, did that giant guy just kissed your cheek? Who are you to him that he even kissed your cheek?

Kris was now boiling with anger. He tried to clench his fists but remembered that he was holding cups.

If only he could squeeze them...

There you are, looking dumbfounded while staring at the guy's retreating back.

Is he really back?

Or did he follow you here at Korea?

"Ehem ehem." Kris coughed purposely despite of the band aid on his lips.

You then finally noticed Kris and stared at him for a moment.

"Puahahahaha!" You laughed. 

Kris gave you a questioning look. "What?"

"Are you alright? Look at your situation right now... hahahaha!" You chuckled. That really made you happy.

He looked really funny. Kris is a tall guy. Everyone thinks he's so manly but if anyone could picture what he looked like right now, it was really hilarious.

Kris creased his eyebrows and gave you a cup of drink.

"Thanks." The both of you sat down at the bench as you sipped on the cup. Kris put down his cup and stood up, benting down near your level.

Your eyes widened in surprise. What is happening?

"What are you doing?" You asked. It actually looked like he was proposing or something.

Kris got the band aid that was stuck between his lips and opened it.

He bent down nearer to your knee's level and put the band aid on it.

That simple touch made you feel fireworks forming above your head. You were really touched by that simple gesture of his. 

It was really so gentleman of him.

"Thank you, Wu fan."

And that was the first time he actually heard you call him by his real name. It was his softest spot. Never did his friends tried calling him in his real name.

And at that precise moment, those weird feelings became worse than ever.

 

*******

 

You and Kris were walking back home. The sun was already setting down.

It was awkward but Kris was in his deep thoughts.

"Hey..." Kris called.

"Hmmm?"

"Who's that guy?" Kris asked.

"What guy?" You wondered as it hit you. "Oh! Chanyeol oppa?"

Oppa.

That made him cringe. He wonder what it feels like being called 'Oppa' too.

"Yes." Kris kept his blank face on.

"Oh nothing really. He's uh... uhm is it really necessary to tell?" You asked, a bit unsure.

"Gah. Nevermind. Then don't tell it to me! It's not like I care anyway!" Kris stomped his feet as he fastened his pace.

You lightly chuckled at his childishness.

You don't get why you always laugh at whatever Kris is doing now. But then, you thought it was funny.

His cute poker face on... sometimes his pout... 

He's really cute even if it's not really his definition.

"Yah!" You called but Kris didn't turn to look at you.

"Let's go! We'll watch fireworks! I heard there's a celebration at the park today and they'll be having fireworks. I know a place where it looks good to be watched!" *Just like the old times...*

"Aha! I knew it! You don't have to tell me! We used to watch it together when we were young!" Kris's mood suddenly lightened up. And there goes his moodswings again. Is Kris having a period or what?

The two of you went inside your house. It's been a while since you got there.

The both of you made your way towards the stairs and climbed up into the rooftop.

And just like the old times, the both of you laid there, watching the sun set down.

You had to wait an hour in order to watch the fireworks. It didn't really matter.

Just watching the sun set makes a good intro already.

It has been an hour and it was already night. Through the hour, you and Kris were usually having small talks until the fireworks suddenly showed up.

It was really great. You turned to look at Kris and looks like he was enjoying it.

You stared at his face, scrutinizing each of his facial features. His appearance when he was still a kid suddenly popped out on your mind. He was really dorky back then but now... he's like a perfection.

"Quit staring at me." Kris muttered.

Oh did you just get caught?

You felt embarrassed once again just like at the bus scene earlier.

Kris looked at you and you were having a face-to-face with him.

His orbs were intently staring at you. There was a meaning behind it but you couldn't figure out.

It was unusual to see him with that eyes.

Without knowing, Kris leaned towards you making your heart beat in a way.

The fireworks were still there.

And at the moment you were so close to each other, his eyes were like taking your soul away.

You were rigid. You couldn't move and you had to hold your breath.

Kris doesn't know why he was acting this way. It wasn't so him! It was like something makes him like this.

Kris's gaze turned to your lips. You noticed it and you felt even more nervous. *What's this guy going to do now?* You asked your self mentally.

Without absolutely knowing, Kris unexpectedly kissed you.

Your eyes widened really big. You looked at him and his eyes were closed! What the hell was happening to him?

*It feels great. My heart is now at ease.* Kris thought as he didn't think about letting go.

*I guess this is the way to make my heart comfortable?* Kris thought as he finally pulled back, leaving you absolutely shocked.

"I really like kissing!" He beamed while you were still on your state of delusion. This guy. Does he even know what he's saying?

"Wh-what ki-kissing? I didn't e-even ki-kiss yo-you ba-back!" You stuttered. Your nerves were boiling with anger while your heart was beating real fast.

"You know, I'm really confused about what I'm feeling but when I kissed you, It feels good! My heart is doing this flipping thingy and uhm..." Kris rubbed the back of his head. "Can I have more?"