Chapter 2

Opposites

 

Reina packed her bag quickly the moment the bell rang. Reina stopped outside a certain classroom and watched as the students in the classroom piled out. She scanned around, looking for the person she was finding.  *He hasn’t come out has he?* Reina looked through the window to spot for him.

Reina spotted Sehun coming out of the classroom and went towards the door immediately. ‘Hey!’ Reina called as Sehun walked out of the classroom towards the hallway with Kai by his side.

‘Hey!’ Reina called and rushed to Sehun’s side. Kai turned and looked at Reina. ‘Oh hello!’ Kai smiled upon seeing Reina. Sehun just looked in front, ignoring her presence.

‘What are you here for?’ Kai asked even when he knew what she wanted.

Reina ignored Kai’s presence and looked at Sehun ‘Cant you be my friend?’

‘No’ Sehun replied without thinking. He didn’t even bother to look at her. ‘Cant I be your friend?’ Kai joined in the fun or so he thought.

Reina looked at Kai, Kai looked back at her. Reina blinked twice before she replied with a straight face ‘No’

Instead of being angry at her answer, Kai laughed out. ‘You’re really interesting’

Reina frowned at Kai’s words but her attention was back to Sehun in no time. ‘Why cant you be my friend?’ Reina asked but Sehun didn’t reply.

Sehun looked at Kai ‘We gotta hurry, they’re probably waiting for us at the gate already’ Sehun fastened his pace.

‘Let them wait then. Its not like its the first time they wait for us anyway’ Kai shrugged. Sehun glared at him. Kai raised his hand in surrender. ‘Fine, lets walk faster.’ Kai then turned to look at Reina ‘We gotta hurry, see you next time’ Kai chuckled and waved as he walked away with Sehun who hadn’t once looked in Reina’s way.

‘Wait!’ Reina called but they had already walked away. She wanted to follow them but her legs weren’t able to catch up with their long legs. Reina pouted as she watched them leave. *I haven’t even get you to be my friend yet..*

~~~~~~~~~~

Sehun came out of his classroom to see Reina waiting outside for him again. 'Hey!' Kai waved, he was already used to seeing her. Reina had been constantly waiting for Sehun every single day for the past one week, asking him the same thing. Reina just nod back awkwardly at Kai.

'I'll see you later' Kai said to Sehun before disappearing.

Sehun walked towards his locker while Reina followed him behind. People were gossiping about how weird she was but she never cared. All she knew was she wanted Sehun to be her friend and she'll get it. She was determined to have him as her friend.

Sehun opened up his locker while Reina stayed silently by his side, giving him her puppy look.

'Can you stopped following me?!' Sehun slammed his locker and glared at her.

Reina jumped a bit because of the force but remained calm again when she remembered her motive 'Can you be my friend?' Reina asked for the nth time.

*Friend, friend and friend! Whats wrong with her?!* 'Whats wrong with you?!' Sehun could felt his blood boiling because of this girl. How could there be anyone as annoying as her?

'Whats wrong with me?' Reina looked at herself and blinked up at Sehun innocently.

Sehun pinched the bridge of his nose and take a deep breath before looking back at her. 'Why do you want to be my friend?'

'Why cant I be your friend?' Reina asked back.

'Can you stop copying me?' Sehun hissed.

Reina blinked 'Since when am I copying you?'

Sehun take a deep breath 'Then can stop replying my question with a question. Reply properly' Sehun tried calming himself down. He wasnt going to lose his cool because of this girl.

'Did I?' Reina looked at Sehun with a confused expression.

'Yah!' Sehun shouted. Reina jumped in her place at Sehun's sudden outburst. Students stopped and watched them. Sehun shot them a glare and the students started walking away again.

'Look, I dont know why you want to be my friend but I dont want to have you as my friend. How can there be someone as annoying as you?!' Sehun then cussed under his breath.

'But I want you as my friend' *Gay friend to be exact* Reina gave Sehun her pleading look again.

'You wouldnt give up will you?' Sehun started walking towards the school gate.

Reina hurried beside him 'Will you give me a chance then?' Reina asked hopefully.

'Yah!' Sehun stopped and yelled at her. Reina just blinked back at him *Did I say anything wrong again?*

'Forget it' Sehun looked away then look back at Reina. 'Look, lets make a deal'

'What deal?' Reina asked excitedly.

'Will you just listen to me?' Sehun glared at Reina who interrupted him.

Reina pretended to zip and looked at Sehun with sparkling eyes. Sehun heaved a sigh before he continued. 'Lets make a deal, if you can make me laugh within a week, I’ll be your friend’

‘Deal!’ Reina replied without even finished hearing Sehun’s request. Sehun shot her a look. Reina zipped again and motioned for him to continue. ‘But if you cant, you’ll have to disappear and never appear in front of me again’ Sehun finished.

Reina didn’t have to consider about it ‘Deal’ she replied earnestly. ‘But when does it start?’ Reina tilt her head and looked at Sehun.

‘Tomorrow’ Sehun left quickly after what he said. He didn’t want to deal with her any longer. It was as if he was testing his own sanity.

Reina smiled at the thought of tomorrow, she would definitely do anything to make him laugh. ‘Bye! See you tomorrow!’ Reina waved and yelled as she watched Sehun walked away. *It wouldn’t be that hard right?*